Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Glenn Dryden  (Read 22508 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Glenn Dryden
« on: March 09, 2013, 12:55:30 PM »

And that, Mr. Walker, is the issue... you ran at the mouth and repeatedly seek sympathy...none here, old boy!!! You have been adequately compensated and now express a disdain for 3ABN issues, claiming that we should now focus on Dryden...why???

Are you claiming to be a victim here as well??? Nay, simply hostility for a man that speaks his mind...clearly a disdainful rule in your world!!! And you now allege the failure of your old church was the fault of Dryden...a remarkable prejudice built on a lack of reality given your own claim of being a victim and nearly two dozen more that we have identified, not including Dun Loring!!!

Do you really expect us to believe that the underlying issues in those churches had nothing to do with the outrageous actions of Tommy Ray Shelton and the cover-up by Danny Lee Shelton??? And in fact Pastor Dryden is completely culpable?  Has Dryden done ANYTHING that even closely resembles the inappropriate actions of Danny Lee Shelton and Tommy Ray Shelton??? Has he dumped his wife and remarried? Has he had inappropriate relationships with other women or men?

So, get on with specific allegations that can be clarified or move on as we continue to focus on 3ABN and Danny Lee Shelton!!! That is a problem that is still unresolved and requires redress!!!

Nearly two weeks later we still await your specific answers!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Gailon: we have given the facts. I have repeatedly asked you a simple question and you refuse to answer. YOU can run at the mouth all you want but YOU will not shut me up. Sorry. Until your a victim and been through what we have, I'd advise you to keep your mouth shut about things you have no idea about.

Gailon: Perhaps you missed my post dated February 23rd. Where I did point out my issues. I also asked you a direct question, which you failed to answer......Care to try again??

Here I will refresh you:

My post dated on February 23, 2013:

Re: 3ABN settles with Alex Walker over Tommy Shelton's pedophilia

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2013, 02:46:12 PM »

ReplyQuote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may be meaningless to you Gailon, but it is not for us.

So Glenn Filed a complaint before or after signing Tommy's ordination license? He wasted no time sending letters out to fellow pastors about Tommy. Yet he signed his name to Tommy's certificate as long as 5 years after the first letter went out!!.So he sends letters out to churches and pastors telling them about Tommy then 5 years later he signs Tommy's certificate, and you're ok with that? lol. Well I AM NOT.

So was this supposed complaint before or after he signed Tommy's certificate? I'm willing to wager it was before.

I mean the simple fact that a majority of Tommy's victims have threw Glenn under the bus and want no part of him should tell you something! He thinks he's a hero.....huh? Well, most of us disagree.

So let me ask you Gailon. Do you think Glenn Dryden was right for signing that certificate in 2001? Do you believe we do not have the right to be outraged? Some of us trusted Glenn Dryden then to find out he did that are we to just ignore it and keep our mouth shut?[/b][/i]

I mean, how could anyone say they agree it was right? Here is a man who was on Tommy's trail as early as 96 if not before. Then he himself in 2001 signs a certificate allowing him to continue to preach and do harm?

Then Glenn Dryden comes on "ADVENTTALK" and posted what he did on here. But, we shouldn't discuss him?

Have we forgotten what Glenn wrote? I will use quotes and address each one:

"It appears a purported victim, who by his admission was an adult when trysts took place, is attempting to deflect criticism for his lack of action – again, lack of action by his admission.  Indeed, a competent adult, had he gone to authorities, it reasonably may be presumed that a number of adolescent victims would have been spared the anguish they have endured."

