Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are any of you keeping the commandments?  (Read 3413 times)

christian

Are any of you keeping the commandments?
« on: August 28, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »

It is amazing to me the mass number of selfish, mean spirited people who think keeping the Sabbath will get them to heaven. We often chastise other people and other religions about not keeping the Sabbath when we don't keep many of the other nine, which means we don't keep the Sabbath. The bible says if you break one of the commandments you are guilty of breaking them all, and these are not my words. It remides me of certain republicans that play religion and speak against abortion while at the same time wanting to take all aid to the poor away under the pretense that they are all lazy and not hard workers like themselves.

These same suppose Christians and Sabbath keepers are deep into politics the self righteous whites are by enlarge anti Obama and the self righteous blacks will buy anything in the name of color when it comes to Obama. And in the name of Ellen G. White both sides justify their hatred and separation of the races when it comes to church. And the white Adventist laments Obama being President predicting obviously it is the end of time, knowing full well the time is not yet, for this gospel will be preached into all the world and then the end shall come. And at the same time both black and white leaders are worried more about their positions and power than about really showing forth the love of God. And I am sick of all the sermons being about everyone but the ones that it needs to be to, the leaders of the denomination that lead people astray and keep people separated along educational, financial and racial lines. But I know its going to be okay because they are the chosen and keep the sabbath, eesh.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:34:27 PM by christian »

Dedication

Re: Are any of you keeping the commandments?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:53:48 PM »

John 13:34   A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 
 13:35   By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Romans 5:13   For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. 
 5:14   For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 
 5:15   But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

1 Peter  3:8   Finally, have compassion one of another, love as brethren, be merciful, be courteous: 
 3:9   Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. 
 3:10   For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: 
 3:11   Let him shun evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and follow after it.

1 John 1:7   But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
2:1   My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 
 2:2   And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world. 
 2:3   And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 
 2:4   He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 
 2:5   But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 
 2:6   He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 

Be the change
you want to see
in the world

Pages: [1]   Go Up