Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: An attack upon the life of Linda Shelton  (Read 40631 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Re: An attack upon the life of Linda Shelton
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 05:55:05 AM »

Isn't two attempted murders also newsworthy?

The first attempted murder was not reported at the same time as the break-in. Medical records will be sent to the police in Florida. The second attempt has taken place in another country. So many crimes, including murder are committed and never make it into the news.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 08:08:30 AM »

Get the book published!!! It should help to clarify motive and suspects!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

Battle Creek

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 10:13:27 AM »

Is there any media news regarding this?

No. When the average person is stalked, had their homes broken into, petty theft, harressed,etc. it does not make the news. If it happens to a movie star, then it is news. For the rest of us, we are not news worthy individually. Read your local newspaper or watch your local tv news program. How many reports have you heard concerning a particular stalking victim in your area? Probably none. Unless they have been murdered.

The following information comes from The National Center for Victims of Crime:
http://www.victimsofcrime.org/docs/src/stalking-fact-sheet_english.pdf?sfvrsn=4

STALKING VICTIMIZATION

6.6 million people are stalked in one year in the United States

1 in 6 women and 1 in 19 men have experienced stalking victimization at some point during their lifetime in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.

The majority of stalking victims are stalked by someone they know.

46% of stalking victims experience at least one unwanted contact per week.

11% of stalking victims have been stalked for 5 years or more.

STALKING AND INTIMATE PARTNER FEMICIDE

54% of femicide (women)victims reported stalking to police before they were killed by their stalkers.

IMPACT OF STALKING ON VICTIMS

46% of stalking victims fear not knowing what will happen next.

29% of stalking victims fear the stalking will never stop.

1 in 7 stalking victims move as a result of their victimization.

The prevalence of anxiety, insomnia, social dysfunction, and severe depression is much higher among stalking victims than the general population, especially if the stalking involves being followed or having one’s property destroyed.

An indication there are plenty of thugs available to do the job. So even a SDA with enough funds available would have no trouble finding someone to do the job.
It is not always men who are best adapted to the successful management of a church. —Manuscript Releases 19:56.{PaM 36.2}

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »

Isn't two attempted murders also newsworthy?

The first attempted murder was not reported at the same time as the break-in. Medical records will be sent to the police in Florida. The second attempt has taken place in another country. So many crimes, including murder are committed and never make it into the news.
I thought the 2nd attempt had also occurred in Florida.

Battle Creek

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »

Appears like someone committed to the crime
It is not always men who are best adapted to the successful management of a church. —Manuscript Releases 19:56.{PaM 36.2}

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 08:40:19 AM »

Is there any media news regarding this?

No. When the average person is stalked, had their homes broken into, petty theft, harressed,etc. it does not make the news. If it happens to a movie star, then it is news. For the rest of us, we are not news worthy individually. Read your local newspaper or watch your local tv news program. How many reports have you heard concerning a particular stalking victim in your area? Probably none. Unless they have been murdered.

The following information comes from The National Center for Victims of Crime:
http://www.victimsofcrime.org/docs/src/stalking-fact-sheet_english.pdf?sfvrsn=4

STALKING VICTIMIZATION

6.6 million people are stalked in one year in the United States

1 in 6 women and 1 in 19 men have experienced stalking victimization at some point during their lifetime in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.

The majority of stalking victims are stalked by someone they know.

46% of stalking victims experience at least one unwanted contact per week.

11% of stalking victims have been stalked for 5 years or more.

STALKING AND INTIMATE PARTNER FEMICIDE

54% of femicide (women)victims reported stalking to police before they were killed by their stalkers.

IMPACT OF STALKING ON VICTIMS

46% of stalking victims fear not knowing what will happen next.

29% of stalking victims fear the stalking will never stop.

1 in 7 stalking victims move as a result of their victimization.

The prevalence of anxiety, insomnia, social dysfunction, and severe depression is much higher among stalking victims than the general population, especially if the stalking involves being followed or having one’s property destroyed.

An indication there are plenty of thugs available to do the job. So even a SDA with enough funds available would have no trouble finding someone to do the job.

We Adventists, as a group, appear to be very naive regarding the actions that another church member is capable of taking. We think because someone goes to church regularly, holds a responsible leadership role or is even the head of a ministry; the assumption can be made that their motives and actions are pure. Unfortunately that is not always the case. We live in the time of the church of Laodicea. The wheat grows together with the tares. There are wolves in sheep clothing. Public image and private actions can totally contradict one another.

There are plenty of thugs available. An SDA, who is willing to have some one stalked and finally murdered, would have no trouble finding someone to do the job. And it probably costs much less than we would imagine. Battle Creek, this is a wicked world.