Now what is he saying here? He is talking about Duane. Basically blaming Duane for the abuse of other victims. Insinuating that there was this "love affair" between Duane and Tommy. Totally ignoring the fact that Duane was a victim himself. Tottaly ridiculous. Is this acceptable? I mean it's a good statment if you're a defense attorney or Greg Simpson. However, Glenn is not a defense attorney.
Next quote:

"With respect to the Ministerial Council of the Church of God, Inc., the hearts of the ministers who make up this Ministerial Council are grieved as a consequence of the suffering each victim has endured and continues to endure.  As to Pastor Tommy Shelton’s relationship with this organization, I trust the foregoing expression of sentiment is not soured when I say we too were groomed, deceived and taken advantage of.  In the time leading up to his ordination by our organization, Pastor Shelton was not forthright with those in the Ministerial Council's leadership.  Regarding his past, he was manipulative and misleading.  By giving the impression he had been mistreated by some in Illinois, he was able to play upon the sympathy he generated toward himself.  It appears he did not withhold information that accusations of some kind had been brought against him in Illinois.  He pronounced, however, upon the fact that these allegations were reviewed by law enforcement and not pursued.  The impression left was that the allegations were motivated by jealousy and were unfounded."

What is he saying here? He's basically saying that he and the other members of the counsel was victims of Tommy, right? Well let me get this straight, aren't these GROWN men? In his previous quote he basically says that there is no way Duane could be a victim, he actually puts the Blame of Tommy on Duane. So using Glenn's logic how could he and the other members be a victim?

Next quote:

" I was serving as secretary-treasurer of the Ministerial Council when Tommy Shelton mailed me his 2001 minister's card in March of 2001.  A responsibility of the secretary-treasurer of our Ministerial Council is to periodically issue each minister a "Minister's Card" which states the minister is "in good standing with the Ministerial Council of the Church of God."  That is to say the minister is in good standing with the ministers of the organization.  Pastor Tommy Shelton had been in good standing with the ministers of the organization as of late fall of 2000 when the 2001 Minister’s Card was mailed to him."

Here he acknowledges he did in fact send out that card. He attempts to make excuses as to why he signed it. So what is he saying? Basically that because Tommy was in good standing with the other ministers he had to sign it? Excuse me why I die laughing. That's ridiculous. Gailon, people, this was 5 years after the 96 letter to Pastor Byron Wood telling them they should not hire Tommy as pastor due to sexual relationships with boys. But here in 2001 he signs it because he's in "good standing"? Well, I for one would never had signed that knowing the allegations of sexual misconduct in the past. It's not the fact Glenn didn't believe the allegations was true, because he did! Yet, he still signs it allowing Tommy to continue Pastoring. Yet, I am to be OK with this? Dennis is to be ok with this? Duane is to be ok with this? Duane is to be ok with Glenn blaming him for further cases of molestation???

I know Glenn as does Duane. I know what type of person he is. He is not what he seems. This is evidence. If anyone is OK with this I would like to know who?

But Let's continue:

This was Duane Clem's reply to Dryden's post on Adventtalk.

Re: Glenn Dryden will you resign as pastor of the Community Church of God?

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:18:33 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Not only is he not sorry for his attack on me, he has now repeated it. What a great man of God.

So, you're telling us that Tommy Shelton was in good standing with the Ministerial Committee as of 2001. Is that correct? Could you please explain, then, why you resurrected the allegations in the late 1990s while pastor of Ezra Church of God, even going so far as to issue a letter of apology to the  Church of God general offices in Illinois for past actions by the church and some of its members? I do have witnesses who will corroborate what I am saying. You've been caught in a lie, and you're attempting to cover it with another lie. You've started something that you can't control. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

By the way, your attack on me is being publicized.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Duane is asking a reasonable question here. Why was Dryden issuing letter of appology to other churches in the 90s? Why 10 years later he did he sign his name?? This question needs to be answered.
Then you have Bob's reply to Dryden's comments. Bob, understands our point.

Re: Glenn Dryden will you resign as pastor of the Community Church of God?

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »

Pastor Glenn,

In hindsight, would it not have been better to inform the ministerial council that you could not in good conscience sign Tommy's 2001 ministerial credentials? Then, if they still wanted to issue them, someone else could have signed that card.

