Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faith comes by hearing the voice of God  (Read 10421 times)

sky

• (Not the same Sky at Maritime)
Faith comes by hearing the voice of God
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »

Faith comes by hearing the voice of God.

I believe the Bible because I have found it to be the voice of God speaking to my soul. The Bible is God's word to us, not written merely, but spoken! In other words, the Bible is God's voice speaking to us, just as surely as though we could hear it with our ears. If we realized this, with what awe would we open God's word, and with what earnestness would we search its precepts! Psalm 119:161,162. See Testimonies, Vol.6, p.393.

For example, the ten commandments spoken by Christ at Sinai are the voice of God from Heaven speaking to the soul in promise of the Spirit which alone can fufill every jot and tittle of what is expressed in the commandments. This voice is ever speaking to us. Thus, there is not a negative in that law although it may appear thus! See 1 B.C.1105. 

Received as the voice of God speaking to the soul, the word imparts power, it begets life, even the life of the Infinite One. It transforms the nature and re-creates the soul in the image of God. And the life which is thus received is in like manner sustained, by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Psalm 119:93,50; Matt.4:4; See Education, p.126.

In the beginning God said, "Let there be light! And there was light!" out of sheer darkness! "He spoke and it was!" Ps.33:9. He spoke the word only! There was no time between the word spoken and the thing done. It is the same voice from Heaven speaking to us in redemption. After the fall, the hearts of men became spiritually dark and alienated from God. But on account of the merits of a Saviour to come and who has come, the Lord speaks to us wonderful words of life, even life everlasting. Again, He speaks the word only, saying "Let the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ shine in the darkened void of your heart." 2 Cor.4:6. The light of His presence and glory immediately shines in your heart and in my heart if we are willing to be as submissive to the voice of His word as is the inanimate creation! This is the law and the prophets! "Your commandment is exceedingly broad." Ps.119:96. "The entrance of Your word gives light." Ps.119:130. "If any man hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and sup with him and he with Me." Rev.3:20. "My sheep hear My voice." John 10:27.

"You were once darkness but NOW you are light in the Lord." Eph.5:8. Such will "sing the praises of Him who called them out of darkness into His marvelous light." 1 Peter 2:9.

And "As as you have received Him, so walk ye in Him," "By every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." Col.2:6; Matt.4:4.

"I will praise Your word." Psalm 56:4,10.

To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen!

sky

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:49:04 AM by sky »

Johann

Re: Faith comes by hearing the voice of God
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:56:33 AM »

This devotional speaks to the mind and heart - and strengthens faith

sky

• (Not the same Sky at Maritime)
Re: Faith comes by hearing the voice of God
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:19:05 AM »

Glad to find that the "little devotional" spoke to your mind and heart and that your faith was strenghtened. God be praised! I feel humbled that my little star was honored by your five blue stars! :)

Salvation is by hearing. "Incline your ear, come to Me,  hear and your soul shall live." Isaiah 55:3. See also Acts 28:28.

"The life of Christ which gives life to the world is in His word... Every soul is to receive life from God's word for himself." Desire of Ages, p.390.

As it is written, "If anyone hears My voice and opens the door (the ear is the door of faith for faith comes by hearing the voice of God in his words and commands; Rom.10:17) I will come into him and sup with him and he with Me." Rev.3:20.

"He awakens my ear to hear as the learned. The Lord God has opened my ear and I was not rebellious, nor did i turn away." Isaiah 50:4,5.

"Only he who receives the Scriptures as the voice of God speaking to himself is a true learner." C.O.L.59.

"The ten precepts of the greatest love ever presented to men is the voice of God from Heaven speaking to the soul in promise." E.G. White, 1 B.C.1105. The ten commandments as they proceed out of the mouth of God are exceedingly great and precious promises by which our lives may be bound up with the life of Christ if we do not interpose an evil heart of unbelief. Heb.4:7.

We may drink deep the Spirit of the sacred oracles of God. God has spoken. His voice has lost none of its power. It is still omnipotent to accomplish what is expressed in the word. He speaks and it is done! "Be strong in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ." 2 Tim.2:1. "Grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 3:18. "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." This is the will of God for us and if we choose to submit to His voice it immediately works in us who believe. See 1 Thess.2:13.

In the beginning the Lord said, "Let there be light! and there was light!" There was no time between the spoken word of God and the thing done! Now, the Lord Himself gives the command: "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus." Phil.2:5. Those who are hungering and thirsting for God and receive this divine oracle as the voice of God speaking to them may say, immediately, "We have the mind of Christ." 1 Cor.2:16. That is faith, brothers and sisters, the only true faith that works by love to purify the soul, for Christ, on account of the merits of His infinite sacrifice, has earned every right to speak to us wonderful words of life. We sing it but do we believe it? Speak them over again to me wonderful words of life! The Scriptures are the well-springs of life!

These are the commandments of the Lord. 1 Cor.14:37. They are lively oracles. Acts 7:38. We may drink deep the Spirit of these sacred oracles. John 6:63,68.

Thank God for the merits of Christ's sacrifice and for the voice of His word.

laval

Pages: [1]   Go Up