Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pinned Documents and Letters  (Read 28609 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Pinned Documents and Letters
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:22:37 AM »

Recent events and discussions at other forums have been....well....a combination of entertaining, amusing and disturbing all wrapped up together.

First, we observe administrators at BSDA get frustrated and close the 3ABN subforum "for a few weeks" to give everyone, particularly them, "a break".

During that "few week break" this new, friendly forum sprang up to give folks another venue for discussion.  Almost immediately thereafter, the BSDA 3ABN subforum abruptly ended its "few week break" after only a few days.  However, the 3ABN-related documents and letters that had been "pinned" were unpinned.

Whatever term they choose to use, the "unpinning" of these documents has effectively buried these firsthand accounts in the depths of BSDA making it necessary for a reader to know they are there and go in search of them, rather than have them displayed prominently for members, lurkers or new readers to see.

Additionally, the toxicity there has now sadly been turned on Sister who clearly has been a victim of the 3ABN/DS games.  Yet, another member is allowed to suggest to someone a "medicated nap" after commenting on the state of that individual's undergarments!!!  How nice!!  And then there are the not-so-subtle comments about Daryl, MSDAOL, and AdventTalk.  Perhaps that subforum should have remained closed a bit longer...JMO... :dunno:

Then we have the Club Adventist posts of the last few days about other forums being served while they would not be (now deleted albeit too late).  Wonder how they know that??  It is quite clear there is some inside connection somewhere!!

It would be nice if the forums could be complementary to each other as Daryl suggested, rather than competitive and antagonistic.  We can only hope there will not be any internet forums in heaven!!

Anyway, I am wondering if it would be possible to "pin" or otherwise make prominent here those documents that were once "pinned" at BSDA to the AdventTalk readers and members who would like to have them easily accessible.  Just an idea!

Thanks again to all who are making this forum possible!!

Snoopy

From BSDA 3ABN subforum:

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 26 2008, 11:14 PM)
There were letters as well, and tell me again why they are buried and not pinned anymore?

Because I determined that those topics where not anymore important than the current ones being discussed.

This post has been edited by calvin: Jan 26 2008, 11:44 PM

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:11:39 AM by Snoopy »

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
Re: "Pinned Documents and Letters"
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 10:39:27 AM »

I have pinned versions of some of them over at MSDAOL that I can bring here.

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Pinned Documents and Letters
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:40:12 AM »

First, we observe administrators at BSDA get frustrated and close the 3ABN subforum "for a few weeks" to give everyone, particularly them, "a break".

During that "few week break" this new, friendly forum sprang up to give folks another venue for discussion.  Almost immediately thereafter, the BSDA 3ABN subforum abruptly ended its "few week break" after only a few days.  However, the 3ABN-related documents and letters that had been "pinned" were unpinned.

Whatever term they choose to use, the "unpinning" of these documents has effectively buried these firsthand accounts in the depths of BSDA making it necessary for a reader to know they are there and go in search of them, rather than have them displayed prominently for members, lurkers or new readers to see.

Thanks for that comprehensive and clear-headed summation, Snoopy!

I also have wished that those various items were pinned here at AdventTalk!

Daryl, that would be great if you brought them over here!
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 01:27:05 PM »

I have pinned versions of some of them over at MSDAOL that I can bring here.
Please do Daryl.

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:46:24 PM »

I fourth the proposal, but would remind everyone that this forum was born less than two weeks ago and has been open exactly eight days...so, Daryl, when you get a moment and perhaps even after you get back from vacation, we look forward to yet another advancement at Advent talk.

I am extremely surprised that the forum has gotten traction as quickly as it has and developed the ire of the competition all in such a short period of time. What an accomplishment and what a tribute to the creators!!!

Hats off to Daryl and team!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »

I actually created what is referred to here as a Child Forum of the 3ABN forum where I am in the process of posting copies of the pinned/sticky type topics over at MSDAOL.

Fair Havens

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 06:18:39 PM »

I'm all for having the unpinned else-(we know)-where pinned right here at Advent Talk, yes siree! ;D

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 06:24:30 PM »

Daryl is going on vacation???  Oh NO!!

Just kidding!  From what I have witnessed just in the last couple of weeks, it is a well-deserved one!!  Have a wonderful time Daryl!!  Hopefully you will not be taking a computer!!  Oh yes - thank you for getting these all important letters and documents here and handy!  I for one really appreciate it.

I fourth the proposal, but would remind everyone that this forum was born less than two weeks ago and has been open exactly eight days...so, Daryl, when you get a moment and perhaps even after you get back from vacation, we look forward to yet another advancement at Advent talk.

I am extremely surprised that the forum has gotten traction as quickly as it has and developed the ire of the competition all in such a short period of time. What an accomplishment and what a tribute to the creators!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:27:21 PM by Snoopy »

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 07:03:47 PM »

Daryl is going on vacation???  Oh NO!!

Just kidding!  From what I have witnessed just in the last couple of weeks, it is a well-deserved one!!  Have a wonderful time Daryl!!  Hopefully you will not be taking a computer!!  Oh yes - thank you for getting these all important letters and documents here and handy!  I for one really appreciate it.

I also want to thank Daryl publicly for all his hard work and effort. This Forum is one that 'had to be'.

Ozzie

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 01:03:58 AM »

Gailon Arthur Joy

Quite intresting that word about this Forum has spread like wildfire - so quickly and so far.There must be something really good here for so many to want to come and join, in such a short space of time.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:28:56 AM »

I don't know why the word vacation was used, as I am not going on vacation. :scratch:

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 06:38:59 AM »

I don't know why the word vacation was used, as I am not going on vacation. :scratch:

I got the impression the word was used to indicate that since you have done so much work in a short time that you deserved a vacation if you were so inclined...and nobody should complain about it if the next round of things that you were doing for the forum were not accomplished immediately.   :)
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 10:29:48 AM »

Well, it isn't easy to pull myself away from any unfinished task here. :D

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 11:15:31 AM »

Guess I misinterpreted - my bad!!

But Daryl, after all your work on AdventTalk and MSDAOL, it sure seems like you DESERVE a vacation!!

I got the impression the word was used to indicate that since you have done so much work in a short time that you deserved a vacation if you were so inclined...and nobody should complain about it if the next round of things that you were doing for the forum were not accomplished immediately.   :)

Johann

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 08:52:50 PM »

Guess I misinterpreted - my bad!!

But Daryl, after all your work on AdventTalk and MSDAOL, it sure seems like you DESERVE a vacation!!

Daryl deserves our gratitude.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up