Was the letter of apology Duane refers to an effort on your part outside of the ministerial council to deal with the allegations against Tommy? If so, then signing that card comes across differently to me, since you then would not have been ignoring the allegations. Still, in hindsight, I think it would have been wiser not to sign that card.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See? Bob sees the point. People, this was not a simple mistake.

So please Gailon.....Tell me what part should I not discuss about him? He's innocent? So let me ask you again, you're OK with all this? If so......WOW.

Oh, by the way, how come Pastor Arnold Edmondson who was a defender of Tommy and also served as a member of the Ministerial Counsel Glenn mentions.....How come he can appologize to the victims for being wrong, but Glenn can't? Afraid he may be sued? Well, so could have Edmondson and the other members, but he has asked for repentance. Guess what? We have forgiven him. Why can't Glenn be man enough to appologize???

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:58:38 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Glenn Dryden
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 06:09:16 PM »

And that is the entire case? That is your best shot? He gave notice of claims, the victims fail to make the allegations stick, Tommy is rehired by your church family for a second shot, he gets fired again, works for 3ABN and is forced off campus, ends up at Dun Loring COG, is re-instated by the COG and replaces the Pastor that goes to Africa, brings in your brother with the help of 3ABN, does a local TV Ministry on cable with the help of 3ABN, creates a pile of new victims, including yourself, thanks to your brother, gets caught when your brother and Tommy's wife and daughter do an intervention, goes to an institution for rehab, comes back and gives up his position, moves back to Kentucky, gets a job with 3ABN in violation of a prior board decision in the video library, creates more victims (including you again), takes over Linda's position at 3ABN as programming director, Glenn Dryden's letter crosses my desk and Bob comes back from ASI with BIG questions, we open an investigation based on the Dryden Letter, you deny being a victim before admitting you were a victim, two victims file criminal complaints in Va, your's is tossed, you file a civil suit, your brother and Danny Lee Shelton orchestrate a video campaign that includes your mother to undermine your claims, the battle proceeds and evidence mounts against your brother and Danny Lee Shelton, they settle to get rid of you...and you are bent out of shape because Dryden Signed Tommy's ministerial when he had no good legal basis for not doing so as part of his job???

I am much more interested in your Brother's role from day one to today and who was paying him while in Dun Loring? Has he apologized? Has Tommy apologized? Has Danny Lee Shelton apologized? HAS YOUR MOTHER APOLOGIZED???

Now that is a STORY!!! Dryden's great signature sin is a minor key in a major symphony full of DRAMA...including misplaced hatred by the VICTIMS!!!

And then to top it all off, you make an allegation that both churches are failures because of Dryden? I would like to see YOU try and turn that BLOODY MESS around!!! Best of luck and may your misplaced HATRED find a real perpetrator!!!

Like I said, it is amazing what a lot  of money will "cure" while the real story is yet to be told!!! But, thanks for the opportunity to outline the REAL STORY and may you properly direct your "hatred" to perpetrators, such as your brother!!! Brad is a story waiting for
a masterful novel and is stranger than fiction!!!

Have you heard the old adage...you can fool some of the people all the time, all the people some of the time, but NEVER ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME...I am not fooled and ready, willing and able to tell most of the story ANYTIME...and I intend to get ALL the story, in time, with or without YOU!!!

Just be very careful not to become the story!!! Believe me, there is plenty of opportunity in that fertile ground!!!

My advise is to move on and enjoy the fruits you have been able to pick and leave Dryden alone...remember Danny's favorite saying: be careful when you push the stone...it may role back on top of YOU!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
AUReporter

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 06:18:55 PM »

First of all Gailon.....I was NEVER a member of Ezra. So please stop saying that. It's not true, it's a lie.

Gailon I see your point as far as my mother and my brother. I am pleased to say while no, my mother has not apologized she and I have a decent relationship. As far as my brother....we simply do not speak.

Misplaced hatred? I think Duane has said it and so will I....YOU, GAILON JOY do not know Glenn Dryden. Stop pretending that you do.

