Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linda's autobiography available on Amazon  (Read 14341 times)

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
Linda's autobiography available on Amazon
« on: February 04, 2016, 07:31:46 PM »

I hope this forum is not completely dead. Things are livening up with Linda's book being more widely available. If you haven't already done so, pick up your own copy. In the US, you can get it in Paperback as well as digital format. In the rest of the world, Kindle format is most practical. You can click through the link on the Facebook page of Sabbath School Net: https://www.facebook.com/SabbathSchool.net/posts/1114540098556032 And when you're there, check out the reviews and comments. John Lomacang himself deemed it necessary to post a long comment under a negative review to slander Linda in public.

(I just checked, and it seems that you can see the post without being a Facebook member. If  you can't, reply here, and I'll put up another link.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:35:45 PM by inga »
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Re: Linda's autobiography available on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 12:39:31 AM »

John Lomacang's Comment has been removed from the Reviews of Linda's book on Amazon.com. But here is a copy of a reply a retired pastor made concerning Lomacang's comment.

Amazon Customer says:  (February 4, 2016)

As a retired pastor myself, I see John Lomacang's comment here as a serious breach of pastoral ethics. Parishioners have a right to expect that personal concerns that they voice to their pastor remain confidential. Ethical pastors uphold confidentiality, as do lawyers, doctors and psychologists.

On the other hand, this comment appears to provide corroboration of Linda's observation of her pastor's lack of pastoral care and his taking Danny's side against her.

If Linda had, indeed, been guilty of a moral failing, it would have been her pastor's responsibility to counsel her in the matter. But even in this highly condemning comment, Pastor Lomacang can not come up with anything more evil than Linda's telephone conversations with the doctor who was treating her son. He falsely represents Linda's phone conversations with her son's doctor as "being with the doctor" and thus hints at an illicit romantic relationship - without any credible evidence. (The times Linda was supposedly "with the doctor" they were both on different continents. Another time, Brenda Walsh, her "friend" was with her in Norway. Other times, Johann Thorvaldsson, 3ABN representative for Europe, and/or his late wife Irmgard was just as much "with her" as was "the doctor.")

How many women reading this could be condemned in a similar manner for "being with the doctor"? Or maybe "with the lawyer" or "with the counselor." (Keep in mind that relations with counselors are far more intimate than consultations regarding a son's treatment are likely to be.)

Is it possible that Danny Shelton was far more "with" another woman than Linda ever was "with the doctor"? There appears to be far more evidence for Danny's being "with" a woman than for Linda being "with" the doctor. Was the pastor complicit in drawing attention away from Danny's behavior by falsely accusing Linda?

Pastor Lomacang's taking Danny's side in asking her to, in effect, discontinue treatment of her son's self-injurious trajectory of behaviors appears to demonstrate that this pastor had other interests than his parishioner's welfare in mind. (Could the fact that 3ABN paid half his salary have anything to do with it? Could the fact that Danny had the power to make or break his music career have anything to do with it?) More appropriate behavior from a pastor would have been to counsel Danny to be "with" his wife Linda in seeking to rescue her son from a downward spiral. He could have reminded Danny that "Love thinks no evil," and that when there was occasion to see the doctor, Danny should go "with" his wife, could he not?

What a sad example of pastoral failure!

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 02:26:26 PM »

John Lomacang's Comment has been removed from the Reviews of Linda's book on Amazon.com. But here is a copy of a reply a retired pastor made concerning Lomacang's comment.
It's unfortunate that a copy of what he posted there wasn't secured before it was removed.

Perhaps Linda, or somebody else, saved a copy of it before it was removed?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 02:32:16 PM »

This was also posted there:

Linda Shelton is STILL being allegedly harassed (harassed is too nice of a word for it) by shills and thugs ...
ByAmazon Customeron February 4, 2016
Format: Paperback

A captivating page turner and very well written. A Must Read! Linda Shelton is STILL being allegedly harassed (harassed is too nice of a word for it) by shills and thugs and we see on the negative comments. I haven't found the comment (I see two were removed or deleted) written by John Lomacang but I have read some others comments about what he wrote, one being that their impression of his was cocky and ambitious. Just a few comments about his character. I have personally heard him say "that will be the day when a non-adventist teaches us anything". WOW, I couldn't believe my ears! I learn things all the time from people, no matter who they are or what religion they are from. What cocky self-righteousness! Where's the humble and meek spirit? Secondly, I will give you a direct quote (you may not believe in the topic, but glean from the statement what you will) of something he said (I have it on video and he has threatened to sue me if I released it, going against the scriptures, God's word) "There's a chapter in Patriarchs and Prophets, it begins on page 364, read that chapter,'CEREMONIAL LAW AND FEASTS DONE AWAY WITH, THAT'S THE TITLE OF THAT CHAPTER". Those were the actual words he spoke to everyone, which of course was not true. No wonder he doesn't want it dispersed. The chapter (32) is entitled "The Law and the Covenants", and the word FEAST is NOT in the title, nor can it be found in the entire chapter and it certainly did not say "done away with". Pastor Lomacang seems to have a habit of RE-PHRASING THINGS to suit his purpose. There were several other UNtruths on the video, no wonder he threatened me and doesn't want them released. I have ORDERS that if anything happens to me like has happened to Linda by the thugs, to RELEASE that video along with statements showing what those "Re-phrasings"/untruths are.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

