Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am sorry  (Read 9328 times)

patsi

I am sorry
« on: April 21, 2008, 07:36:55 AM »

To all those that I have hurt, I am sorry.
I did not realize that I did not have an open heart in learning. I had been hoping I was learning. I will leave the discussion to you. I will read, but nothing else. I will take a step back as well and not post anywhere. Is NOT a 'game' as some called it. I am learning, a reborn christian. Thank you for letting me register here.

inga

• The Sabbath School Network
Re: I am sorry
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »

Dear Patsi,

Please do hang around and ask questions when you feel the need. That's the best way to learn.

However, there is one area that asking questions expressing doubt can seem like a put-down -- and that's when someone is telling a story from their own experience. I believe this happened in threads in which Bonnie was venting because of sexual abuse in which a member of her family was victimized.

God is good, but the heart of humans is naturally full of evil. Only God can make it good, and He does it by giving us a new heart. It sometimes happens that people even get into positions of responsibility without first getting that new heart from the Lord. And eventually it will show in their actions: The evil will come out.

God has the remedy for that too -- it includes repentance, confession and restitutions insofar as possible. God can forgive anything and wipe our slates clean, but we have to understand that we need forgiveness. God doesn't force forgiveness on those who like to think they've done nothing wrong.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend reading the gospels of Mark, Luke and John to get a feel for the way Jesus related. You can follow that up with reading the gospel of Matthew, then, perhaps the book of Acts.

May God bless you as you learn and grow closer to Him.

Blessings,
Inga
Visit http://ssnet.org The Sabbath School Network to see our new look and much more content. And leave us a message. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up