Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Special Day - ANZAC  (Read 8959 times)

Ozzie

Special Day - ANZAC
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:40:12 PM »

I am reminded as I listen to the 'fly-over' - planes flying in formation, of the special day that we Ozzies and New Zealanders commemorate today.

ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corp and remembers all those who fell in combat, as they landed at Gallipoli on 25 April 1915.

To these people and those who fought in World War 2 and in Vietnam, we owe the freedom of the country in which we live.

We are not present for the March, which is held firstly at the 'Dawn Service' in so many places and then the 11am March that is held in every town and city throughout Australia, and I guess, NZ as well.

There will be special lunches for us in our Retirement Villiage today - ie. ANZAC biscuits are 'a must'.  :cool:

Have just been asked why we weren't up at 'The Service' which is being held in the Community Room here. Well, my husband forgot to tell me they had planned a service of Remembrance here today.

I guess they won't have 'two-up' in the Community Room though, which is traditionally 'allowed' after the March.  :ROFL: I understand this was traditionally played by troops on their return from the various wars.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up