Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obelisk on Ellen Whites Grave site why?  (Read 19909 times)

christian

Obelisk on Ellen Whites Grave site why?
« on: January 09, 2013, 04:10:29 AM »

A while back I went to the grave site of Ellen G. White, I stood on the grave site just in case like Elisha the bones would impart some of the power of the Holy Ghost to me. As I was standing there and looking at the grave to my alarm the head stone was and obelisk the same as the one in Washington D. C. and the ones use to mark the grave of those of the New World Order, why?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Obelisk on Ellen Whites Grave site why?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:08:33 AM »

christian

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 05:38:30 AM »

Check out the response at the following link:

http://support.amazingdiscoveries.org/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/168/19/the-grave-of-ellen-white

It even mentions Bob Pickle by name with a link here:

http://www.pickle-publishing.com/papers/jeremiah-films/video-1.htm

That is not a rational response to a legitimate question, why is there and Obelisk on her grave site. Every question does not imply that the person is against Ellen G. White but in some instances it is just and attempt to understand.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 06:06:43 AM »

In the Amazing Discoveries link the following direct response was given:
Obelisks were a standard for gravestones during the time she lived. In fact, they represented one of the cheaper options.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 07:08:37 AM »

There is an obelisk at the grave site, but there is not an obelisk as a headstone. The headstone simply says "Mother" on the top, and James White's headstone says "Father" on the top. I don't know what they are like now, but the Sabbath School felts we had growing up had a second coming scene that used the same headstones, and had a couple whose faces were turned away, the woman of the couple having her hair in a bun.

As far as why there is an obelisk at the grave site, I don't know who decided what type of monument to have, or when. You could contact the White Estate and report back here what they tell you.

christian

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 07:46:51 AM »

There is an obelisk at the grave site, but there is not an obelisk as a headstone. The headstone simply says "Mother" on the top, and James White's headstone says "Father" on the top. I don't know what they are like now, but the Sabbath School felts we had growing up had a second coming scene that used the same headstones, and had a couple whose faces were turned away, the woman of the couple having her hair in a bun.

As far as why there is an obelisk at the grave site, I don't know who decided what type of monument to have, or when. You could contact the White Estate and report back here what they tell you.

Thanks, I am sure they have a rational reason as with everything ever asked. It would seem we would have removed it because for some people it could become a stumbling block. The stone is not a cheap one either as evident by the many headstones around that time that I would consider modest and pretty cheap. IT IS NOT A MAJOR ISSUE WITH ME EITHER, I WAS JUST WONDERING WHEN I WAS THERE. To me it would be of more importance if Ellen put it there herself but since she was dead that would have been a miracle of great importance.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »

Here's a 2008 response to this issue by the White Estate's William Fagal: http://drc.whiteestate.org/createpdf.php?emailid=41680.

What do you think?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 08:20:11 AM »

Check out the response at the following link:

http://support.amazingdiscoveries.org/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/168/19/the-grave-of-ellen-white

It even mentions Bob Pickle by name with a link here:

http://www.pickle-publishing.com/papers/jeremiah-films/video-1.htm

And here it is:

"The Grave of Ellen White
Posted on 10 May 2012 12:37 PM
Please help me to understand what is going on here. Is Ellen G. White's grave really an Egyptian obelisk? Does this mean that Ellen White was a Freemason and Baal worshiper?

We must not look only at the symbols around a person, but what they teach and how they live. Take Robert Schuller for example. We don't look only at the symbols around him, but what he teaches. Robert Schuller teaches Masonic doctrine. If you need proof please watch the presentation That All May Be One on our new TV site.   
There are some who say that Ellen White has an obelisk on her grave stone, therefore she must have been involved in the Masons. My response is simply this: did Ellen White teach Masonic doctrine? The obvious answer to that question is no! She constantly indicts Freemasons and secret societies in her writings. Each time she mentions them, she basically says that those who belong to such orders will be lost. In fact, that in and of itself validates her prophetic gift in my eyes (See Hidden Agendas on our TV site as well). We can't assume she was a Mason or a Baal worshiper solely because she has an obelisk on her grave. Obelisks were a standard for gravestones during the time she lived. In fact, they represented one of the cheaper options. Read more about gravestone use in the US here: Association for Gravestone Studies

If you wish to read something that is a response to the false accusations against Ellen White, I highly recommend the following website. Here, Bob Pickle obliterates the false accusations against Ellen White, and shows that most of the accusations believed against her are lies, and that the rest are twisted versions of what she actually said."

I love the term OBLITERATE: fits this "apologist" (a misnomer) PERFECTLY.

I read Eisenhower's thesis on "Total War" (as opposed to police actions and nation-building) and subscribe to it...and Mr Pickle, un-knowingly, believes in the same as it relates to the Great Controversy!!!

We should all join him in this noble effort...keep up the GREAT WORK, Mr. Pickle!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

SDAminister

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »

Obelisks were a standard for gravestones during the time she lived. In fact, they represented one of the cheaper options

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I don't believe that for a minute. Yes, the prevalence of Masons, Odd Fellows, and other lodges a century ago was greater than now. Much of the architecture of the time represented their influence.
But, I've been in a lot of cemetaries and there are virtually no gravestones in the obelisk shape from a hundred years ago. The cheaper gravestone are simply headstones which sit horizontally and flat on the ground (not vertical ones which need to be fixed to a plinth to keep it from tipping over), which, it should be note, the graves of Ellen and James White do have. The obelisk is off to the side.

It may be more accurate to state that obelisks were a cheaper form of monument or family marker.

SDAminister
Pages: [1]   Go Up