Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elmshaven  (Read 6844 times)

Johann

Elmshaven
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »

Have you been to Elmshaven? We visited Elmshaven twice last month.

What does Elmshaven mean to you?

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Elmshaven
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 05:14:26 PM »

Johann, you are near me! Why didn't you say so!  I am aobut anhour or so away from Elmshaven.  If I have been there it was a long time ago  I think I missed the last few church field trips.  I generally pass it by on the rare trip to PUC.......
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 03:04:31 AM »

That was 10 months ago. The impression is still with us. By visiting the Elmshaven area again - last time was about 1966 - we saw Ellen White in her home environment as a human being led by God. In her senior years she considered others - saw to it that they could have their meals when they wanted and they could also eat certain things she did not eat herself. She was not forcing her ways on others. We saw her ministerial credentials. We saw the books she read. Her barn and horse carriage, where she'd had her cow and chicken. Kitchen and toilet. We also saw the house she stayed in when she was at the Sanitarium.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »

Ooops!  you are right!  Still you were that close....sigh!  I would have loved for you to visit my church.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Johann

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 04:42:00 AM »

Or you could attend one of the churches where I preach? Far from California though!

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 11:21:26 PM »

OR you could have spoke at my church in California.  You must let me know when you are visiting again.  I am really close.  We had the gentleman from "Sure Harvest" to speak last Sabbath, he was wonderful!

Johann

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 12:49:33 PM »

I'd like to encourage you to visit Elmshaven, not like a sanctuary but as a reminder how God called a humble girl to perform a great task for him. This girl, Ellen Harmon, did not have much education, and yet she wrote about 70 volumes of material which has been like a guiding light for thousands of people.

I have met people from other churches who told me it was the reading of her book, Steps to Christ, which brought them to Christ. This is the greatest thing she did, bringing people to Christ through her preaching and her writings. And yet she kept telling people to make the Bible the most important book in their lives.

Pages: [1]   Go Up