Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2nd Letter From Mable Dunbar, President of Polly's Place Network  (Read 9618 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
2nd Letter From Mable Dunbar, President of Polly's Place Network
« on: February 08, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »

Quote from: Daryl Fawcett
Dear Mr. Pickle, Mr. Joy and Mr. Matthews:

First of all I want to commend you for seeking truth and your determination to see that justice and truth prevail in order to advance the work of the Lord. I write this letter with a heavy heart, and I am deeply troubled by some of the posts I am reading on BlackSDA.com and Save3ABN.com. It appears that there are Christians who find it difficult to accept the facts regarding the sexual abuse/molestation charges as documented. It takes great courage for victims to come forward and admit that they were molested and abused. When they do so, they need to be validated and supported for this courageous act. I would like to affirm Duane and the other victims for being bold enough to stand firm. I also want to state my appreciation to those of you who have publicly offered him support and refuse to be intimidated by threats and innuendos.

I have been counseling abused victims for over 20 years, and have seen first hand the devastating effects they experience as a result of their victimization. If there are victims out there who need to talk with someone, feel free to contact me at info@pollysplacenetwork.com.

Note the following statement which is worthy of repetition:

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991.

And so today we have individuals who are warped or wounded. They are either passing on or suffering from their affliction as a result of Satan?s agenda.

Since its creation Satan has wanted power and control over this earth. Through subtle manipulation he deceived Eve into believing that she could have power and control over her life. He told her that if she ate of the forbidden fruit she would be as a god. "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:5). So she ate it and gave it to her husband, Adam. Of course he knew that he should not have eaten the fruit but ate it any way. He made the choice to disobey God. When confronted by God about disobeying His command, neither Adam nor Eve took responsibility for their actions.

"And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself. And He said, who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?" Genesis 3:9-11.

Adam and Eve were ashamed of their nakedness, so they hid themselves. Shame tends to bring blame, so when God asked Adam to explain his behavior, he blamed Eve. "And the man said, the woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat." (Genesis 9:12) When God asked Eve what she had done, she blamed the serpent. "And the woman said, the serpent beguiled me, and I did eat." (Genesis 9:13).

It appears that certain individuals are spending time shaming and blaming victims and the people who defend them. Therefore enemy is the one who is being glorified. Shouldn't they be spending time finding out what can be done to protect our children who will pass on our legacy? While we need to offer help and support for the abusers as well, if they are not willing to admit that they have a problem and get help, there is nothing more that we can do for them. "Ephraim is joined to idols, let him alone". Hosea 4:17. Whatever dysfunctional and destructive behavior we refuse to give up in order that we can present our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and acceptable to God (Romans 12:1) becomes our idol.

I woke up this morning feeling convicted that since I proclaim to head up a network that helps victims of abuse, I could no longer be silent and allow them to be put down and humiliated. These individuals are God's precious creatures, made in His image and hold a special place in His heart. People have asked me what I think about this whole situation with 3ABN. These are my convictions: It is not good enough for me to wait until there is resolution and then take a stand. It is not good enough to keep quiet and hope that things will work out. It is not good enough for me to rationalize that if an organization is doing so much good, the bad that it practices should be ignored. It is not good enough for me to believe that since I am a church leader I should be silent in order to protect the church?s image, or my position. I don't recall reading anywhere that it is my mission or responsibility as a Christian or leader to protect the church. God is quite capable of protecting His church.

"Christ loves His church' But His love is not weakness. He will not serve with their sins or give them prosperity while they continue to follow a wrong course of action. Only by faithful repentance will their sins be forgiven; for God will not cover evil with the robe of His righteousness. He will honor faithful service. He will abundantly bless those who reveal to their fellowmen His justice, mercy, and love. Let those who are engaged in His service walk before Him in true humility, following faithfully in His footsteps cherishing the holy principles which will live through the eternal ages. Let them in word and action show that they obey the laws which are obeyed in heaven God's love for His church is infinite. His care over His heritage is unceasing." - Ellen G. White, Sons and Daughters, p. 13-14

For those of you reading BlackSDA and Save 3ABN and are convicted that you should do or say something to denounce sin, but are afraid to be identified, I would like to remind you that "to him that knoweth to do good and doeth not to him it is sin" James 4:17.