Jesus said: “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’” Matthew 7:21-23

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 04:08:41 PM »

During the time that the Black SDA Forum was functioning I kept copies of posts that had interesting informtion. With recent events in Linda's life and the thuging that has gone on for almost ten years I remembered something Johann has posted.

Black SDA Website
Date Thread Began: Feb 15 2007, 12:18 AM
Thread: Letter From Linda Shelton @ Www.lindashelton.org - Feb. '07, Linda Shelton demands the evidence be made public

QUOTE (watchbird @ Mar 1 2007, 03:26 PM):

....“And the final question..... Doesn't it strike you as strange that he kept her under surveillance even AFTER the divorce was final?”

Poster: Johann
Date: Mar 1 2007, 03:24 PM
Post Number: 145

It takes a lot of surveillance to attempt to cover one's tracks. Danny once told me that his friend, Garvin McNeilus would never desert him, regardless of what he'd do. He claimed that is true friendship. Danny also told me that Garvin would pay for Private Investigators as long as Linda is alive. What does he need that for since he divorced her?

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 02:20:22 AM »

In preparation for Linda’s forth coming book, Johann Thorvaldsson shared the following recollections. These incidents took place during the time of the 2004 3ABN camp meeting.  Johann and Arild Abrahamsen (the Norwegian doctor who treated Linda’s son) had traveled together and were staying together in a hotel near 3ABN. The reason for their visit? To testify to the 3ABN board about the false accusations concerning Linda’s alleged infidelity. I will let Johann’s words speak for themself concerning Danny's use of surveillance.
Sister

Sabbath morning at breakfast I noticed a man at another table paying eager attention to all that Arild and I were doing. I had a notion who he was, but I did not quite realize how well he was doing his job. Since we were close to Carbondale we decided to take a look at the place where Danny planned on keeping his wife in seclusion until the divorce was finished.

Of course Arild knew about the false accusations about an affair with Linda, and that Danny was using this as an excuse to get rid of Linda. So Arild promised Linda he would go anywhere to testify in her behalf to save her marriage. And since I was present and could account for what I knew  happened, I was to come along. So we were there because of Linda.

Linda had no objections to us taking a ride to Springfield, where she was staying with her daughter, since we were not allowed to attend the 3ABN camp meeting at Thompsonville. It was a nice sunny Sabbath afternoon, so why not take a walk together in the Abraham Lincoln Park? As we walked through the park named after this President I was reminded of his biography I read already when I was a child. I thought of this great lawyer in Springfield who was always ready to help the underdog. How would he have helped Linda? Danny had seen to it that hardly any friend of hers dared say a word in her behalf. She had hardly anyone to help her against this Adventist bastion which was crushing her. Someone had to do it, but why were we among the few? Did no one else have the courage? Did everyone else fear for his life against the mighty Danny Shelton. Before long we would also feel the crush of Danny’s anger.

Linda heard her cell phone ringing. Yes, it was her husband. Did he want to help his wife? Was he finally coming to her aid? No. He had a different motive.

Danny told Linda where she was, right there in the Abraham Lincoln Park in Springfield, and he told her what dress she was wearing. He told her he already had pictures of her walk there together with Arild Abrahamsen. He had to admit that Johann Thorvaldsson was there too. Now we knew why a car had been parked half hidden between the trees close to our car. It was used to spy on Linda with cameras and electronic equipment to transmit pictures and information to Danny Shelton. They had been hiding behind trees and bushes as they trailed us around the park.

We realized Danny had told us the truth when he indicated that a wealthy friend of his had promised him he would provide secret spies trailing Linda for the rest of her life, if that was his desire. Danny was proud of giving us the proof, and he confirmed it also in an e-mail to me. I questioned why in the world he wanted such surveillance if it was his attention to save his marriage? Normally such is only done if one wants to get evidence for a divorce, and that seemed to be just what Danny wanted - a divorce, and nothing else, in spite of how he tried to hide it by his request for prayer of Mark Finlay for her return at the camp meeting we had attended.
When I confronted Danny with this in my e-mail to him, he partly evaded the question in his responses, and yet he told me that since God could use murderers and other evil men like Moses and David, then God could also use him in spite of his faults. So was he just counting on mercy and forgiveness to provide a way of escape for his treatment of Linda?

