Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should the 3ABN Defenders Use Vile Language?  (Read 5337 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Should the 3ABN Defenders Use Vile Language?
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »

It became necessary a few days ago to delete part of a comment posted by a certain well-known member/administrator of the "other site". 

It was not appropriate for a Christian-based talk site.

Why do you think an individual who specializes in dircting others to be kind and non-judgemental in their attitudes (as in toward Danny Shelton and 3ABN) and quoting scripture in the process, would use such vile language?

Is it a case of "Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be." (James 3:10)?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Should the 3ABN Defenders Use Vile Language?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 03:29:08 PM »

Actually, nobody should use vile language at Advent Talk.

youngwarrior

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:24:09 PM »

Read from The Desire of Ages about Peter's denial of Jesus.  It says the disciples were known for the purity of their language.  Shouldn't we, who claim to be followers of Jesus, be known for the purity of our language?  Thus it would seem to me that someone who uses vile language has revealed their true character.  They must not be a true follower of Jesus.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 06:17:47 AM »

It is a CLEAR INDICATION of the true leader of the group at the other site: Lucifer!!!

That and the fact that it has never Mended Fences but rather disposed of opposition via Stalinistic Purges demonstrates a clear pattern of Satanic Inspiration. And is why 3ABN under current administration should very clearly not exist!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

~ Cindy

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 08:46:34 PM »

It became necessary a few days ago to delete part of a comment posted by a certain well-known member/administrator of the "other site". 

Why do you think an individual who specializes in dircting others to be kind and non-judgemental in their attitudes (as in toward Danny Shelton and 3ABN) and quoting scripture in the process, would use such vile language?

Is it a case of "Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be." (James 3:10)?

hmmm... I wouldn't have normally posted publicly about this except that it seems you have made your edit and moderator action a topic...  It  has come to my attention only today that it was me who was being referred to and my words which were interpreted as "vile language." I was initially surprised by that. I can only assume offense was taken despite my meaning as another meaning was in your own mind... I don't claim to understand your mind or how you view things but I do apologize for the confusion.

To clarify:
Here's the principle I was trying to express.

Act 10:25         And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped [him].
Act 10:26         But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. 

Some men don't do that, Artiste. They think you need to bow down to them, not physically, but mentally and emotionally.

I think that is vile, and that doing so  is also vile. I refuse to bow down to anyone besides my Creator and don't want you to either.  I hope you feel the same about me, and that we can at least agree on this.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:04:18 PM by ~ Cindy »

christian

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:10 AM »

hmmm... I wouldn't have normally posted publicly about this except that it seems you have made your edit and moderator action a topic...  It  has come to my attention only today that it was me who was being referred to and my words which were interpreted as "vile language." I was initially surprised by that. I can only assume offense was taken despite my meaning as another meaning was in your own mind... I don't claim to understand your mind or how you view things but I do apologize for the confusion.

To clarify:
Here's the principle I was trying to express.

Act 10:25         And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped [him].
Act 10:26         But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man. 

Some men don't do that, Artiste. They think you need to bow down to them, not physically, but mentally and emotionally.

I think that is vile, and that doing so  is also vile. I refuse to bow down to anyone besides my Creator and don't want you to either.  I hope you feel the same about me, and that we can at least agree on this.

This text does not apply to you "I myself also am a man" women should bow down and learn to be quiet and learn from the feet of their husband or leader.
Pages: [1]   Go Up