Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3ABN/AF/Quiet Hour/ShareHim: New World Ministry or Unholy Conglomerate?  (Read 31822 times)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
Re: 3ABN/AF/Quiet Hour/ShareHim: New World Ministry or Unholy Conglomerate?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 11:14:05 AM »

I've gotten the impression that OCI is what ASI originally was: an organization of self-supporting ministries.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 11:41:49 AM »

I've gotten the impression that OCI is what ASI originally was: an organization of self-supporting ministries.

Yes, that's what it sounds like.

It's true that ASI morphed from its original group of self-supporting ministries to its present form of essentially an Adventist businessmen's club--with charitable functions and purposes.

I think the concept is a good one, since Adventist business people banded together can do a lot of good for the church as well as enjoying each other's fellowship from time to time at the meetings.

Is it only the ASI Missions Board with its weathy and powerful backers that has run amok?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 03:07:18 PM »

From the reports I saw and ASI programs presented on 3ABN I was greatly impressed with the work of ASI. It seemed to be an organization of active lay-people fully supporting the SDA Church. I discovered that certain Independent Ministries also belonged to another organization - and right at the moment I can't think of the right initials of this group . . . will someone help me?

I had heard of OCI before but didn't realize that it was a similar organization to ASI.

OCI is a member of ASI and many of OCI members have received financial donations from ASI.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »

I still think it needs investigating!  I believe the partnership has taken place already at 3ABN.  IT has many ASI members on programming.  I can't fault the message of all doing their part in evangelism.....  However, I oppose the act of not caring what a person has done or what they are doing.

3ABN/Danny's dealings have been against the donors and SDA Church members.  The financial appeals are for all these different ministries except the satellite that Fjarli has paid for for one year to reach India.  Danny asked that donations be sent to 3ABN and they would forward it to the Division!  My opinion is not to send 3ABN one red cent.  Send it directly to the division thought the GC.

It is a proven fact that 3ABN was posting other ministries money to 3ABN Income!  It has not been proven to me that there has been a change to date.  Until I know for a fact that there are controls in place to make sure this never happens again, I will NEVER give one penny to 3ABN!

I must also see that the Trust Fund Problems are taken care of.  I need this from an independent Auditing agency or government agency.  New satellite or no; just because the Fjarli's gave their hard earned bucks over to Danny is their business.  Maybe Fjarli is a slow learner.????

Has anyone noticed the change in music?  Has anyone noticed the change in programming?  Has anyone else noticed all the appeals for money to other ministries?  All are ASI related.  Wake up folks.  ASI has taken over 3ABN while everyone was sleeping.

An astute observation, as usual, Fran. Anyone know why the IRS Criminal Invesigation Unit was interested in the relationship between 3ABN and ASI, etc??? Is it possible someone is already investigating?

We have certainly learned from John Harvey Kellogg, Davenport, Harris Pine, New England Memorial and 3ABN that a lot of excellently conceived and well meaning entities can have
those who would utilize the facilities thay manage for their own purposes, regardless of the Counsels. We seem to have a propensity to repeat History within the church and we have
most certainly learned that money can corrupt, but power can corrupt absolutely!!!

Would it really surprise us to find that there are cross purposes between a "hijacked" ASI entity and God's annointed instrument for world evangelism?

Since Bob and I are a bit pre-occupied, any volunteers to investigate and report? Fran just may serve as honorary chairperson for such a team.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Johann

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »

we may need the help of some of the good researchers over at BSDA

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 09:14:31 PM »

The more the merrier!!! Gailon arthur Joy

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 12:46:45 AM »

From the reports I saw and ASI programs presented on 3ABN I was greatly impressed with the work of ASI. It seemed to be an organization of active lay-people fully supporting the SDA Church. I discovered that certain Independent Ministries also belonged to another organization - and right at the moment I can't think of the right initials of this group . . . will someone help me?

I had heard of OCI before but didn't realize that it was a similar organization to ASI.

OCI is a member of ASI and many of OCI members have received financial donations from ASI.

Thank you for that clarification Sister.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 03:14:06 PM »

I still think it needs investigating!  I believe the partnership has taken place already at 3ABN.  IT has many ASI members on programming.  I can't fault the message of all doing their part in evangelism.....  However, I oppose the act of not caring what a person has done or what they are doing.

3ABN/Danny's dealings have been against the donors and SDA Church members.  The financial appeals are for all these different ministries except the satellite that Fjarli has paid for for one year to reach India.  Danny asked that donations be sent to 3ABN and they would forward it to the Division!  My opinion is not to send 3ABN one red cent.  Send it directly to the division thought the GC.

It is a proven fact that 3ABN was posting other ministries money to 3ABN Income!  It has not been proven to me that there has been a change to date.  Until I know for a fact that there are controls in place to make sure this never happens again, I will NEVER give one penny to 3ABN!

I must also see that the Trust Fund Problems are taken care of.  I need this from an independent Auditing agency or government agency.  New satellite or no; just because the Fjarli's gave their hard earned bucks over to Danny is their business.  Maybe Fjarli is a slow learner.????

Has anyone noticed the change in music?  Has anyone noticed the change in programming?  Has anyone else noticed all the appeals for money to other ministries?  All are ASI related.  Wake up folks.  ASI has taken over 3ABN while everyone was sleeping.

An astute observation, as usual, Fran. Anyone know why the IRS Criminal Invesigation Unit was interested in the relationship between 3ABN and ASI, etc??? Is it possible someone is already investigating?

We have certainly learned from John Harvey Kellogg, Davenport, Harris Pine, New England Memorial and 3ABN that a lot of excellently conceived and well meaning entities can have
those who would utilize the facilities thay manage for their own purposes, regardless of the Counsels. We seem to have a propensity to repeat History within the church and we have
most certainly learned that money can corrupt, but power can corrupt absolutely!!!

Would it really surprise us to find that there are cross purposes between a "hijacked" ASI entity and God's annointed instrument for world evangelism?

Since Bob and I are a bit pre-occupied, any volunteers to investigate and report? Fran just may serve as honorary chairperson for such a team.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Is there some indication that the IRS is extending an investigation to ASI, or is that just a possibility?
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Johann

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »

Yes, that's what it sounds like.

It's true that ASI morphed from its original group of self-supporting ministries to its present form of essentially an Adventist businessmen's club--with charitable functions and purposes.

I think the concept is a good one, since Adventist business people banded together can do a lot of good for the church as well as enjoying each other's fellowship from time to time at the meetings.

Is it only the ASI Missions Board with its wealthy and powerful backers that has run amok?

Running amok. Mammon?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up