This was also posted there:

Truth is stranger than fiction!
ByBusyMamaon February 4, 2016
Format: Paperback

This is a definite page turner! Like the other reviewers, I could not put this book down. Even though it is thick, I read it in a matter of days. I was skeptical at first, as true forgiveness is a gift from God. By the end of the book I was convinced that Linda has received this gift! I find it SO interesting that all the reviewers so far have given the book a full 5/5 stars except for two who both gave it 1 star out of 5. One of those two is or was a 3ABN employee herself! Ignore those two false reviews folks! For anyone who has been hurt and who struggles with forgiveness, this is a MUST READ! What Linda has endured, and is still enduring is beyond comprehension for most of us. I am so grateful to Linda for having the courage to put this important work out. There are always two sides to every story so it's a blessing to have this side of this scandal. I have firsthand knowledge of many of the major facts in this book, being married to someone who is related to someone related through marriage to the Shelton clan. This book shook me to my core in many ways, as I might have written a similar story had I not experienced divine intervention in my life! Most of us women have encountered the Too Good To Be True Guy. The one who says all the right things, is charismatic, is the one we want to be Prince Charming, but in the end, is Mr. Control Freak and isolates us from all our supports. I had a guy like that in my life, but God intervened before I ended up marrying him! This story was a glimpse into the life experience I may have shared with Linda, and other abused women. There is a saying, "Truth is stranger than fiction!" This could never be more true than in this story. I hope and pray that the end of it can be repentance, and not just forgiveness!! God can change hearts and I hope that happens so that beauty can rise from the ashes of corruption, greed, jealousy and hatred. Miracles can and do happen!

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 02:35:54 PM »

Here's another one that was posted there:

for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the ...
ByKenneth W.on February 4, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition

This story is so profound to the reader and so obvious to the open minded people that have observer the twists and turns as shown on 3ABN through the years. It appears that Danny is very much in control. As an observer for 20+ years, I would say that he is more and more center of almost all the programs and involved in the rest in some way. I used to watch the programing or have it on almost constantly. Now, when look at it, the following verses come to mind: Proverbs 20:6
Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?

Matthew 6:3
But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

Matthew 6:5
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Matthew 6:16
Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Matthew 23:5
But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 02:37:01 PM »

Another one:

What an amazing story. Linda has giving her heart to the ...
ByNancy Wardon February 4, 2016
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase

I'm almost done with Linda's book. What an amazing story. Linda has giving her heart to the LORD. I'm sorry she had to go through all the hardships because of Danny. Danny LIED time after time on 3ABN and is still LYING. He co-founded 3ABN with Linda. I remember when it first came on. It was both of them. How can people stand by him knowing this? The only reason--I myself see, he's buying them...
This book is a great testimony. I encourage everyone to read it. I've gotten 5 books, 4 for family members. One to put in our small church. Linda is a true blessing and a true Christian.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 02:38:20 PM »

Here's one still there against the book:

This is a book filled with lies. The title contradicts the content.
ByAmazon Customeron February 3, 2016

For someone who preaches forgiveness, this person takes a lot of digs at the people who she is supposed to forgive. In any case, she should ask for forgiveness in perpetuating this fraud of an autobiography. She reminds me of Clinton, all lies with fake shows of sincerity.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »

Here's another one against Linda's book:

Nearly everything written about 3ABN is trumped up to make Danny and 3ABN look bad. Also remember this--the Bible does talk abou
ByDebbie Christensenon January 31, 2016

This book is the most ridiculous I've ever read. Please do not believe everything you read. One example is Linda's strong suggestion that Danny is the father of Trinity. Linda knows herself that Danny had a vasectomy before they were married and he could not have any children. Nearly everything written about 3ABN is trumped up to make Danny and 3ABN look bad. Also remember this--the Bible does talk about forgiveness but does this mean when I forgive someone I can then produce a book to expose every little tidbit I can dream up about that person? How is that forgiveness? IT IS NOTHING SHORT OF PURE REVENGE because Linda was fired from 3ABN because she would not stop her friendship with another man as a married woman. 3ABN tried to work with Linda but she refused to give up her infatuation. Don't believe it? Check it out. This book is mostly fiction. So if you like fiction, read on--but in my opinion you would be foolish to believe it.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 02:44:15 PM »

This is an interesting one:

Things are not always as they seem in the realm of independent ministries
ByAmazon Customeron January 28, 2016

Over the past 12 years I had wondered what was happening with Linda after she disappeared from 3ABN. For me, Danny's accusations against Linda never did ring true. As he intensified his anti-Linda rhetoric, it should have been evident to any unbiased viewer that he was not telling the truth. I could not understand why most of his "faithful supporters" and, more scandalously, how many church leaders bought into Danny's version of events without, apparently, checking it out with Linda.

