Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Glenn Dryden  (Read 22437 times)

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
Re: Glenn Dryden
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »

Gailon said this in one of his previous post:

I said you were a "member". However, since you were not, what is the basis for your authority ?

My involvement begun when Dryden arrived at Ezra. I was attending the Ezra Christian School. I will not go into detail over the HELL I went through because of this man. After several years, It came to the point where my parents thought it best to pull me out of there and move me to public school. The best decision they ever made.  I succeeded at West Frankfort Community High and was NEVER in trouble.

But, it didn't end there. I know people personally such as Duane....who has had to live in hell because of what this man has put them through and put ME through!

Yes,Murcielago, you are absolutely correct. There is more to it. Like Duane said this was the tip of the iceberg.
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 05:35:28 AM »

Gailon points out that Dryden is not as bad as Tommy. Well in some aspects he's just like Tommy if not even better at deceiving people. He has you all deceived.

On what point has Dryden deceived anyone that can be lumped in with "you all"? My communications with him have mostly concerned Tommy, and mostly about the child molestation allegations about Tommy. I do recall my asking Dryden about when Dryden was in Virginia and when he was in Illinois. Now if Dryden lied to me about when he was living where, or if Dryden lied to me about Tommy being accused of molesting children, then I could see a basis for the allegation that Dryden has deceived us. Otherwise, I don't see a basis for it.

It isn't a deception to say that Dryden's 2003 letter to Walt Thompson about Tommy is what got Gailon to investigate Danny and 3ABN.

Now, let's ask this.....are you going to seriously make excuses and downplay Dryden's involvement a man you have never met, or take our word for it?

I haven't seen anyone downplaying Dryden's involvement. The fact remains that Dryden's 2003 letter played a vital role in the saga that has unfolded since 2006. My friend tried contacting the Dunn Loring CCoG in August 2006 and got Dryden. Dryden then told my friend about the letter and sent a copy of the letter that was to be shared only with church leaders.

From what I recall, Walt Thompson was clearly perturbed that we had gotten that letter, and he speculated that a certain board member had told us about the matter, a board member he did not identify. Gailon referred to that comment as part of Walt's psychotic witch hunt.

I will not go into detail over the HELL I went through because of this man.

And that's the problem I see. Many of our readers have trouble understanding what Dryden has done that rises to the level of Tommy's child molestation, and whatever it was, it's kept secret and undocumented. That has nothing to do with Dryden pulling the wool over anyone's eyes. That has to do with a choice not to disclose whatever horrific deeds Dryden allegedly did.

Note that I never said he never did such deeds. I've simply pointed out that they haven't been disclosed and haven't been documented. Mostly all we (we the public) have are vague assertions, with a few undocumented specifics.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 02:49:32 PM »

It isn't a deception to say that Dryden's 2003 letter to Walt Thompson about Tommy is what got Gailon to investigate Danny and 3ABN.
What so many are choosing to ignore is this: Dryden had no business sending out the letter to Walt Thompson or any of the other letters he admits sending. His responsibility when learning of the allegations was to notify the authorities and then shut up. Instead, he dug and dug because he has a sick obsession with the details. Then, when confronted with the fact that he overstepped, he decides he'll just keep quiet now.

Sorry, too late for that now. He wanted recognition, and I'm going to see that he gets it.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 01:38:58 AM »

What so many are choosing to ignore is this: Dryden had no business sending out the letter to Walt Thompson or any of the other letters he admits sending. His responsibility when learning of the allegations was to notify the authorities and then shut up. Instead, he dug and dug because he has a sick obsession with the details. Then, when confronted with the fact that he overstepped, he decides he'll just keep quiet now.

Sorry, too late for that now. He wanted recognition, and I'm going to see that he gets it.

Duane is absolutely right. It was NOT his place to communicate with you, Bob and Gailon. He was out of line. Are you two authorities? No. Now, if a victim wanted to confide in you that is different. Dryden had one responsibility and that was to report it to the police. He failed. Instead he gives it to you two to broadcast.

*Inappropriate content removed*
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:45:12 PM by Murcielago »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »

Duane is absolutely right. It was NOT his place to communicate with you, Bob and Gailon. He was out of line. Are you two authorities? No. Now, if a victim wanted to confide in you that is different. Dryden had one responsibility and that was to report it to the police. He failed. Instead he gives it to you two to broadcast.

*Inappropriate content removed*
My guess is that Tommy would still be working at 3ABN and doing music with kids, and the criminal case in VA, and the civil case in IL would not have occurred had Dryden not sent that letter to Gailon.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 10:29:23 PM »

My guess is that Tommy would still be working at 3ABN and doing music with kids, and the criminal case in VA, and the civil case in IL would not have occurred had Dryden not sent that letter to Gailon.
The fact remains that it was not within his rights to do so.
Duane Clem

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 07:13:12 AM »

You are correct, lots of hyperbole and little to NO FACTS!!! But, it is clear the HATRED RUNS DEEP...I would dare say deeper than for the chief perpetrator himself!!! GO FIGURE!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

I wish someone would explain what exactly the outrage over Dryden is about. Obviously, at least a couple of people hate him quite intensely but no one has said why, or at least the explanations don't warrant the level of anger expressed, so I'm guessing there must be something more... ???

