Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hal asks for prayer for Mollie's metastatic lung cancer.  (Read 18186 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Hal asks for prayer for Mollie's metastatic lung cancer.
« on: April 21, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »

Hal Steenson has asked for prayer for Mollie, who is being treated for lung cancer at Loma Linda, cancer which has spread to her bones.

childoftheking

Re: Hal asks for prayer for Mollie's metastatic lung cancer.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »

Sincerely very sorry to hear this. Wouldn't wish this disease
on anyone.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 08:50:16 AM »

I really don't get it, but over on that other site, "Truth" used my post above to slam me. "Truth" said,

Quote from: 'Truth' over on the other site
Pickle can't even get his facts straight about Mollie.

Pickle and Joy are such poor gossips, oh excuse me, "reporters" that nearly everything they say is so skewed one can hardly find a grain of truth in it anymore. God help their souls.

Hal Steenson had emailed all the prayer warriors the following:

Quote from: Hal Steenson
I am sending this for my wife. Please pray for Mollie Sue Steenson. She is currently at Loma Linda Hospital undergoing Chemo treatments. She has lung cancer (recently found) and it has metastasized to her bones.

I wrote:

Hal Steenson has asked for prayer for Mollie, who is being treated for lung cancer at Loma Linda, cancer which has spread to her bones.

Can anyone detect the least little inaccuracy in what I wrote?

Is "Truth" perturbed that I wrote "Loma Linda" instead of "Loma Linda Hospital," or "spread" instead of "metastasized"?

What really is the problem?

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »

Bob, "TRUTH" is so factually challenged "TRUTH" can't find it's way back here to answer, nor do they give any definitive specifics on anything...in fact they are TRUTHLESS!!! And ALL TOO FREQUENTLY WRONG!!!

I would not waste my time responding to an OXYMORON!!!

G.Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 11:17:47 AM »

When Mollie had x-rays after the auto accident where she and Hal were involved, they found evidence of the cancer. It is in her lungs and bones----stage 4.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 04:58:15 PM »

The following was posted on the 3ABN website under news:

http://3abn.org/news/prayers-requested-for-mollie-steenson/

Mollie Steenson, 3ABN’s Vice President and General Manager, has been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer in the bones and lungs. Although modern medicine currently offers no cure, we are highly encouraged that this condition can be contained through systemic treatment. Mollie is focusing on living well with cancer, rather than dying with cancer. She looks forward to returning to work and serving the Lord for many years to come.

3ABN President and CEO, Jim Gilley, says that the tremendous outpouring of love and prayers for Mollie from our worldwide audience has been amazing, and that 3ABN leadership and staff joined him in a day of prayer and fasting last Friday on her behalf.

“Although the doctors have said there is no cure, they do believe there is containment,” he says, “and as far as we’re concerned, containment until the Lord comes is a cure!

“Please continue to pray for Mollie,” he adds. “We miss her, and look forward to her return, soon!”

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 06:08:28 PM »

So Hal was mistaken that it was lung cancer? Then maybe "Truth" really can find fault with me for passing on "gossip" I got from my source, Hal Steenson, husband of the afflicted one.

"Systemic treatment" must refer to the chemo.

SDAminister

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 10:05:23 PM »

Too bad that the one person who probably could help Mollie, she had kicked off of 3ABN. I'm talking about Danny Vierra. Instead, she should be calling him for help on how to treat her cancer. She had no help from the resident lapdog, uh, I mean "doctor" Walter Thompson. What a quack!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ldm/message/9500

I feel sorry for Mollie. Failing divine intervention, the "doctors" will poison or burn her body, and what can be expected after that??????
Amazing how the "counteracting the counterfeit" has become "condoning the counterfeit (medicine) i.e. chemo".

Alex L. Walker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 03:21:01 AM »

If I may for a second, I think this is pure pettiness from BOTH sides. Who cares what kind of cancer it is? The fact is she has it and cancer is horrible. Now, you can go back and forth all day about this, but what good is that going to do? Perhaps we can ALL grow up a little and pray for her? Lets at least try to act some what mature.....

And SDAminister, your post is mind boggling and unbelievable, to use this thread to attack with that...So childish....

