Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Reeces" anyone?  (Read 4187 times)

sonshineonme

• Global Moderator
"Reeces" anyone?
« on: May 10, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »

Years ago when I quit eating chocolate and developed a healthy addiction to carob (and it took a few attempts at various carob to find one I liked) I got a bit creative and decided I could still have recee's if I just did it right. I came up with a quick way,and everyone I have ever made it for has loved it and they always say "can you make that stuff you make"? It's so easy, maybe someone here  would like to try it too.

Amounts and portions are really up to you. You figure out what you like by trying it a few times.
1 Cup carob chips (I use sweetened)
1/2 Cup all natural peanut butter

Put carob in a microwavable bowl and melt slightly until they carob can be stirred  to a creamy consistency
Then add the peanut butter
Mix together well and spread on a large tupperware (or whatever else "ware" ) lid.
Put in the freezer till it's totally set up.
I then bend and twist the lid to raise it up from the lid and break the carob into pieces for serving.

Remember you can make as little or as much as you want and adjust the peanut butter to strength you like.
It's quick and easy, and it really does taste great! Let me know how you like it.

BTW, I eat chocolate and carob these days, but I still only like this with carob chips  ;)
"...Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. "

Lil Star

Re: "Reeces" anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:44:50 AM »

That really sounds good!
When my husband was in college at Walla Walla we used to go to the snack place and get burritos and carob covered peanuts. I just love the two combined. These days I still can not find the exact things they used on/in their burritos. But, they were the best I have ever tasted. Sometimes I wish I still lived there just so I could see if the burritos were the same still. Guess I will just have to keep on trying.
I am going to be trying these reeces recipe though. I love that idea.

(heading out to the store later today for the stuff to make them with)
RIP mom

Jesus IS enough
Pages: [1]   Go Up