Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Udon Noodles with Gingered Bok Choy  (Read 5502 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Udon Noodles with Gingered Bok Choy
« on: June 25, 2008, 07:26:40 PM »

Personally, I could live on Oriental food. My husband likes more noodles and I like more veggies. I usually do not measure when I cook, but here is a recipe from Vegetarian Times magazine, October 2003

Udon Noodles with Gingered Bok Choy

Serves 4

For this quick-as-a-snap vegetable dish, use baby bok choy if available. Otherwise, substitute the mature heads.

8 oz. uncooked soba noodles
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 Tbs. cornstarch
2 Tbs. vegetable oil, or more as needed
8 oz. tofu, cubed
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 Tbs. freshly grated ginger
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1 lb. baby bok choy, rinsed, trimmed and leaves separated
1/2 cup vegetable stock

Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.

Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, water and cornstarch in small bowl; stir well, and set aside.

Heat oil in large wok or skillet over medium heat. When hot, add tofu and mushrooms, and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and bok choy, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add soy sauce mixture and vegetable stock, and continue to cook until bok choy is softened and mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.

To serve, place portion of noodles on individual plates, and top with portion of bok choy and tofu.

Ozzie

Re: Udon Noodles with Gingered Bok Choy
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »

This sounds delicious Sister. I too, would be very happy to 'live on' Oriental food.  ;D

Now, as we don't have any cooking facilities in our Units (our meals are prepared for us), I'm thinking of boarding my broomstick, flying over and inviting myself to your homes, to taste some of the delicious recipes I've been reading here.  :puppykisses:

I'm drooling at the thought of these tasty meals.
  :australia:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:10:44 AM »

Fly, Ozzie, fly. You wouldn't be the first guest we have had where our first meeting was when they arrived. :pals:

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:17:57 AM »

This sounds delicious Sister. I too, would be very happy to 'live on' Oriental food.  ;D

Now, as we don't have any cooking facilities in our Units (our meals are prepared for us), I'm thinking of boarding my broomstick, flying over and inviting myself to your homes, to taste some of the delicious recipes I've been reading here.  :puppykisses:

I'm drooling at the thought of these tasty meals.
  :australia:

Would love to have you Ozzie. I am an oriental food lover to. This sounds good
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Emma

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:26:57 AM »

Most of the cooking in this household is "oriental" - Indonesian with a dash of Chinese.  I guess if Ozzie directed her broomstick this way it would not be as long a
trip as over the Pacific. Of course if you give a little warning, Bonnie and Sister are welcome to a meal too.  :australia:

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 09:28:43 AM »

Most of the cooking in this household is "oriental" - Indonesian with a dash of Chinese.  I guess if Ozzie directed her broomstick this way it would not be as long a
trip as over the Pacific. Of course if you give a little warning, Bonnie and Sister are welcome to a meal too.  :australia:

I have to get a motor for my broom and then on the way. Swing around and will pick up the other two :thumbsup:
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Ozzie

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 05:15:30 PM »

i

That sounds very tempting too Emma. Will have to wait for a little warmer weather though. At the moment, the ice would freeze the straws in my broom, and would likely give me a heavy landing!  :ROFL:  :australia:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Emma

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 01:45:04 AM »

I have to get a motor for my broom and then on the way. Swing around and will pick up the other two :thumbsup:

Will look forward to it, Bonnie  :rabbit:
Pages: [1]   Go Up