For those of us who are leaders in the church, why are we so silent? So many have remarked that they know that Linda Shelton is innocent of the charges, yet only one conference allowed her to speak in one of its churches after her denunciation on an international network. We need to take a public stand and call for truth and justice. W are all involved in this situation, none of us will escape God's judgment, "Verily, I say unto you, inasmuch as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me, and these shall go away into everlasting punishment." Matthew 25: 45-46. If you were wrongfully accused, can you trust your church to treat you fairly, in a Christian and redemptive manner? What if your answer is no?

God is all powerful, all knowing, all present. He holds the world in His hands. He wants us to be His disciples and follow His Son's example in Luke 4:18 to, "preach the gospel to the poor, heal the broken hearted, preach deliverance to the captives, recovering of sight to the blind, and set a liberty them that are bruised." Regardless of criticism, condemnation, censure or lack of support we must do His will recognizing that He is the only One who can and will save us.

Being fearful and intimidated by individuals who seem to have power, control or wealth indicates that we have more confidence in them than in God. We have been advised, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28.

"The greatest want of the world is the want of men, (women, Christians, church leaders, church members) ?men ((women, Christians, church leaders, church members) who will not be bought or sold; men (women, Christians, church leaders, church members) who their innermost souls are true and honest; men (women, Christians, church leaders, church members) who do not fear to call sin by its right name; men (women, Christians, church leaders, church members) whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole; men (women, Christians, church leaders, church members) will stand for the right, though the heaven's fall." Ellen G. White, Education, p. 57.

"Never was there greater need of faithful warnings and reproofs, and close, straight dealing, than at this very time. Satan has come down with great power, knowing that his time is short. He is flooding the world with pleasing fables, and the people of God love to have smooth things spoken to them. Sin and iniquity are not abhorred. I was shown that God?s people must make more firm, determine efforts to press back the incoming darkness. The close work of the Spirit of God is needed now as never before. Stupidity must be shaken off. We must arouse from the lethargy that will prove our destruction unless we resist it. Satan has a powerful, controlling influence upon minds. Preachers and people are in danger of being found upon the side of the power of darkness. There is no such thing as a neutral position. We are all decidedly for the right or decidedly with the wrong. There are ever to be found those who will sympathize with those who are wrong. Those who have in the fear of God ventured out to faithfully meet error and sin, calling sin by its right name, have discharged a disagreeable duty with much suffering of feelings to themselves; but they get the sympathy of but few and suffer the neglect of many. The sympathizers are on the wrong side, and they carry out the purposes of Satan to defeat the design of God." Ellen G. White, Testimonies to the Church, Vol. 3, p. 327-328.

I have been one of those individuals who can identify with the previous statement. I have wanted quick resolution, and wonder why God is taking so long to act (or so it seems). I have been disappointed that more individuals are not willing to support ministry to hurting people. The following statement brings me comfort and reminds me that God indeed is in control. ?It sometimes seems hard to wait patiently till God's time comes to vindicate the right. But I have been shown that if we become impatient we lose a rich reward. As faithful husbandmen in God's great field, we must sow with teas and be patient and hopeful. We must meet troubles and sorrows. Temptations and wearisome toil will afflict the soul, but we must patiently wait in faith to reap with joy. In the final victory God will have no use for those persons who are nowhere to be found in time of peril and danger, when the strength, courage, and influence of all are required to make a charge upon the enemy. Those who stand like faithful soldiers to battle against wrong, and to vindicate the right, warring against principalities and power, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, will each receive the commendation from the Master: "Well done, good and faithful servant: enter thou into the joy of he Lord." Testimonies, Vol. 3, p. 327. 21.

Gailon, Gregory and Bob, be encouraged. If what you are doing is wrong, God will discipline you, but if what you are doing is right, He will certainly vindicate you. To everyone reading this, it is my sincere prayer that "God will dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge that you might be filled with all the fullness of God. Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages. Amen."  Ephesians 3:17.

In Christian love

Mable Dunbar, Ph.D,
President, Polly's Place Network
Licensed Professional Counselor
Certified Domestic Violence Counselor
Certified Cognitive Behavioral Therapist
Pages: [1]   Go Up