There was a lot of work to be done after sundown. Linda had some of her material to be sent to the board ready, since she was not allowed to attend the meeting in person, but not all of it. She suddenly discovered that her laptop was not functioning as it should, so what could she do? It so happened that I had in my case a CD with a backup word processor which could be transferred to Linda's laptop, but it was time consuming. Several hours passed by. Her document had to be sent by e-mail to a recipient at 3ABN, printed out and distributed to each of the members of the board of directors who had their meeting where the dismissal of Linda weighed heavy on the agenda. We were prevented from appearing in person because Danny threatened to have us arrested if we showed up.

Later Dr. Walter Thompson claimed that we could have come if we had insisted. It was kind of late to find that out. We trusted that the document provided by Linda would make the difference. Instead Danny used his documents, according to what he told me later. He had pictures that could easily be modified, taken of Linda together with Arild which did not show that we were three together. Some were taken at night as Arild was coming out of the building in the early hours of morning without showing that I was there too, and that it had taken us this long to get Linda's laptop ready to process the documents required for the board meeting.

When I presented these facts to a friend who was on the 3ABN board he quietly dismissed himself as a member.

While riding in Linda's car I noticed a car following us on the freeway, so Linda slowed down and almost stopped. That car passed and we saw it disappearing on the next exit. Then Linda's cell phone rang, and again it was Danny telling us how smart his spies were. Even though one had to leave the freeway for a while, he told us, there were two others farther behind who would keep trailing us.

Battle Creek

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 05:08:58 AM »

Linda Shelton used four bottles of activated charcoal to save her life from the arsenic poison. I understand the Florida police regard this as a major crime and show great concern. Seems like they have a major suspect since there would not be many people interested in taking her life.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 06:01:30 AM »

Linda Shelton used four bottles of activated charcoal to save her life from the arsenic poison. I understand the Florida police regard this as a major crime and show great concern. Seems like they have a major suspect since there would not be many people interested in taking her life.

I can confirm that her case is no longer considered as only breaking and entering and has been turned over to the Major Crimes section of the police department. There has been another attempt to poison her.

Everyone, please get the information out about the attacks on Linda Shelton's life and ask everyone you know to support her in prayer.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 06:28:27 AM »

I, too, can confirm that the incident has been quickly escalated within Citrus County law enforcement.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 08:27:41 AM »

During the time that the Black SDA Forum was functioning I kept copies of posts that had interesting informtion. With recent events in Linda's life and the thuging that has gone on for almost ten years I remembered something Johann has posted.

Black SDA Website
Date Thread Began: Feb 15 2007, 12:18 AM
Thread: Letter From Linda Shelton @ Www.lindashelton.org - Feb. '07, Linda Shelton demands the evidence be made public

QUOTE (watchbird @ Mar 1 2007, 03:26 PM):

....“And the final question..... Doesn't it strike you as strange that he kept her under surveillance even AFTER the divorce was final?”

Poster: Johann
Date: Mar 1 2007, 03:24 PM
Post Number: 145

It takes a lot of surveillance to attempt to cover one's tracks. Danny once told me that his friend, Garvin McNeilus would never desert him, regardless of what he'd do. He claimed that is true friendship. Danny also told me that Garvin would pay for Private Investigators as long as Linda is alive. What does he need that for since he divorced her?

FYI Sister, because of the litigation, we kept an entire navigable archive of 3ABN-related postings at BlackSDA, ClubAdventist, MaritimeSDA, and a few others.

As far as who pays for what, seems I remember that many thought McKee was footing the bill for the jet, but then Gailon at some point believed that to be false information. Our understanding was that Garwin, Stan Smith, and May Chung resigned in protest when Danny was not voted off the board in May 2008. Would he be paying for any such thing today?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:31:46 AM by Bob Pickle »

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 08:35:34 AM »

I can confirm that her case is no longer considered as only breaking and entering and has been turned over to the Major Crimes section of the police department. There has been another attempt to poison her.

Everyone, please get the information out about the attacks on Linda Shelton's life and ask everyone you know to support her in prayer.

A third attempt? How does anyone attempt to poison the same person three times in such a short time, if they are reasonably independent? Can you share anything more?

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 10:28:30 AM »

A third attempt? How does anyone attempt to poison the same person three times in such a short time, if they are reasonably independent? Can you share anything more?

Bob, under the circumstances it is not wise for me to say too much. People can be exposed to arsenic by inhaling it, by consuming contaminated foods, water, or beverages, or by skin contact. For instance, you have a favorite pair of sneakers that you wear without socks. All someone would need to do is go into your closet when no one is there, sufficently contaminate the inside of only one of your shoes with arsenic. The next day you go on an outing for a number of hours wearing those sneakers. The result, poisoning.

childoftheking

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 12:22:39 PM »

So Sister, are you saying that multiple doses of poison which have been  administered to a victim could be the result of one break in during which more than one item was contaminated?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up