Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Redlands Adventist Academy  (Read 10074 times)

RND

• You are Israel
Redlands Adventist Academy
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:14:05 PM »

Today at church we were treated to an absolutely wonderful musical performance by the youngsters of the Redlands Adventist Academy. We were treated to two different types of performance, the Bellissimo's & the Kantorei choir.

It was really a treat.

I had heard about the music program at RAA but it was such a joy to see these wonderful young kids performing. The Bellissimo performance involved the precision playing of bells and various percussion. It was unique and quite different than some other "bell" performances I had seen before. It was modern and up to date, kinda "hip," if I can use that word, way to interpret standard Christian hymns. However, they also play some traditional sounding Caribbean type tunes that were also done very well.

The Kantorei choir also did a mix of standard Christian tunes and Caribbean type song with a upbeat yet respectful  tone that was a real departure from "regular" choir singing. The music made for a great sabbath service. I'm certain the Lord enjoyed it as well!

If you know of anyone from RAA, parent, student or faculty let them know that we at Victorville SDA church really appreciated their performance very much!
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
Pages: [1]   Go Up