Specialty Forums Category > Pet Lovers

Most Unusual Pet You Owned??

(1/5) > >>

bonnie:
We had a skunk named Chanel No 5, and a spider monkey named Tojou

Ozzie:
Very innovative names for the particular species Bonnie.  :ROFL: My husband would love to have a monkey for a pet, but that's not likely in our Retirement Villiage (thank heavens).  :hamster:

This was not an unusual pet I suppose, but a favourite of our eldest daughter's was a black piglet, that we kept for a few months, before serving him for Christmas Dinner one year. Daughter # 1 loved "Porky" and we thought she was too young to put 2+2 together and work out where he had gone to, but she did realise that 'Porky' had disappeared and refused to eat her Christmas meal.  :scratch:

Got to admit that "Porky" did seem to delight in Daughter #1 going and playing with him and keeping him company. Our two eldest kids enjoyed his company for those few short months. Child #2 could only sit in his pram and make noises at the piglet, who seemed to 'answer' him back. :oops:

bonnie:
Trust me, a monkey and a retirement village are not compatible :)
They are so blame smart it is almost enough to make you believe in evolution.  Tojou got out one night and we hadn't missed him. We had a gas station close to our house where truckers would sometime pull in and sleep in their sleeper at night. One poor guy left his window opened the night Tojou got out and he will never be the same.

It was just getting daylight when he woke to find a monkey sitting on his chest. Scared the daylights out of him and he made the mistake of grabbing for him. He ended up with Tojou on his head pulling his hair for all he was worth.Tojou screeching at the top of his lungs.
When he finally got loose and threw him out the window Tojou ran up the tree. The trucker came to the house and I can tell you I have never heard that kind of language before or since. One mighty upset man.
If he retold that to his wife, I bet she thought he had a bit to much to drink.

Guess who had to climb the tree with a banana and get the little monster back home??
Not something a teenage girl really wants to do in the center of a small town. Took a long time before I lived that one down

Ozzie:

--- Quote from: bonnie on May 09, 2008, 07:11:56 PM ---Trust me, a monkey and a retirement village are not compatible :)
They are so blame smart it is almost enough to make you believe in evolution.  Tojou got out one night and we hadn't missed him. We had a gas station close to our house where truckers would sometime pull in and sleep in their sleeper at night. One poor guy left his window opened the night Tojou got out and he will never be the same.

It was just getting daylight when he woke to find a monkey sitting on his chest. Scared the daylights out of him and he made the mistake of grabbing for him. He ended up with Tojou on his head pulling his hair for all he was worth.Tojou screeching at the top of his lungs.
When he finally got loose and threw him out the window Tojou ran up the tree. The trucker came to the house and I can tell you I have never heard that kind of language before or since. One mighty upset man.
If he retold that to his wife, I bet she thought he had a bit to much to drink.

Guess who had to climb the tree with a banana and get the little monster back home??
Not something a teenage girl really wants to do in the center of a small town. Took a long time before I lived that one down

--- End quote ---

Wish I'd been a fly on the wall, or a bird flying near the tree!  :ROFL: No. Country towns are renounded for ignoring something hilarious as that.  :oops:

Lil Star:
I have owned a registered male angora rabbit. Soon after we had the rabbit with all the papers it had about 9 little bunny rabbits! We have laughed for years over my registered male rabbit having babies. Who would have thought?  :ROFL:

That reminds me, can we get a rabbit icon on here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version