Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks like its Obama.........  (Read 24528 times)

reddogs

Looks like its Obama.........
« on: June 02, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »

Looks like its Obama.........

Most of the seventeen Democratic senators who have remained uncommitted throughout the primaries will endorse Barack Obama for president this week, CNN has learned.

Sources familiar with discussions between Obama supporters and these senators tell CNN’s Gloria Borger that the senators will wait until after the South Dakota and Montana primaries to announce their support for Obama.

Two sources familiar with the sessions said the endorsements will come sometime later this week.

Former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack, one of Hillary Clinton's most ardent supporters, said Sunday it's time for Hillary Clinton to acknowledge she has lost her bid for the Democratic nomination.

Vilsack, who was briefly a presidential candidate himself last year, told the Associated Press it's "pretty clear that Senator Obama is going to be the nominee."

"After Tuesday's contests, she needs to acknowledge that he's going to be the nominee and quickly get behind him," Vilsack also said........"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Johann

Re: Looks like its Obama.........
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 02:20:56 PM »

What consequences for the world and the people of God will this have? Will he be a better president than the one who seems to be supported by conservative Adventists?

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »

The bigger question is how will this affect the outcome of the Presidential Election itself between the Republican Candidate and the Democractic Candidate?

reddogs

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »

The bigger question is how will this affect the outcome of the Presidential Election itself between the Republican Candidate and the Democractic Candidate?

Well as I always say, 'God leads and we follow' and especially for America which will have a part to play in the last days, so for some reason He is allowing Obama to overcome all challenges and win at each crucial vote, against all odds........this election will be interesting to say the least....

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:39:49 AM »

I heard on the news that Hiliary Clinton is conceding, therefore, Obama will be the candidate.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24944453/

]I wouldn't count this lady out until she says she is out. Don't see how she can take the nomination, but if there is a way, she will find it

updated 19 minutes ago
CHICAGO - Hillary Rodham Clinton will concede Tuesday night that Barack Obama has the delegates to secure the Democratic nomination, campaign officials told the Associated Press, a move that would effectively end her bid to be the nation's first female president.

The report, which cited two campaign sources, said the former first lady would stop short of formally suspending or ending her race in her speech in New York City, but that for all intents and purposes the campaign was over.

The campaign quickly reacted to the report, saying that the AP report was incorrect and that Clinton would not concede the nomination tonight.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:30:25 AM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:51:16 AM »

I heard on the news that Hiliary Clinton is conceding, therefore, Obama will be the candidate.

I heard that on the radio while going for lunch, and I was stunned..

Now they are saying she wont concede.....this is going to be interesting.....

".....Sen. Hillary Clinton's is "absolutely not" prepared to concede the race for the Democratic presidential nomination to Sen. Barack Obama, her campaign chairman said.

Sen. Hillary Clinton trails Obama by 159 delegates and is 201 delegates shy of capturing the nomination.

Terry McAuliffe rejected as "100 percent" incorrect an Associated Press report that Clinton is preparing to acknowledge that Obama has the delegates to win the nomination Tuesday night as the five-month Democratic primary process comes to a close.

Obama "doesn't have the numbers today, and until someone has the numbers the race goes on," McAuliffe told CNN. ....."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/03/election.democrats/index.html

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 09:58:44 AM »

Isn't it interesting how such misinformation is presented as fact.

Time, however, will soon tell us what is going to happen.

reddogs

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 10:18:26 AM »

Isn't it interesting how such misinformation is presented as fact.

Time, however, will soon tell us what is going to happen.

It was on the Noon news reports on the radio so I picked it up as I was driving and it said Hillary would officially concede at the close of the polls tonight, and declare that Obama would be within reach of getting the necerssary special delegates to win so she was putting aside her campaign, it was all in great detail so I didnt even doubt it....they had me going for a bit.... :hamster:

reddogs

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:10:39 PM »

Hillary Clinton now wants the VP slot.............. :hot:

"...Clinton says she's ready to be Obama's VP

Sen. Hillary Clinton on Tuesday told New York lawmakers she is open to being the running mate of Sen. Barack Obama, her rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, two of the lawmakers told CNN.

Sen. Hillary Clinton trails Obama by 159 delegates and is 201 delegates shy of capturing the nomination.

1 of 2 Rep. Charles Rangel, a senior member of the New York Democratic delegation, also told CNN, "I have reason to believe she is open to the [vice president] slot."

One of the sources added that former President Clinton has been privately pushing for a couple of weeks for his wife to be No. 2 on the ticket.

On Monday night, a close friend and adviser of the former first lady told CNN Clinton will say tonight "that she will do whatever it takes" to put a Democrat in the White House. Barack Obama insiders saw that as an indication she would accept an offer to be his running mate if asked.

"In her speech [Tuesday] night, she will convey the message that first and foremost she is committed to Democrats winning in November and will do whatever she's asked to do," the Clinton adviser said....."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/03/election.democrats/index.html

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »

The question is, will she be asked?

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 09:20:45 PM »

Good point Daryl. I've just seen on the News that he has claimed victory, but Hilary has not yet conceded defeat. One very determined woman, for sure. It will be interesting to see if she is indeed, asked to be his 2IC.

reddogs

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 06:26:46 AM »

After her Robert Kennedy assasination remark, I dont know if I would ask her to be second in line to the presidency.......... :scratch:

Johann

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 07:29:39 AM »

Can we pray the Lord's will be done?

Ozzie

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »

Can we pray the Lord's will be done?

That's the most important thing Johann.

So many Ozzie (and no doubt elsewhere too), will hold a very strong allegiance to a particular party.

I look at 'issues' and how they are being dealt with, rather than aligning myself to a particular party. There's good and bad in everything.

Even at our 'small' local levels, it is a matter of prayer, to vote according to God's will.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up