I want to thank Linda, for telling her very painful story. While I intuitively knew that she was not guilty of the charges Danny brought against her, I had no idea of the living hell she endured for the past 12 years. Someone must have funded that continuing harassment because that sort of thing doesn't happen by chance. Was it the same someone who Danny claimed would pay for keeping detectives on her trail for the rest of her life? (For what purpose??!) Does that person profess to be a Christian? Or were the sacrificial donations sent to 3ABN diverted to the purpose of paying criminal elements not only for continuing harassment but also for a number of murder attempts? At this time, few but God know the answer. And I had no knowledge of the kind of criminal gang stalking that Linda endured and certainly had no idea of how prevalent it is. It's a reminder that we cannot find safety anywhere but in the shelter of His wings.

Experiences like Linda's can break people - and that was clearly the intent of whoever paid for harassing her and making attempts to kill her. Or experiences like hers can cause a closer walk with God and a mature faith in the God who is still in charge of what happens to His children. Linda evidently chose the second path, as is evident by her gracious treatment of the subject and her continuing reminders that God was still with her even in the dark valleys.

A recent experience demonstrates that even the title of this book has power. I was speaking to an 80-year-old man who had gone through an unfortunate divorce some 50 years ago. I had visited in their home briefly before the break-up and had no reason to suspect that anything was amiss. Now, when he tells the story, his wife suddenly changed from a happy, contented mother to a selfish female bent on divorce. He couldn't understand why the church supported her and not him, nor why she is now invited to speak at women's ministry conferences. He still talks about how unfairly he was treated. When he started on another recital of his tale of woes on a recent Sabbath, I interrupted him to suggest that he should read Linda Shelton's book. He asked for the name of the book, and I replied, "Adventures in Forgiveness." He was quiet for a moment before replying, "Yes, I need to experience adventures in forgiveness for myself." So even the title of this book has power.

I recommend this book to every Seventh-day Adventist Christian, especially in America because the insight it provides is much broader than the life of Linda Shelton or Danny Shelton, for that matter. Among other things, it offers a look behind the scenes of a powerful independent ministry demonstrating that things are not always as they seem.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 02:46:32 PM »

This one is also worth copying and pasting here:

A Must Read!
ByTechie Helperon January 20, 2016
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase

Amazing story! A must read. Linda Shelton tells her version of events which are quite different from Danny Shelton and 3ABN. Of course at this point, Linda has nothing the lose except her life. Danny and 3ABN have millions in contributions to lose. What I really like is the spirit of the book. Rather than being vengeful and hateful, Linda shares her heart and feelings to the reader. She was seriously wronged and still is today since she isn't welcome to speak in most Adventist churches. Try to schedule her and see how it goes. At least with this book she can tell her side of the story. Danny should have been removed from the leadership of 3ABN since he had no grounds for remarriage. The question is why did he want Linda gone? I don't think Linda even knows for certain today. Two maybes are discussed. 1) Jealousy over TV viewers liking Linda better than Danny. 2) Perhaps he was blackmailed because he was the father of Brandy's baby. Just so many weird twists and turns. From getting married in one week, to getting a divorce on the Internet from Guam, to having to have a 3ABN jet, to the weird DNA testing of Brandy's daughter whose identify couldn't be verified because she was hiding in a blanket. This is truly a sad story of greed and corruption in a Christian Ministry with a leader having too much power and no one who would dare stand up against him. Apparently Danny's side has been told on 3ABN and many websites. It is nice to now have all the details of the other side. You can now decide who is telling the truth. It appears to me that the truthful person is Linda. You will have to decide for yourself.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »

This one is kind of a sad one:

I especially liked the segments where Linda spoke with her dog in ...
ByAmazon Customeron January 20, 2016
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase

