Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: An attack upon the life of Linda Shelton  (Read 40527 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
An attack upon the life of Linda Shelton
« on: May 15, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »

An attack upon the life of Linda Shelton has taken place. The house where she was staying, in Florida, was broken into and damaged. The police were notified and investigated the break-in. Both the front door and one of the windows were damaged. There was also damage within the house. The house was dusted for finger prints. The police are taking this situation very seriously.

It appears that the reason behind the crime was not theft. It was actually an attempt upon Linda’s life. She was poisoned with a combination of substances including arsenic. She is currently under the care of a physician and her treatment and its cause are being documented. The police in Florida will receive a copy of all medical information. This incident has been ruled out as accidental and clearly appears to give proof of attempted murder. Without medical intervention the result could have been death.

On Linda’s behalf, I solicit your prayers for her recovery and protection.

Sister

Battle Creek

Re: An attack upon the life of Linda Shelton
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 01:41:26 PM »

One wonders who is behind that? Any SDA?
It is not always men who are best adapted to the successful management of a church. —Manuscript Releases 19:56.{PaM 36.2}

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:04:39 PM »

There is only one person who would benefit from Linda's death---both financially and by stopping the publication of her autobiography, which is not yet completed. That person is a Seventh-day Adventist. Is this person capable of hiring thugs to do the actual deeds? I believe so...

Sister

daylily

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 05:38:37 PM »

Sister, is there anything about this in the local news where it occurred?

I'm sorry to hear this. I will certainly be praying for her to make a full recovery and for justice to be done.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 07:01:05 PM »

Sounds mighty serious!

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 12:55:15 AM »

I have received information that a second attempt was made yesterday, at another location where Linda had fled for safety. The individual orchestrating these attacks upon Linda has become desperate and has much to gain from permanently silencing her. I am not at liberty to give more details, other than to confirm that again the means of choice was poison. Linda is a great believer in the power of intercessory prayer and requests your intercession upon her behalf. This is a very serious situation. Personally, I am praying for her healing physically, protection spiritually and that the Lord will place a hedge of angels around her. At this point prayer, faith in the Lord and publically sharing information concerning this situation is her only defense. Please uplift Linda in prayer and ask your local SDA community to join you in this intercessory campaign to bind evil and seek protection. I believe the Lord still has a work for Linda to do on this earth and that the Devil is using a wolf in sheep’s clothing to attempt to silence her permanently.

Sister

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 03:56:03 AM »

Was the 2nd attempt done by somebody she knows?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 03:59:36 AM »

You probably can't answer my question, however, by the wording of the 2nd attempt, that seems to be the case.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 04:40:34 AM »

Apparently, the missing transcript isn't so missing anymore!!! The amazing thing is, it is way too tame to justify these tactics!!! But, desperation has it's extremes...may JUSTICE prevail...a man of aged wisdom frequently tells me, as we compare notes on so many issues: "Gailon, now you know why we need a thousand years...!!!"

Get the book published!!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 05:11:05 AM »

You probably can't answer my question, however, by the wording of the 2nd attempt, that seems to be the case.

I am limited in what I can say, but I would not dispute your conclusion. If the question is, "Was the 2nd attempt, as well as the first attempt ordered from the same source.

Sister
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 05:18:30 AM by Sister »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »

I could do some surmising, but decided at this point in time to simply pray for her protection and that whoever is responsible for this, be it one or more individuals, be caught and prosecuted.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 08:46:43 AM »

Thug. It is not a term I am accustomed to using in conversation. It is defined as, “a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer”. Not a topic that is usually discussed in the Adventist community. For Linda, being a victim of thuggery has become a way of life since her divorce from Danny. She moved from the area where 3ABN was located because she felt her safety was in question. Her daughter lived in Springfield, so Linda moved there to be closer to her. She purchased a home thinking she could have a fresh start in a place where she could feel safe. Unfortunately, that would not be the case.

From the very beginning of her move to Springfield, Linda found her life again in jeopardy. She contacted the police on a number of occasions. They would come and investigate, confirming the crimes that were committed. Finally one officer took her aside and suggested she purchase a gun for her own protection.

Linda describes the reason she left Springfield, “I sold my home in Springfield because of the stalking, the break-ins, the damage to my home, the thefts and the harassment.  When people are apparently hired to do this, there is no boundaries as to what they might do. I cannot tell you the “hell” I have lived in because of all of this.  Nothing I have had was private or personal.  My phones are bugged.  My computer has been compromised.  My car has been followed.”

Linda has lived in this “hell” for nearly ten years. She left Illinois hoping that with the change of location, she would find safety and security. That was not the case. Instead, it escalated.

Sister

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 03:07:40 PM »

Is there any media news regarding this?

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 01:54:14 AM »

Is there any media news regarding this?

No. When the average person is stalked, had their homes broken into, petty theft, harressed,etc. it does not make the news. If it happens to a movie star, then it is news. For the rest of us, we are not news worthy individually. Read your local newspaper or watch your local tv news program. How many reports have you heard concerning a particular stalking victim in your area? Probably none. Unless they have been murdered.

The following information comes from The National Center for Victims of Crime:
http://www.victimsofcrime.org/docs/src/stalking-fact-sheet_english.pdf?sfvrsn=4

STALKING VICTIMIZATION

6.6 million people are stalked in one year in the United States

1 in 6 women and 1 in 19 men have experienced stalking victimization at some point during their lifetime in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.

The majority of stalking victims are stalked by someone they know.

46% of stalking victims experience at least one unwanted contact per week.

11% of stalking victims have been stalked for 5 years or more.

STALKING AND INTIMATE PARTNER FEMICIDE

54% of femicide (women)victims reported stalking to police before they were killed by their stalkers.

IMPACT OF STALKING ON VICTIMS

46% of stalking victims fear not knowing what will happen next.

29% of stalking victims fear the stalking will never stop.

1 in 7 stalking victims move as a result of their victimization.

The prevalence of anxiety, insomnia, social dysfunction, and severe depression is much higher among stalking victims than the general population, especially if the stalking involves being followed or having one’s property destroyed.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 04:01:16 AM »

Isn't two attempted murders also newsworthy?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up