Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Linda Shelton's Book  (Read 27353 times)

daylily

Re: Linda Shelton's Book
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 04:46:36 PM »

Oops!

Thank you Snoopy!

childoftheking

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 07:00:56 AM »

Linda has posted on facebook that the book is ready. Those who have ordered should recieve theirs shortly. One person has already recieved their rather large shipment.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 09:15:04 AM »

Oops!

Thank you Snoopy!

You are very welcome!  I pledge to do all I can to get the word out!!

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 09:25:04 AM »

This from Linda Shelton today on Facebook:

~~~~~~~~~~~

One Adventist Bookstore Manager writes, "I've had three individuals call me this week to thank me for 'having the courage' to sell your book in an ABC. I've been greatly encouraged by that. In ABC ministry, people complain often and loudly. It is extremely rare for a customer to call with encouragement regarding a specific book. Your book is hitting a great big nerve. The book is creating quite a stir, which I'm sure is no surprise to either of us. I'm sensing a groundswell that could lead to pressure on leadership in the church to make some changes... I certainly hope so..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally, I think every Adventist Book Store should be carrying this book.  It is high time the Adventist public learns the other side of this story.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2016, 09:55:14 AM »

Linda Shelton also posted the following on Facebook:

Wow! I am getting reports that certain bookstores are having problems keeping "Adventures in Forgiveness" on the shelves. Sales are booming! To God be the glory! He can use the humblest of testimonies! Praise Him!

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 05:39:45 PM »

Did anybody read the following over at Facebook by Hal Steenson in response to Linda's book?

“Dead Light”

A dead star may continue to deceptively send out light for many years but it is a dead light without a source. If you look at the stars at night, you may actually see the light from stars that burned out many years ago. Then all of a sudden the light stops and you realize that is was false light coming from a star that had burned out.

However, if that star does not nova or explode completely, this is not where it ends. The star begins to enfold into itself. It becomes very dense, dark and deceptive while creating such an enormous magnetic pull that anything or anyone that comes close will be sucked in and destroyed. The once shinning star becomes a not to be trusted or approached “Black Hole.”

There are black hole people who call themselves Christians, who once shone brightly for God and His Ministries that have lost their light. Now, everything they are and do is based on deception. Weak Christians that have become disillusioned will be snared and destroyed by their lies and fraud.

These black hole people cannot be corrected or instructed with the Word of God because they don’t understand it and are unable to absorb it. Eventually their dead light will end and the true light of God will overtake all their darkness.
John 1:5 The Light shines on in the darkness, and the darkness did not understand it or overpower it or appropriate it or absorb it and is unreceptive to it.

If you know anyone like this, don’t listen to anything they say or write, just stay away from them because a black hole does not care who or what it destroys; it just cares about itself.

I've been there for 36 years, I know the truth.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 05:43:18 PM »

This was also posted over at Facebook by Jessica Medori:

Yes, the truth... Something so sought after; people often forget that it always comes out.

The 'dead light'... Yes, Danny Shelton fits that. His cover up is catching fire... He can't hide anymore. I'm wary of 3ABN as a whole now. If the president/CEO refuses to come forward and be transparent - that's a problem. That's a red flag. 🚩Who else is corrupt in that organization?

If Danny Shelton and 3ABN refuse to be transparent about this issue I'm calling bluff on everyone's "I know the truth" claims...

All I've read from 3abn and people such as yourself are beat around the bush conversations about who knows the truth. Not one of you will attack the situation head on.

I won't believe Danny Shelton until he stops being so "shady" and provides a true paternity test that includes a positive identification of Trinity.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 05:51:25 PM »

Linda Shelton also posted this at Facebook in response to the reading of her book:

Here is an excerpt of a letter I recently received from "C" in California: "You probably won't remember me because you have met so many people in your years of ministry... I want to apologize for neglecting you these past 11 years. I just read your book. Jim --- loaned it to me. He knew that I was a strong supporter of 3ABN and that I believed all the things DS said about you. Reading your testimony, I now know that Danny lied and you were innocent. I was destroyed when the news came out and wondered, 'how can this be?' I knew there had to be more to the story, but Danny talked to me in Oregon at one of the rallies. He told me word for word what you are saying in your book. I had faith in him as a godly man. Melody was sitting next to him at lunch. He had asked me and my husband to have lunch with him. He also told us that DM (Melody's husband) was a pedophile and that he and Melody were separated because of his abuse of their children. She later married. I know that you have been falsely accused and I want to do anything in my power to try to clear your name. I am totally disgusted that so many of the people who work at 3ABN have sided with DS to protect their jobs... God bless you and protect you from this evil."

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 05:56:53 PM »

Another interesting post at Facebook, this time by Teresa Aldridge Thompson:

Ultimately forgiveness has to take place, yes. However.... That is what is wrong in our society now. Even the highest regarded conservative Christian leaders bury their heads in the sand because of greed of power, money, prestige. Don't you understand it is NOT for the greater good for Linda to continue to be silent about all this. I can't even imagine keeping my sanity during the things she has endured. Danny and the leaders at 3ABN have allowed evil to overtake them. Wonderful things have happened as a result of this outreach, no doubt. But to ignore and overlook the words and actions of those purposely destroying her life - well I fear that is the same as agreeing with what was done. Linda's goal doesn't appear to be revenge. She knows she is not alone in her experience and wishes to help others. As far as I am concerned Danny Shelton and his ways do not represent me as an SDA Christian and it is unfortunate that I no longer feel I can, in good conscience, support his ministry. What a tragedy for the SDA faith - to allow one man to have so much power that he manages to ruin the very ministry God entrusted to he and Linda to begin with. I can only imagine the Holy angels in Heaven felt similar when Lucifer and his bunch rebeled. I, as an SDA feel betrayed. How do you imagine Linda feels and has endured all this? No, ignoring, sweeping under the rug, pretending, and telling Linda to move on....is the same as accepting and agreeing with the words, tactics, and evil that is taking place. She must not hide and remain silent. Jesus did not remain silent with the wrong doing at the temple.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »

Linda's book is really opening people's eyes.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 06:03:50 PM »

This was posted by Valerie Mellor at Facebook:

My very own mother saw the book and said, " they said she had an affair." I told her she needed to read the book and then decide whom she will believe. She is now livid that she was lied to. How is it that people will lie for one person in a ministry? They are as guilty as he. My belief is that there are people who are as, or more, capable of carrying on the duties of 3ABN than DS. When such indiscretions arise these types should no longer be at the top of the ladder, continuing on their merry way. It does nothing but hurt an otherwise good ministry.

daylily

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2016, 04:35:38 AM »

I am about halfway through Linda's book. I learned more about her life before 3ABN and and am now in the part that I had known about from a first-hand source.

daylily

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2016, 03:01:00 AM »

I finished the book yesterday. All the things she said that have happened to her since the separation are just bizarre! It is difficult to even believe. Is this all really true? I just don't know what to think! And yet I know, based on the testimony of a person who was there during the main part of it, that what she says about all that is true.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2016, 05:57:20 AM »

It is true. Sad, but true.

daylily

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2016, 10:19:37 AM »

But why? I'm sure it costs a lot of money to hire people to do all those things and for what purpose? I don't understand it at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up