Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A suggestion and a comment  (Read 11638 times)

Lil Star

A suggestion and a comment
« on: May 08, 2008, 10:14:34 AM »

Do you think we could we have a recipe forum of some kind? I am not very well educated on vegetarian cooking?

I would also like to add a special thank you to Daryl and the moderator's for making this such a great place. For the first time I could recommend an adventist forum to my non-adventist friends without being embarrassed. I am still a little timid in asking some questions that may seem a little simple to you folks here, but I don't have to fear a sick joke being made out of my questions.
I appreciate being kept informed with issues like 3ABN, even if it has placed some in a tough spot. Both sides are welcome and give their input. Thanks to adventtalk, maybe some of the other tough issues we deal with can be as openly discussed and maybe find a way to deal with.

This forum is growing so fast and is pretty active for being brand new. No one seems to feel like they need to say outlandish things just to get a response and some attention.
Thank you for the hands on administration and moderation so it can continue to be a place where we can invite non-adventist friends without embarrassment
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: A suggestion and a comment
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 11:15:39 AM »

This is the type of forum that we want both this one and the one at Maritime to be like.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:16:08 AM »

As for your suggestion, let me get back to you on that one.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:20:55 AM »

I response to your suggestion both a new category and a new forum has been created where health related topics can be discussed.

Lil Star

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »

:TY: Daryl.

RIP mom

Jesus IS enough

Ozzie

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 03:35:19 PM »

Do you think we could we have a recipe forum of some kind? I am not very well educated on vegetarian cooking?

I would also like to add a special thank you to Daryl and the moderator's for making this such a great place. For the first time I could recommend an adventist forum to my non-adventist friends without being embarrassed. I am still a little timid in asking some questions that may seem a little simple to you folks here, but I don't have to fear a sick joke being made out of my questions.
I appreciate being kept informed with issues like 3ABN, even if it has placed some in a tough spot. Both sides are welcome and give their input. Thanks to adventtalk, maybe some of the other tough issues we deal with can be as openly discussed and maybe find a way to deal with.

This forum is growing so fast and is pretty active for being brand new. No one seems to feel like they need to say outlandish things just to get a response and some attention.
Thank you for the hands on administration and moderation so it can continue to be a place where we can invite non-adventist friends without embarrassment

I would like to endorse your remarks Lil. Too often we take things for granted, and forget to tell the person concerned that they are doing a great job, even though we're thinking that. Mostly, people are only told when something is wrong. We need to remember the positive reinforcement too. My remiss.

Thank you Daryl.  :TY:

Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up