Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Explosive Charges Leveled Against 3ABN on YouTube!  (Read 103006 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
Re: Explosive Charges Leveled Against 3ABN on YouTube!
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2008, 10:36:09 AM »

Hey, that sounds like fun!!  Is your dance card full sir??  Could I have the next dance??       :dogwag:

Twist and shout! Ian, if you were in the room I would have to take you out on the floor for a spin. That is the place where twisting is what its all about. LOL! All this talk about twisting has me in the mood for a dance.

And how about a game of twister. I haven't played that in years. Blue, red, geen and yellow? Those are the colors, right?

Sometimes we just need to loosen up and have some fun together. We can scrap and squabble, and we can debate lofty and debased matters, but we are all still just humans living together on a tiny speck in the middle of infinity. A little merriment would be good for our souls, individually and collectively. Collaborative merriment tends to reduce enmity so I think that it is one of the more important parts of life.

Habanero

« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2008, 12:53:29 PM »

My honor. (Where is the bowing smiley?) Hit it, DJ!

Hey, that sounds like fun!!  Is your dance card full sir??  Could I have the next dance??       :dogwag:

Twist and shout! Ian, if you were in the room I would have to take you out on the floor for a spin. That is the place where twisting is what its all about. LOL! All this talk about twisting has me in the mood for a dance.

And how about a game of twister. I haven't played that in years. Blue, red, geen and yellow? Those are the colors, right?

Sometimes we just need to loosen up and have some fun together. We can scrap and squabble, and we can debate lofty and debased matters, but we are all still just humans living together on a tiny speck in the middle of infinity. A little merriment would be good for our souls, individually and collectively. Collaborative merriment tends to reduce enmity so I think that it is one of the more important parts of life.

Habanero

« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »

A march? I suppose one could figure out some moves that would go with Sousa but I'll have to think about that one. Or is the "barn march" a dance that I don't know?

No No No, it must be the barn march!!!! :o

Emma

« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2008, 01:09:02 PM »

Is that what we call the Barn Dance in this country - the guys are in the inner circle and the ladies progress from one to the next - from memory it goes 3 steps forward, 2 back and she turns around.   

Guess it could be seen as a parable that the ladies progress and the guys stay in the same place but that would be OFF TOPIC and slightly provocative!  :oops: :australia:

GRAT

« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2008, 01:47:05 PM »

A march? I suppose one could figure out some moves that would go with Sousa but I'll have to think about that one. Or is the "barn march" a dance that I don't know?

Guess maybe I'm aging myself, but when I was in Adventist Academy some "play periods" we marched to Sousa type music and did certain moves while marching around in circles.  Vege dancing.  I can't be the only one who knows what I'm talking about. :huh:

Ozzie

« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2008, 06:37:10 PM »

Is that what we call the Barn Dance in this country - the guys are in the inner circle and the ladies progress from one to the next - from memory it goes 3 steps forward, 2 back and she turns around.   

Guess it could be seen as a parable that the ladies progress and the guys stay in the same place but that would be OFF TOPIC and slightly provocative!  :oops: :australia:

:ROFL: Surely not from you Emma?  :ROFL:  :australia:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Ozzie

« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2008, 06:44:16 PM »

Guess maybe I'm aging myself, but when I was in Adventist Academy some "play periods" we marched to Sousa type music and did certain moves while marching around in circles.  Vege dancing.  I can't be the only one who knows what I'm talking about. :huh:

Guess I'm aging too, as I'm trying to get my feet to remember the exact steps, but GRAT, I missed out on the vegan variety of dancing. I did not hear of Adventism till I was in my mid-20's  :oops:

Oh, but for the circular waltz! I could dance all night with my Dad, who was a beautiful dancer. Give all those young guys a miss, just to waltz with my dear ole Dad! Those were the days, my lad!  :oops:
  :australia:
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2008, 07:10:19 PM »

Guess I'm aging too, as I'm trying to get my feet to remember the exact steps, but GRAT, I missed out on the vegan variety of dancing. I did not hear of Adventism till I was in my mid-20's  :oops:

Oh, but for the circular waltz! I could dance all night with my Dad, who was a beautiful dancer. Give all those young guys a miss, just to waltz with my dear ole Dad! Those were the days, my lad!  :oops:
  :australia:

Way,way off topic of the thread but,My mother was not raised SDA . She was an incredible dancer before she and dad got married. Won many trophies.  I had been out with girlfriends in the evening and when I came home found my boyfriend had stopped by.

When I walked in I found mom teaching him the charleston. Funniest thing I have ever seen.

Okay, back to serious now
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »

I really want to learn to swing and jitterbug!!

Ozzie

« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2008, 02:28:27 AM »

I really want to learn to swing and jitterbug!!

Maybe, we could call it our 'Healthy Aging Exercise Club'?

Would be a lot of fun as well.
Ozzie

~ Frank Sculley.

Emma

« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2008, 03:36:12 AM »

Brilliant idea, Ozzie.  I guess I could start a thread in the Healthy Choices section.

I am of course reminded of a Garfield cartoon I saw years ago, a very overweight cat comfortably lying down, going "Puff, puff, puff" and telling himself,
"They say exercise is 50% mental effort.  I will do the physical part some other time!"

And now if we do not all get back on topic we will all be reported  :rabbit:

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2008, 04:30:13 AM »

Brilliant idea, Ozzie.  I guess I could start a thread in the Healthy Choices section.

I am of course reminded of a Garfield cartoon I saw years ago, a very overweight cat comfortably lying down, going "Puff, puff, puff" and telling himself,
"They say exercise is 50% mental effort.  I will do the physical part some other time!"

And now if we do not all get back on topic we will all be reported :rabbit:

Now, now you pair from down under. Settle pettle. We don't want to have to put anyone on report here, so just remember to behave.  :oops: :rabbit:

Healthy Choices sounds like a good place to take this Emma. An exercise class sounds good for there. Maybe, put Garfield in the first post?  :purr:

:sabbath: to all from  :australia:

Emma

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2008, 01:07:01 PM »

I will see what I can arrange, after Sabbath.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up