Hey, do you not read??? I think it has been said there was a pastor between Tommy and Dryden and Ezra was thriving!!!!! The same is true for the CCOG. They didn't start to die until Dryden arrived. Get your facts straight. Both Churches had pastors between Tommy and Dryden.....and they was doing fine until he arrived! Facts are facts Gailon.

Gailon, you keep saying "money" bought me off.....No....justice has been won and that's the end of it. I refuse to concern myself with 3ABN issues.

I will not leave Dryden alone.... I've just begun. :)

By the way, I refuse to end the story. All these threats about lawsuits and such......BRING IT ON!

If I gave up every time that I have been threatened since this begun......well there would be no story. I gave up everything to fight this, family included. So threats do not scare me at all.

And you're going to criticize me for no longer wanting to be concerned with 3ABN issues? When I gave up OVER 2 years of my life and time to fight this??? Are you serious, Gailon?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:30:56 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 11:30:58 AM »

First of all Gailon.....I was NEVER a member of Ezra. So please stop saying that. It's not true, it's a lie.

I said you were a "member". However, since you were not, what is the basis for your authority ?

Gailon I see your point as far as my mother and my brother. I am pleased to say while no, my mother has not apologized she and I have a decent relationship. As far as my brother....we simply do not speak.

Misplaced hatred? I think Duane has said it and so will I....YOU, GAILON JOY do not know Glenn Dryden. Stop pretending that you do.

Hey, do you not read??? I think it has been said there was a pastor between Tommy and Dryden and Ezra was thriving!!!!! The same is true for the CCOG. They didn't start to die until Dryden arrived. Get your facts straight. Both Churches had pastors between Tommy and Dryden.....and they was doing fine until he arrived! Facts are facts Gailon.

I would like evidence that EZRA was thriving...that is nit the report I had from the Clerk Secretary and other members...simply put, I do not believe your assessment is accurate!!!

Gailon, you keep saying "money" bought me off.....No....justice has been won and that's the end of it. I refuse to concern myself with 3ABN issues.

By the way, I refuse to end the story. All these threats about lawsuits and such......BRING IT ON!

If I gave up every time that I have been threatened since this begun......well there would be no story. I gave up everything to fight this, family included. So threats do not scare me at all.

And you're going to criticize me for no longer wanting to be concerned with 3ABN issues? When I gave up OVER 2 years of my life and time to fight this??? Are you serious, Gailon?

Oh-h-h-h-h!!! Poor You....JUST 2 YEARS????Linda has not had justice in nearly 9 years!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »

ONE OTHER IMPORTANT THING...I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT WOULD GLADLY GIVE UP A MEASELY 2 YEARS FOR LOW SEVEN FIGURE SETTLEMENTS!!!!

Nurtured properly, you should live comfortably for the remainder of your life!!! I have worked with hundreds over the years you suffered far more for FAR LESS!!! Including some of your very brethren and victims of TRS ...and what have you done for them???

MAKE IT COUNT, ALEX...MAKE IT COUNT!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 01:52:12 PM »

Not only that, TS was never fired from Ezra, either. Gailon really needs to get off this subject. Every post proves he knows very little about this situation.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 01:55:58 PM »

ONE OTHER IMPORTANT THING...I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT WOULD GLADLY GIVE UP A MEASELY 2 YEARS FOR LOW SEVEN FIGURE SETTLEMENTS!!!!

And some of us would like to make our own decision about whether or not to pursue a civil case and not be harrassed about our "inaction" repeatedly.

Nurtured properly, you should live comfortably for the remainder of your life!!! I have worked with hundreds over the years you suffered far more for FAR LESS!!! Including some of your very brethren and victims of TRS ...and what have you done for them???

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
If this means what I think it means, that's really tacky.
Duane Clem

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 08:11:53 PM »

Gailon said this:

Oh-h-h-h-h!!! Poor You....JUST 2 YEARS????Linda has not had justice in nearly 9 years!!!