I (Vanessa Bordlee) am reading this book now. Tears keep flowing as I hear Linda's telling of the events that broke my heart in 2004. I remember sending 3ABN a check for $500.00 after much prayer. My second son was soon due to be born and I was regularly watching 3 ABN programming. I especially liked the segments where Linda spoke with her dog in attendance. As my due date neared, I asked God to be my Doula and protect my baby (my first delivery had been rather fraught with complications). I notified the doula that I had lined up and told her that I'd changed my mind. The money I'd saved to pay her, I used to send to 3ABN. Then in June, as I watched the heartbreaking situation unfold live on the air (the president "talking out of school" as they used to say where I grew up, I cried. It was so depressing to witness the choices the president was making (to accuse and cause hardship to the vice-president). I remember being so discouraged over it. I'd sent my piggy bank's last cent to support this ministry! I recognized that Linda was having to endure similar hardships that Jesus had endured. Her silent witness continued to minister to my heart. Truth is healing. Crying may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning. Linda's courage to write her truth after all these years (my son is now almost 12) is restorative. I began songwriting around this time due to many disappointments (not the least of which was the realization that 3ABN was not the Savior I had once thought it to be). This was a blessing to me and the first song I wrote was about a rainbow. So, the part of the story where Linda sees the rainbows is of particular interest to me. My song was also a comfort to me from Heaven. (Our home had flooded about a year prior to that and we went through a lot with the restoration and eventual sale of our home---the text kept coming to my mind, "the enemy comes in like a flood." I think that God was lovingly preparing me for the great disappointment I was to feel on the night I witnessed the great disgrace to Linda Shelton. I appreciate the way Linda has framed the sad story--with elements of forgiveness and truth woven together. I also appreciate her loyalty to a God who does allow wheat and tares to grow side by side, ever patiently ready to restore. I will continue to read the rest of the book with great respect and grief over the years of pain the author Linda Shelton endured. I pray that God grant her courage and strength for the days ahead. I pray for healing to all the hearts involved.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 02:50:56 PM »

This is also a good one:

It is written in such a beautiful way in order to uplift the ministry that she ...
ByAmazon Customeron January 19, 2016

This book once started was hard to put down. It is written in such a beautiful way in order to uplift the ministry that she loves. In giving so many details of her life journey and especially the love she has for her children and how that love was instrumental in her journey taking her in the direction that it has is simply amazing. God is amazing and it is always such a blessing and joy to hear the testimony of how He is in charge and leading in individual lives. This is truly an example of how true and sometimes blind faith is so rewarded. I would encourage every SDA Christian to get a copy and read this book and then pass it around. And always remember to pray for all of those who are involved and especially for the 3ABN ministry that has helped so many people around the globe and continues to bring a blessing to this household every Sabbath as we are not able to get to church as we would like to do. God bless everyone who reads, prays, and lets this book do the work in you that it is intended for. Mary James-Nelsen

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »

The following comment was deleted from Amazon.com by John Lomacang himself.

John Lomacang says: (January 31, 2016)

"Adventures in Forgiveness" is the title but the content is not about forgiveness but about propaganda. Since I am one of the persons that Linda continuously misrepresents I have an insight unlike any other person that has written a review thus far. I am saddened to see that even after ten years Linda continues to allow the enemy to use her. FOR EXAMPLE, Linda wrote that Danny and I got together to confront her about her relationship with Dr. Arild Abrahamsen. Sadly enough the readers believed it. The truth is, Danny was a very private man and did not allow people into his personal life. The only way I found out about Linda and Dr. Arid Abrahamsen's friendship was, Linda came to my home and asked me if my wife had any male friends. What I did not know immediately know was, she was not talking about casual acquaintances. After we talked a short while, she then asked me to convince Danny that having a male friend is not a threat to their marriage. She asked me to come to their house and convince Danny that Dr. Arild Abrahamsen was no problem in their marriage. When I arrived, Danny was uneasy with the idea that I was coming to convince him that his wife having a relationship with another man was ok. As their pastor I asked Danny for the rest of the story. Danny responded, "John I am not comfortable with my wife spending time with a man that we don't know. I asked her to end the relationship but she refused." I then said to Linda, "If Danny is not comfortable with you and Dr. Arild Abrahamsen being together that should be enough for you to end your relationship with the Doctor." Linda responded, "I am not going to stop seeing Dr. Arild Abrahamsen." Everyone that talked to Linda about ending her relation with the Doctor can now look back over the last 12 years and see that Linda was serious. She is still with Dr. Arild Abrahamsen today. Dear readers beware! You are being pulled into a vicious passive aggressive situation. Every appeal to discontinue a relationship with Dr. Arild Abrahamsen was ignored. These passionate appeals were made by pastors, 3ABN Board Members, world renowned church leaders, and other counselors. There is one fact that still remains unchanged---Linda began a relationship with Dr. Arild Abrahamsen 12 years ago and the man that she refused to leave, she is still with today. I was the most present person in the unfolding of this "Adventure." Adventures in forgiveness is a deceptive FICTIONAL NOVEL that Satan is using to prevent the gospel from going to the world. Her actions are best describe in this way, (Romans 16:18 KJV) "For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." --- This book is not her version--it is her deception.
Pages: [1]   Go Up