Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is It a "Sign of the Times"?  (Read 11214 times)

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Is It a "Sign of the Times"?
« on: April 25, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »

Glenn Beck of CNN Headline News has apparently been discusing end times prophecy all this week.

CNN is usually considered to be a part of the liberal media.

He is interviewing Joel Rosenberg, an orthodox Jew and former advisor to Netanyahu who is now an evangelical Christian.  Rosenberg writes novels that advance his views of end times since he says that people would not listen if he merely wrote nonfiction.

They are both quoting scripture(!) on CNN Headline News and discussing end time events.   
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
Re: Is It a "Sign of the Times"?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »

The signs are brewing left and right. Here is very recent comminication I received:

Gailon, I picked this up from a news wire, Michael....

The Rev. Peter Kihm, pastor of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in the City of Poughkeepsie, said his sermon today will talk about what the papacy represents.

"We have to remind them what the pope means to the church, as the visible sign of unity of us all," he said.

The Rev. Joseph LaMorte, pastor of Holy Trinity Church in the City of Poughkeepsie, is hopeful the impact of the papal visit will draw some stray sheep back to the fold.

"If somebody is lapsed, maybe not completely identifying with the Catholic Church, maybe this will stimulate something, maybe draw them back," he said. "The visit of the pope to our country and our city certainly is a boon and I think it does have some potential to bring some people back in, to get them to look seriously again about the need for religion, the church, the holiness of something like Sunday, for example. It's not a regular day. It's the Lord's Day."

Johann

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:32:26 AM »

When the European Union was first launched it was called The Covenant of Rome. It still is even though that title is used infrequently today. Norway and Iceland are among the few countries in Western Europe that are not members yet, but there is a strong daily pressure to get them to join too.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »

Interestingly enough, when Glenn Beck and Rosenberg were discussing end times on CNN, Rosenberg mentioned that his understanding of some Biblical prophecies led him to believe that something important and of a negative nature was going to come out of Italy, but they couldn't figure out why anything would originate in Italy.

I was thinking...maybe...the Vatican?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »

Interestingly enough, when Glenn Beck and Rosenberg were discussing end times on CNN, Rosenberg mentioned that his understanding of some Biblical prophecies led him to believe that something important and of a negative nature was going to come out of Italy, but they couldn't figure out why anything would originate in Italy.

Oh, good grief, now what gave you idea? You mean to tell me you believe all those prophecies actually point the finger somehow to the Holy Roman See? The man of peace!!! The same pontificate that supports religious freedom and freedom of conscience?

You are really out of vogue!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

RND

• You are Israel
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »

Oh, good grief, now what gave you idea? You mean to tell me you believe all those prophecies actually point the finger somehow to the Holy Roman See? The man of peace!!! The same pontificate that supports religious freedom and freedom of conscience?

You are really out of vogue!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Did either of them have their finger over their mouths, ala' Dionysus when they were mentioning Italy? Maybe a wink here or nod there at the thought?

Beck is a Mormon after all. Maybe he has to go where the winds of Freemasonry strife blow.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

WillowRun

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »

The Vatican has come out with an opinion that space aliens are part of God's creation.....I think that the world is spiralling out of control....

FWIW...I believe that when Jesus comes we are all going to see it...He won't be crawling out of a hole in the ground nor will he be arriving in a space ship...In short, if CNN has the story, they have the wrong one...

Respectfully,

Willow
Respectfully,

Willow
Pages: [1]   Go Up