Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for SIL  (Read 11623 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Prayer for SIL
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »

Please put my SIL, Jan on your prayer list. Just taken by ambulance with what appears to be a stroke. Talking with her daughter on the phone when suddenly her speech became garbled. My niece grabbed another phone and called 911. Jan is now on her way to Denver hospital by ambulance
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Johann

Re: Prayer for SIL
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:59:08 AM »

Lord, bring healing and comfort!

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 02:08:51 PM »

Praying for Jan and her family right now Bonnie. :praying: Keep us up to date on her progress.

Ozzie

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:22:34 AM »

Praying for Jan and her family right now Bonnie. :praying: Keep us up to date on her progress.

Is there any further news regrading Jan Bonnie?  :praying:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 07:47:27 AM »

Jan did have a light stroke. She will be in for another couple of days for tests and to try determine any cause they can identify.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Emma

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 12:59:41 PM »

That is good news, Bonnie, and I pray she can make a full recovery.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 07:31:05 PM »

Praying for you, Jan and her daughter and family.  Please do keep us posted.

Snoopy

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 05:21:48 AM »

Some of the daily medication my SIL takes may have played a role. It can cause problems and lead to TIA's or strokes.
My SIL had breast cancer at 31. Forget the correct definition of type but it was the most deadly form to women her age. Developing this type in much older women, progress is very, very slow.
The DR at the time said he was almost going to kill her to cure her. The last two chemo treatments were down in hospital and closely monitored as it almost did.

She is now 63 and has been cancer free since . But the tremendous strength of the chemo has led to other issues and from time to time causes problems.

Pages: [1]   Go Up