Are you kidding me Gailon? That statement alone shows me you have no heart. Was Linda molested? No.....was you? No. So like I said....you make yourself look stupid. Just shut up.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:18:29 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 08:14:10 PM »

And some of us would like to make our own decision about whether or not to pursue a civil case and not be harrassed about our "inaction" repeatedly.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter
If this means what I think it means, that's really tacky.

Yes, it is tacky and it's absurd. The simple fact that Gailon has not communicated with some of the victims and I talk to them on a regular basis. This shows me he has no idea what he's talking about. He talked to some .....what... four or five years ago by phone?  And I know a couple that he has NEVER communicated with.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:41:59 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 08:17:12 PM »

I said you were a "member". However, since you were not, what is the basis for your authority ?

I would like evidence that EZRA was thriving...that is nit the report I had from the Clerk Secretary and other members...simply put, I do not believe your assessment is accurate!!!

Well, my assessment as far as the churches is absolutely correct.  I have been to both churches BEFORE AND DURING DRYDENS pastorship. Why don't you call the churches yourself and ask them what their attendance was during the pastors between Tommy and Dryden? You will find out what we are saying is the truth!

Dryden has killed those two churches. Plain and simple.

Ed Beck pastored the CCOG after Tommy and Before Glenn. The church was not suffering like it is today.

The same is true with Ezra....Arnold Edmondson pastored after Tommy and before Dryden. The church and church school was thriving.....again before Glenn arrived. Dryden left that church at the point of closure. The school went from over 100 children attending to less than 20 under Dryden.

Do your own research, and TRUST ME.......You will see what I'm saying is TRUE!

You said it's not the report from the church clerk and other members? LOL! Then what members and church clerk did you talk to? Because I have talked to them too, and everything I have said has been correct.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:38:53 AM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »

Not only that, TS was never fired from Ezra, either. Gailon really needs to get off this subject. Every post proves he knows very little about this situation.

Gailon does not know ANYTHING about the situation, obviously. His "facts" or made up assumptions are plain wrong. Like you said, his post prove that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:43:32 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 06:24:10 PM »

Was Linda molested? No.....

I think the above can give the wrong idea. What exactly happened I'm not sure, but I do have some strange emails between, if I recall correctly, Danny and Johann that raises questions as to the conduct of a certain individual who is not Norwegian.

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »

I wish someone would explain what exactly the outrage over Dryden is about. Obviously, at least a couple of people hate him quite intensely but no one has said why, or at least the explanations don't warrant the level of anger expressed, so I'm guessing there must be something more... ???

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 04:03:44 AM »

I wish someone would explain what exactly the outrage over Dryden is about. Obviously, at least a couple of people hate him quite intensely but no one has said why, or at least the explanations don't warrant the level of anger expressed, so I'm guessing there must be something more... ???
It would take me half a day to tell everything this man has put myself and others, as well as the Ezra Church of God through. The events mentioned here are just the final straws.
Duane Clem

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 05:39:08 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Until you have met Dryden, you know nothing about the man. Gailon has never met him and neither has Bob. Just like Gailon has NEVER met any of the victims but wants to act as though he is the "spokesman". (Referencing his previous post.) Now, I can't say Bob hasn't, because I know he has met at least one.

Gailon points out that Dryden is not as bad as Tommy. Well in some aspects he's just like Tommy if not even better at deceiving people. He has you all deceived.

A few years ago, the former Mayor of West Frankfort, Jack Woolard, was running for State Rep. in Illinois against now Senator Gary Forby. In one of Forby's campaign commercials a dog was chasing a sheep... it said "don't let Woolard pull the wool over your eyes."

I bring that up to say this. Some of you....not all (Because I have received a few calls lately from folks who get it and agree with us) have the WOOL pulled over your eyes by Dryden. Just like many had the wool pulled over theirs about Tommy.

Now, let's ask this.....are you going to seriously make excuses and downplay Dryden's involvement a man you have never met, or take our word for it? People who actually know Dryden ALL TO WELL.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:50:44 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up