Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danny Shelton's current status at 3ABN  (Read 8935 times)

dburt

Danny Shelton's current status at 3ABN
« on: September 28, 2014, 07:35:18 PM »

Yesterday (9-27-14) after Doug Batchelor's evening sermon at 3ABN's fall camp meeting, the major players at 3ABN came out on stage with Danny Shelton and he announced a sort of afterglow service and that 3ABN would continue on the air. I noticed a red haired lady that stood quietly behind Danny and never spoke or stood with anyone else, even though most of the major folks at 3ABN stood with their spouses.
Is that lady an employee at 3ABN, or some sort of friend of Danny's?
I have not kept up with 3ABN and Danny's situation since I learned of his purchase of a new Corvette, his monthly income from the ministry that was revealed in court documents, and that 3ABN kept charted/leased private jets for transportation for Danny and some of the inner circle. I could see no need to support a ministry that was doing so well.
Now that Pastor Jim Gilley is heading things up I hope some of the financial and relational 'issues' that Danny seems to gravitate to have faded into the past. But until he is out of the picture entirely, I and many other folks I know would not support 3ABN or encourage others to do so based on Danny's very questionable past history.
Are we justified in this position, or is there more to the story that I am unaware of?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: Danny Shelton's current status at 3ABN
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:28:43 AM »

dburt,

Jim Gilley has been at the "reins" since around the fall of 2007. Yet the Form 990's are still showing that Danny is getting some perks. For example, as brought out at http://www.adventtalk.com/forums/index.php/topic,2595.0.html the 2011 Form 990 shows that 3ABN paid Danny $40,000 beyond his salary for music CD duplication.

But in 2012, 3ABN paid Danny $153,304 beyond his salary for "purchase of music CD." See http://www.save-3abn.com/media/3abn-form-990-2012-irs.pdf#Page=29

What's your thoughts on this info?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 04:18:18 AM »

Page 7 of the 2012 Form 990 lists the directors and key employees. Danny's salary tops them all at $74,522. Thus, the $153,304 they gave him for "purchase of music CD" was more than twice his salary.

Page 28 says that 3ABN gave Danny a loan of $926, which seems odd. Why would he need to get a loan for $926 if he's receiving a total of $227,826 for the year?

dburt, back to your main question: If it's business as usual, at least somewhat, at 3ABN, where there's these creative ways to funnel more money into Danny's pockets, I don't see how there are any plans on his being out of the picture entirely anytime soon.

dburt

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 02:22:19 PM »

Yes, it does appear it is business as usual for Mr. Shelton. Sad, I thought that 3ABN was a ministry based on sacrifice- but it appears the only ones sacrificing are the 'little old ladies' who really have nothing much to give who probably make up most of the donor base. The board and Jim Gilley need to send 'ole Daniel packing and pay him a 'sacrificial' wage, maby that would bring him back into line with reality.
I personally know an elderly couple who gave 3ABN $5K that they really could not afford to give, but they wanted to help finish the work and were willing to sacrifice. I even helped them gather up the funds and sent the check in for them. I could not, nor would not recommend that to anyone today!

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 03:08:54 PM »

I feel much the same. I used to promote 3ABN on billboards and in the newspaper, and some of the copy for that was used in our defense in 3ABN's lawsuit against us, at least provided to the other side in discovery. I can't do that anymore, unless things change.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 04:55:06 PM »

Are you saying that Danny Shelton still earns more than the 3ABN President, Jim Gilley?  :dunno:

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 04:32:26 AM »

Has there ever been a time when Danny did not make more than Jim Gilley? I don't know for sure, but I think his reported salary, not including book or CD deals, does exceed what Jim Gilley is paid. For 2012, Danny was paid nearly $4,800 more than Jim Gilley.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 09:50:28 AM »

I guess it's because Jim Gilley doesn't sing and doesn't have any CD deals?  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up