Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back to the obelisk on Ellen Whites grave site  (Read 3866 times)

christian

Back to the obelisk on Ellen Whites grave site
« on: May 13, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »

Will someone help me? Recently I had a conversation with someone again about the obelisk on Ellen Whites grave site. At the end of the statement I was asked if it is an oversite on the White Estate part why has not the obelisk been removed since we as Adventist are aware of its meaning. Then I was reminded about the bible stories where the leaders were told to destroy the symbols of Baal...what should I tell them? Help!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:01:47 AM by christian »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Back to the obelisk on Ellen Whites grave site
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:52:44 AM »

The abomination of desolation in Mat. 24 was the idolatrous Roman standards planted in the holy ground around Jerusalem in 66 AD.

To what extent should we destroy every symbol that has at some point in the last 6000 years been associated with paganism? Should we destroy all flags?

The Bible speaks a lot about the idolatrous pagan groves. Should we destroy every man-made forest and orchard?

I'm just asking because I don't know for sure where to draw the line.

christian

Re: Back to the obelisk on Ellen Whites grave site
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:43:43 AM »

The abomination of desolation in Mat. 24 was the idolatrous Roman standards planted in the holy ground around Jerusalem in 66 AD.

To what extent should we destroy every symbol that has at some point in the last 6000 years been associated with paganism? Should we destroy all flags?

The Bible speaks a lot about the idolatrous pagan groves. Should we destroy every man-made forest and orchard?

I'm just asking because I don't know for sure where to draw the line.

Thanks for the response, however I could never answer the question with those statements. I wish I could come up with an answer that made sense because I believe the individuals to really be sincere. I suspect that I will have to leave this inquiry unanswered as for now, silence is golden sometimes. I know that if we knew as Adventist that other prominent leaders of other churches were burried with and obelisk on it we would use that as proof they followed a false religion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up