Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hal asks for prayer for Mollie's metastatic lung cancer.  (Read 18219 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Hal asks for prayer for Mollie's metastatic lung cancer.
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »

RBF,

Earlier today I made the very same recommendation to the one who raised the question of the propriety of the treatment chosen.

RBF

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 06:40:27 PM »

Whenever this comes up in whatever context, my concern is not only for the person who has been diagnosed but for those who may be diagnosed in the future and for their well being. I hope they will be educated enough to make good choices. I wish Mollie only the best. Her name was brought up by her husband and on the 3ABN website and by her many well wishers. She is a public figure. I mean her no disrespect by discussing what I have learned the hard way.

Please understand I am not trying to be harsh.  By nature, I'm a lurker.  I've read nearly everything posted on this forum and have only spoken a few times.  My issue is not in requesting prayer for her publicly as it has already been requested elsewhere publicly.  My issue is in the public judgment of her choice of treatment.  Let's not use her choice of treatment as an opportunity to criticize or vilify her or those for whom she works.  If we sincerely wish her well, pray.  If we aren't comfortable praying for her, keep silent and plead to God for your own soul to never face her trial.

I digress.  My emotions are tangled in a web.  I'm still in recovery from an emergency surgery.  I stand condemned in this very thread.  Please, we live in a world of sin which has left some of us with bodies more riddled with hereditary and cultivated health issues.  Let's lift each other up in prayer and believe the best in each other. 

childoftheking

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »

Praying that you will have healing of body and mind. Lord bless you.

SDAminister

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 09:33:01 AM »

Perhaps the saddest thing is that apparently those at 3ABN don't believe that God can heal Mollie. Why is that? President Jim Gilley repeated the doctors by saying "there is no cure". Is that accurate?
"And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if you will, you can make me clean." Matthew 8:2

Talk about handcuffing God! If they don't believe any kind of cure is possible, then what are they praying for?

--
I was taken to task for the tone of my first post on this topic. Maybe those concerns were valid. Maybe it was a knee-jerk reaction on my part (Although everything I said was truthful).
It's difficult though, you see. Because Mollie is one of the central figures in the scandals at 3ABN. To be honest, it's tough to feel compassion for her because I know how her actions have caused untold damage to the health, finances, familial relationships, careers of Pickle, Joy.

And yet, it's the call of the Christian to "...Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matt 5:44

And so, I pray for them that have done so.....

Healing starts with making oneself right with God, and one's fellow man. Perhaps this is what we should pray for Mollie.

RBF

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »

Perhaps the saddest thing is that apparently those at 3ABN don't believe that God can heal Mollie. Why is that? President Jim Gilley repeated the doctors by saying "there is no cure". Is that accurate?

I doubt that 3ABN/Jim Gilley is expressing disbelief in God's ability to heal her.  As to doctors?  They, quite likely, have exhausted their resources if they are unbelievers. 

It may not be God's will to heal her.  If so, showing her the face of Jesus and His everlasting love will help her to prepare to face death.  It is God who brings repentance and the necessary heart work to any of us. May God be her comfort in this trial.

Healing starts with making oneself right with God, and one's fellow man. Perhaps this is what we should pray for Mollie.

While I agree that healing takes place when one makes their lives right with God, on the same account, it begins before my action.  It is God working in and through you that enables that healing.  This isn't likely the place for me to expound, so I'll try to keep it brief.  God healed me fourteen months ago from what appeared to be MS.  It wasn't my making myself right with Him.  It was the work of the Holy Spirit drawing me.  He revealed Himself in a very personal way.  It was this that lead to repentance.  May it not only be true for Mrs. Steenson, but let it be true in our lives too. 

I appreciate your openness to this being difficult for you.  It is difficult.  Just remember..."The prayer of THE Righteous One avails much."  If He can pray for me, I can surely pray for her. 

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 03:55:46 PM »

Cancer can be cured through a special type of diet geared to allow the body to heal itself of cancer.

I know two people who were completely cured of prostate cancer through a special type of diet alone.  One of these two people tried the traditional chemo therapy and radiation treatment two different times, but decided on the special diet when told that he would need more intensive traditional treatment.  Instead of going back into remission, he was declared to be completely cancer free.

mfc10

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »

Any updates regarding Molly?
Thanks!
Maggie

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 08:32:50 PM »

I just tried to find out something, but wasn't able to. Sorry.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »

Any updates regarding Molly?
Thanks!
Maggie

I heard that Mollie has completed her treatments at Loma Linda and has returned home this week. The word is that the doctors are satisfied with the results so far. Although she returned to work for a few hours, her greater need is for rest and recovery. She continues to need our prayers.

daylily

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:52 AM »

Thank you for the update! I'm glad the news is good, at least for now.

mfc10

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »

Thanks for the update! Will keep her in my prayers.

daylily

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 10:36:27 AM »

Is there an update on Mollie now?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 03:38:45 PM »

Is there an update on Mollie now?

I don't have one. Wish I did. Someone could call 3ABN and ask.

daylily

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »

maybe someone will  :)

daylily

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2015, 03:09:41 PM »

I saw Mollie on 3ABN's Christmas special (I think that's what it was). She looks well and seemed to be doing fine.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up