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 07:58:29 AM »

It was within Dryden's rights to inform Seventh-day Adventists that there was a pedophile working at 3ABN, so that Seventh-day Adventists could protect themselves and their church.

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »

Bob who made you and Gailon the authority or go to people of the seventh Day Adventist? My point is he should not have went to you and Gailon. How hard is that to understand?

Btw, Gailon and Bob....I have better things to do with my time unlike you then spend years worrying about 3ABN or The Sheltons.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:48:07 PM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »

So Gailon? You going to talk to the church members that I have spoken to? Need their numbers? They will tell you who killed CCOG and Ezra. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Tommy.
Alex L. Walker

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 11:37:29 PM »

It was within Dryden's rights to inform Seventh-day Adventists that there was a pedophile working at 3ABN, so that Seventh-day Adventists could protect themselves and their church.
It was not within his rights to dig for past victims and expose them to the public.
Duane Clem

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 08:22:20 AM »

My point is he should not have went to you and Gailon.

He didn't. What happened was that by August 2006 folks were posting stuff on BlackSDA about the CCoG and the allegations against Tommy. Someone posted a link to a contact page for the Churches of God. On August 13 I had a friend on the phone and I was looking at that contact page. I told my friend, "Why don't you call the church and ask them if these allegations against Tommy are true?" He did, and ended up talking to Dryden who told him about the letter he had sent Walt Thompson in 2003.

That letter was not something that the posters on BlackSDA had said anything about. I don't believe that any of them knew anything about it.

The letter itself said nothing about any names. One name I do know that Dryden mentioned to me, maybe later, was Roger, but his name was already public by his own choosing, according to my understanding.

~ Cindy

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2013, 04:48:37 PM »

My point is he should not have went to you and Gailon.

He didn't. What happened was that by August 2006 folks were posting stuff on BlackSDA about the CCoG and the allegations against Tommy. Someone posted a link to a contact page for the Churches of God. On August 13 I had a friend on the phone and I was looking at that contact page. I told my friend, "Why don't you call the church and ask them if these allegations against Tommy are true?" He did, and ended up talking to Dryden who told him about the letter he had sent Walt Thompson in 2003.

That letter was not something that the posters on BlackSDA had said anything about. I don't believe that any of them knew anything about it.

So what were the posts based on and where did this so called info come from, Bob?  Did you ask? Will you provide or reveal that info if you did ask, or will you admit you didn't ask for proof before proceeding to indict???

Honesty is the best policy and the truth has nothing to fear as it will set you free, right???

The letter itself said nothing about any names. One name I do know that Dryden mentioned to me, maybe later, was Roger, but his name was already public by his own choosing, according to my understanding.

Roger, and his unproven and undocumented claims ( what are they Bob? None have ever  really been told) Those claims were already public before you made them so?  and already public? I joined Blacksda according to your personal invitation while we were both members of a Adventist prophecy group on Yahoo,at that time but I recall nothing documenting this. I do remember reading a letter from Dryden to you about this later on, but I don't recall any mention before that. Do you have any proof of it being  public by Roger's own choosing, or why you would have this understanding???? I know you have copies of all the Blacksda forum posts on your server along with all these posts as I also have copies, so do tell?

I DON"T BELIEVE YOU, and have no reason to,  as of now, without proof...

I do require proof for claims. As should we all.

Submit what you have please, for me and others. It's required.

By myself, and more importantly  by God.  "Prove all things" and  "be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear"

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:01:51 PM by ~ Cindy »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »

Roger, and his unproven and undocumented claims ( what are they Bob? None have ever  really been told)
Believe me, those claims have been proven true, just not publicly. The details of those allegations will not be made public, nor with the proof. You'll just have to accept that.
Duane Clem

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 10:06:33 PM »

So what were the posts based on and where did this so called info come from, Bob?

Don't know. If I had to guess, I'd say that the allegation that Tommy's pedophilia was well known among 3ABN-ites is true, and that someone in the know told others. Some of the BlackSDA posters were former employees.

Did you ask?

I don't think that was necessary since my friend called up the CCoG and ended up talking with Dryden. So regardless of where the BlackSDA posters got the info from, my friend got it directly from Dryden on August 13 or 14, 2006.

Will you provide or reveal that info if you did ask, or will you admit you didn't ask for proof before proceeding to indict???

The "indictment" of Danny for covering the child molestation allegations up didn't happen until after Thanksgiving 2006, after Walt Thompson revealed information about that cover up, and after Danny refused to explain the discrepancies.

Roger, and his unproven and undocumented claims ( what are they Bob? None have ever  really been told) Those claims were already public before you made them so?  and already public? I joined Blacksda according to your personal invitation while we were both members of a Adventist prophecy group on Yahoo,at that time but I recall nothing documenting this. I do remember reading a letter from Dryden to you about this later on, but I don't recall any mention before that. Do you have any proof of it being  public by Roger's own choosing, or why you would have this understanding???? I know you have copies of all the Blacksda forum posts on your server along with all these posts as I also have copies, so do tell?

I don't understand what problem you see. Roger went public in his community. I never said he went public on BlackSDA.

As far as the public allegations of Roger go, he alleged that Tommy Shelton had sexually abused him, and that the allegations against Tommy were true.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up