I don't post over here often anymore as I have no need too. But, come on people.....give the woman a break.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:17:54 AM by Alex L. Walker »
Alex L. Walker
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."~ Thomas Jefferson

truthseeker

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 05:42:51 PM »

it's a shame that asking for prayer for someone's tragedy evokes such irrelevent hostility.   very sad.

SDAminister

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 10:45:06 PM »

it's a shame that asking for prayer for someone's tragedy evokes such irrelevent hostility.   very sad.

We just wish that Mollie would accept Seventh-day Adventist teaching on health and not use chemotherapy.

"On one occasion Christ anointed the eyes of a blind man with clay and bade him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam.... He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.” John 9:7. The cure could be wrought only by the power of the Great Healer, yet Christ made use of the simple agencies of nature. While He did not give countenance to drug medication, He sanctioned the use of simple and natural remedies." MH 233

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 06:21:55 AM »

The same quote can be found in DA 824 where it is prefaced with these words: "In the Saviour's manner of healing there were lessons for His
disciples." And the chapter is entitled, "Go Teach All Nations," so it is all about how we are to minister in this world of sin after Calvary and Pentecost.

I do not agree with the tone of SDAminister's first post. And this is a sensitive time, when someone has terminal cancer. But if the cancer is indeed terminal, it does seem odd to me to put one's faith in "systemic treatment," hoping for "containment," while at the same time calling for fasting and prayer. If we seek God's blessing, we shouldn't simultaneously violate His expressed will, lest we fall into presumption.

It would then be a question of whether chemotherapy for terminal cancer is an exception to DA 824. Apparently, 3ABN isn't so sure that it is, or isn't so sure that their readers will think so. Otherwise, they would have said that Mollie was having "chemotherapy" rather than "systemic treatment."

childoftheking

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 02:04:31 PM »

Some doctors use traditonal chemotherapy - attacking the cancer by poisoning the malignant cells and unfortunately poisoning healthy cells. But there are other newer treatments which are not necessarily toxic in the traditional sense. Some cancer feeds on hormones to thrive and grow. Some men with prostate cancer are physicaly castrated surgically.  Some men choose not to be physically castrated but instead take medicines which shut down the production of hormones by the testes. Denied hormones, the cancer growth is slowed or the cancer shrinks at least for a time. In some men this treatment is enough to contain the cancer so that they die with cancer but not of cancer. They die of old age.

In females with breast cancer their cancer may feed and grow because of hormones and similarly the doctors may use treatments that prevent the cancer from using these hormones. There are other treatments which interfere with the pathways used by various cancers to grow or to spread. http://www.genome.jp/kegg/pathway/hsa/hsa05200.html

Danny's mother died from cancer and I believe she was encouraged to use non traditional treatment. Whether she followed it to the letter is questionable. Nevertheless her experience might cause those who observed the course of her illness and her death to be leery of alternative medicine. Just as others are leery of traditional medicine. Each cancer patient is a person with the privillege and responsibility of fighting the disease the best they can. Praying for you Mollie.

RBF

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 02:36:12 PM »

I rarely post, but this has hit me exceptionally hard.  Why are we publicly debating Mrs. Steenson's private choice of medical treatment?  Isn't there a forum category called "Healthy Choices." This is only a personal choice that she can make for herself.  You and I can't make that choice for her.  I recognize I'm not an administrator and I recognize Elder Pickle taught me in college many years ago.  I don't have any authority, yet could we please discuss our views of chemotherapy and natural remedies without judgment on somebody who needs our support, prayer, and love at this time?  It seems we are grownup enough to talk about the pros and cons without using her name or situation. 

I'm sorry for the pain she is suffering.  May God comfort her and guide the physicians and family and Mrs. Steenson in choosing what therapy is best for her at this time.

childoftheking

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 03:45:06 PM »

Whenever this comes up in whatever context, my concern is not only for the person who has been diagnosed but for those who may be diagnosed in the future and for their well being. I hope they will be educated enough to make good choices. I wish Mollie only the best. Her name was brought up by her husband and on the 3ABN website and by her many well wishers. She is a public figure. I mean her no disrespect by discussing what I have learned the hard way.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up