Theology Category > Dreams & Visions

Reading the Writings of Ellen White

(1/10) > >>

Johann:
I counted it a great privilege that we used books by Ellen White as our English textbooks in school for three years. We missed some of the classic textbooks, but what did we miss? Later, at Emmanuel Missionary College, I was introduced to some of the Classic writers in our English classes. But then we were, at times in Bible classes expected to memorize whole paragraphs from her writings.

Are we sufficiently exposed to her writings - or too much - in our school systems today?

Ozzie:

--- Quote from: Johann on January 29, 2008, 04:22:32 AM ---I counted it a great privilege that we used books by Ellen White as our English textbooks in school for three years. We missed some of the classic textbooks, but what did we miss? Later, at Emmanuel Missionary College, I was introduced to some of the Classic writers in our English classes. But then we were, at times in Bible classes expected to memorize whole paragraphs from her writings.

Are we sufficiently exposed to her writings - or too much - in our school systems today?

--- End quote ---

It's quite awhile since our kids were at school, but I don't believe that kids are growing up with the exposure to SOP that many older people have memories of.

Gailon Arthur Joy:
Can there really ever be too much??? That is heresy!!!
That is the equivalent of saying that one can get too
much Bible study...another Heresy.

Gailon Arthur Joy

Johann:

--- Quote from: Gailon Arthur Joy on January 29, 2008, 09:37:18 PM ---Can there really ever be too much??? That is heresy!!!
That is the equivalent of saying that one can get too
much Bible study...another Heresy.

Gailon Arthur Joy

--- End quote ---

I'd say our exposure to the writings of Ellen White greatly expanded our world view and made it easier to understand the Bible.

Daryl Fawcett:
Didn't she refer to her writings as the lesser light leading to the greater light?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version