Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linda Shelton's Book  (Read 27350 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: Linda Shelton's Book
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2016, 03:53:12 PM »

Is the reading of this book affecting things negatively at 3ABN in relation to donations, etc.???

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 03:40:12 PM »

Question: When is a secret no longer a secret?
Answer: When the information is known by more than one person.

The thick covering of dust on past occurrences in “Little Egypt” is being disturbed. Persons in a position of authority have received a copy of Linda’s book from a concerned reader. As is often the case, perpetrators — of a certain nature — tend to be repeat offenders. There is a pattern in their actions. Their past behaviors are indicative of their current and future transgressions. Human nature is more predictable than most of us realize.

Too often a victim blames themselves for their victimization.  They wonder what they should have done differently to escape the notice of their predator. They may even come to the false conclusion that they are somehow responsible for what has occurred.  When the victim is a young person, this may cause ramifications that will effect them negatively for the rest of their lives. There is a sense of shame they carry that often keeps them silent, when actually the shame belongs not to them, but to the perpetrator of the crime against them.

Through overconfidence, someone believes that they have covered all their tracks. That their secrets are safe and securely hidden away. But they have forgotten that once more than one person has knowledge of wrong doing, it is no longer a secret. When the perpetrator is known to the victim, it is no longer a secret. Eventually someone in a position of authority could learn the facts. The more victims, the more witnesses. Ask Tommy Shelton, whose secrets finally became public, and currently resides behind bars, “Tommy, are there really any secrets?” Will someone else soon share Tommy’s fate?

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 08:23:37 AM »

It is interesting, and probably no coincidence, that Linda Shelton is now experiencing problems with her Facebook account.  The following are recent Facebook posts she and others have made detailing some recent events:

~~~~~~~~~~~

On April 18, Linda posted this:

Just as an update, Facebook notified me that there was a 'foreign device' linked to my Facebook account. They could tell me even the tower that the device was using to tap into my account. Since I am away from home just now, this told me of a 'thug' in my general vicinity. Thank you Facebook...and good job! Hopefully the problem can be resolved soon...with the Lord's help.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Also on April 18, one of Linda's Facebook friends posted this in response:

Just FYI to all of you - they are creating profiles and trying to add Linda's friends - at least those with high profile names. A day after she accepted my friend request I got a request from a lady that had many of you as friends - said she was a volunteer at 3ABN but - I don't have friends on 3ABN staff and this volunteer had big ear rings on. 😀 I now wish I had kept a screen shot of that name - I have since had two other requests - both from places we have lived in the past but obviously purposely created to get me to accept their request. This same thing has happened to someone else after adding Linda. Watch carefully your friend requests.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Linda posted this update later on April 18:

I detail in my book how intruders virtually made my website email of non-effect. I learned that if one is able to 'crack' your password they can have a direct connection through their phone and manipulate the entire site. I am noticing problems on my Facebook. A couple of weeks ago one sent me a copy of an unflattering message she received from someone at 3ABN. This arrived with no previous contact with this person. Ruth wrote to me today saying, "I had received your messages in the night when I was awake and then early this AM I had a notice that I would no longer be seeing your messages, but we would still be friends." Folks, if you receive a notice similar to this, please let me know. Also, if you see your posts deleted or if you receive a strange post with my name attached to it, please let me know. Others have stated these things have occurred. I will make a record and submit it to Facebook. THANKS VERY MUCH!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, April 19, another of Linda's Facebook friends responded with this:

Just to think of all of those people donating $$ to spread the message to the world before it is too late, that this is where part of the money is going. There are sure evil people in this world. Unbelievable. Praying for you Linda!

~~~~~~~~~~~

How very, very sad.  I think every person associated with 3ABN, INCLUDING EVERY BOARD MEMBER, needs a copy of Linda's book.  When will this evil stop?  When will 3ABN supporters figure out what they are really supporting?  It is time to get the word out!!

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 09:07:35 AM »

It is also interesting to note that a guy out of Queens, New York and the owner of a pro-3ABN website has extensive IT experience!!!  Things that make you go hhmm....

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 09:04:42 PM »

This review is from: Adventures in Forgiveness: an autobiography (Kindle Edition) (5 stars)

Wonderful book telling the story of deception and corruption at the top of 3ABN. Linda and Danny were married when he accused her of spiritual adultery and divorced her.

Linda's telling of the evil acts perpetrated on her is frightening and sobering. Her commitment to God and complete forgiveness are inspiring.

daylily

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 02:31:31 AM »

I wonder if any of the Board members have read the book. I can't imagine any of them confronting Danny with the information unless there are some different ones on the board now than when this all happened.

daylily

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2016, 02:42:42 AM »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 01:57:34 PM »

Letter to Linda posted by Linda over at Facebook:

"Dear Linda, I am so very sorry you have had to go through so much trouble for so many years. I just had to tell you that. I can empathize with you to a certain degree, but absolutely nothing with which you have had and continue to go through. I too was married to a SDA pastor and after 25 years of marriage, he totally changed after getting involved with someone else and falling into the trap of adultery. Isn't it sad how sin and selfishness changes a person? It's been 13 years now since we've been divorced.

During the time you felt so lonely and completely alone, I would have loved to have been your best friend, because you seem to be a very kind, genuine, loving person... Even if it isn't popular to do so, I believe that truth is more important than anything else, such as status, position, fame, etc. If I never meet you in person here on this earth I know we will be dear friends in heaven.

...I did read your book... I never had 3ABN on television and never met you at any church event, so I never really knew you until I read your book. Everytime I would open it I would pray to God for discernment and conviction of truth. After all, anybody could write a book and it could be full of lies. But God gave me peace that only He can give. Praise be to our God, He has preserved you with your special, mighty guardian angel to finally expose the real truth. A wise person once said, "If God doesn't want me dead, there's nothing anybody can do to kill me." And now that I know a bit of your heart through your book, I pray for you for protection and comfort, and for the vindication of truth... In closing, my heart goes out to you. From sister to sister, I send my love and a great big hug! Remember, we are survivors in the Lord..." (from Marilyn in Washington, May 23, 2016)

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 10:42:25 PM »

I read the book to a person that his family contributed much and he has lost most of his sight but wanted to hear the story. It was deep read  and back and forth with all the sequences of timing out loud and being a school teacher we both agreed this book presented very many questions. But it remains that DS has facts that cannot be disputed. From the time of their marriage to the end was many years that the lies and actions of Danny were known to Linda. And Yet she stayed. (?) The justifications of each chapter presented by other authors seems to set justification in preparing each horrible episode to the very fact of staying. I do hope Linda gets compensated for her part of work, but its hard for me to understand the mission when her young children were at stake with this man early on and standing beside him telling his lies that she claims in front of the world. That would happen one time only to my embarrassment. Evidently the book will not end yet.

Actually what I have seen now, I honestly don't know how all this is allowed to go on in front of the whole world at 3abn and some of our evangelists join right in there. I mentioned before "one might be blessed to be out of that situation." I do really have my own opinion but that does not matter as each will draw their own conclusion that read the book. My interest in reading is because I followed all the court hearings from the beginning.. because of money donated.  Linda does have beautiful talent. I wish her well.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up