Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: know what the "loud cry" is?  (Read 7913 times)

sky

• (Not the same Sky at Maritime)
know what the "loud cry" is?
« on: June 12, 2008, 10:01:20 AM »

For the record, Mrs. White clearly stated in Bible Commentary, Vol.7, p.984, that the loud cry of the third angel's message (righteousness by faith) had already begun in 1888 within the Adventist church before it was to swell into the loud cry to the world. Every informed adventist understands that. The loud cry message of the righteousness of Christ by faith in His merits must be proclaimed to the professed people of God one more time before the message goes as the loud cry to the world... this is the time of the latter rain just as the message borne by the disciples at Pentecost was addressed to the professed people of God before it ever went to the Gentiles and that didn't happen until after the great persecution in A.D.34. Every informed adventist understands that.

The loud cry to the Jewish church lasted from A.D.31 to A.D.34 beginning at Pentecost and ending with the stoning of Stephen. It is a well known fact that the Jews sealed their rejection of God's mercy in A.D.34 as they turned upon the bearers of the message. Acts 8:1. So it will be in these last days. The loud cry message of the righteousness of Christ by faith in His merits and submission to the voice of His word must first be proclaimed within the churches that profess to believe present truth and then that message will swell into the loud cry to the world... Again "Persecution will spread the light." D.A.354. Persecution within Modern Israel will force the bearers of the message to leave the churches they love to go out to the world. Probation will then close on Modern Israel as it closed on Ancient Israel in A.D.34 if she rejects this last message of mercy and persecute those who would proclaim it in demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit.

Here is the evidence that the loud cry message must first be proclaimed within the professed church of Christ before it goes as the loud cry to the world. Reflecting on the message of Elders Jones and Waggoner, beginning in 1888, Mrs. White wrote:

"The time of test is just upon us, for the loud cry of the third angel has already begun in the revelation of the righteousness of Christ, the sin-pardoning Redeemer. This is the beginning of the light of the angel whose glory shall fill the whole earth." E.G. White, Bible Commentary, Vol.7, p.984.

Therefore the loud cry message of the righteousness of Christ must first be sounded within the churches that profess to believe present truth before it swells as the loud cry to the world. This will be the last message of mercy to Modern Israel just as the message borne by Christ's disciples at Pentecost was addressed to the Jewish people only.

This is also confirmed in the book Testimonies to Ministers, p.92.

sky

The statement from Testimonies to Ministers, p.92 which prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that the loud cry of the message of the righteousness of Christ by faith in His merits first began within the adventist church in 1888:

"The Lord in His great mercy sent a most precious message to His people through Elders Waggoner and Jones. It presented justification by faith... it invited the people to receive the righteousness of Christ which is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God. Many had lost sight of Jesus. They needed to have their eyes directed to His divine person, to His merits, and to His changeless love for the human family. This is the message that God commanded to be given to the world. It is the third angel's message which is to be proclaimed with a loud voice and attended with the power of the Holy Spirit in large measure."

This statement comes from a 10 page section entitled "Rejecting the Light" having the 1888 message of the righteousness of Christ by faith in His merits in mind.

Notice these words: "The sinner is justified through the merits of Jesus." Faith and Works, p.107. "We are to be transformed (sanctified) through the merits of Christ." E.G. White, Our Father Cares, p.204.

"Through the merits of Christ we may find the approval of God." Our Father Cares, p.122.

"You cannot explain this faith that lays right hold upon the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour to bring Christ's righteousness into the life. Clothed with His righteousness and not your own righteousness, you will not depend upon what you can do or what you will do..." for "Christ's righteousness accomplishes everything." F.W.65,66,27.

sky

The loud cry message of the righteousness of Christ by appropriating His merits by faith through submission to the Voice of His Word:

"You cannot explain this faith that lays right hold upon the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour to bring Christ's righteousness into the life. Clothed with His righteousness and not your own righteousness, you will not depend upon what you can do or what you will do..." for "Christ's righteousness accomplishes everything." F.W.65,66,27.

As we rely solely upon the merits of Christ for our acceptance with God, the Lord anoints our ears that we may hear His voice in His commandments that we may be filled with His righteousness, for "All His commandments are righteousness." Psalm 119:172. "All the words of My mouth are with righteousness." Prov.8:8. "The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness." Isa.45:23.

"The words and commands of God are Spirit and they are life. There is in them power to bring into subjection (all our inherited and cultivated tendencies to evil) and enforce obedience (thus impressing Christ's own character upon us)." Testimonies, Vol.1, p.361; Desire of Ages, p.671.

"His power, His very life, dwells in His word. Receive the word in faith and it will give you power to obey." Mount of Blessing, p.150.

Thus, "The reception of the Word, the bread of Heaven, is declared to be the reception of Christ Himself." RH. Vol.3, p.519.

"We receive Christ through His word," "not written merely, but spoken." M.B.112; M.H.122; 6 T 393.

sky

Johann

Re: know what the "loud cry" is?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:21:57 AM »

But some will object, I think I can do quite a bit of this myself. I have attended SDA schools, know all the doctrines,  I can make a check list and see how far I have reached, and then I'll do even better the tomorrow.

If I can't measure up full, I'll ask the Lord to forgive me.

How does that compare with the Loud Cry message?
Pages: [1]   Go Up