Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgiveness-What each Of Us Needs To Do  (Read 21311 times)

Ozzie

Re: Forgiveness-What each Of Us Needs To Do
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 10:54:52 PM »

Thank You Ozzie. I am not sure that some even realize what they are doing. They have such a narrow focus and it is a biblical focus, so how can it be wrong?
I think that it would surprise the "preachers of forgiveness first by the abused" that if they just listened with a compassionate ear, they wouldn't even have to open their mouth concerning forgiveness. It would come.

Absolutely Bonnie. Why can't they 'get it'?
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

GrammieT

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 06:48:39 AM »

Thank You Ozzie. I am not sure that some even realize what they are doing. They have such a narrow focus and it is a biblical focus, so how can it be wrong?
I think that it would surprise the "preachers of forgiveness first by the abused" that if they just listened with a compassionate ear, they wouldn't even have to open their mouth concerning forgiveness. It would come.

Absolutely Bonnie. Why can't they 'get it'?

Dear Bonnie and Ozzie:   :amen:

Maybe it's because they're too busy denying that they just might have seen something significant that they should have dealt with; ignoring the pained demeanor of the victim; and 'protecting the Church from scandal'??!!   :rabbit:   :hot:

My heart is so heavy!    :'(

GrammieT

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 08:05:28 AM »

Dear Bonnie and Ozzie:   :amen:

Maybe it's because they're too busy denying that they just might have seen something significant that they should have dealt with; ignoring the pained demeanor of the victim; and 'protecting the Church from scandal'??!!   :rabbit:   :hot:

My heart is so heavy!    :'(

GrammieT

It is so easy and neat and tidy to go to the hoped for actions by any that have become victims. If they acknowledge a perpetrator and his/her sins that they must account for and seek forgiveness,it becomes more difficult. Requiring far more than most are willing to give.
I think sometimes that those that do this are convinced that if they show themselves righteous enough and preach forgiveness by the victim, God will ignore those "little,itty,bitty" ones of theirs

As to what you see and here on this topic,I can only conclude the Good Samaritan was wrong. He needed to first preach to the injured party on forgiving his attackers. Then he would have been worthy of aid 
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up