Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Advent Talk, a place for members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church! 

Feel free to invite your friends to come here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snuggy Pillows  (Read 12041 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Snuggy Pillows
« on: June 24, 2008, 05:54:11 PM »

If you have small children on your christmas list or just for yourself,you can't beat snuggy pillows for coast and "customer Appeciation"

For children, not under one year a 12x12 size is great and easy for them to snuggle with.
 2-12 x 12 squares of fabric   Sew three sides together, then channel the square into 4-5 channels so flax seed/corn/rise etc does not all end up on the bottom. Fill to about 3/4 full. SEw top shut.
Use minkee fabric(my favorite) it is unbelievably soft or any fabric you wish. Make envelope style to provide a covering for the heat pack. Add scent if desired

Pop in microwave(take envelope covering off) for 2 minutes on each side, or till the desired temperature.

A cranky toddler will amaze you at how fast he will settle down snuggled up to his snuggy pillow.

Adults like them to, but we don't tell anyone it is a snuggy pillow. Try one after a stressful day, when you just can't relax and fall asleep. A lightly scented warm pillow is just what the Dr ordered.

The one below was for one of my big kids that thought she needed a snuggy
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:27:11 PM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

W.I.L.T

Re: Snuggy Pillows
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 10:46:23 PM »

Thanks for the interesting idea.

I think I'll try lavendar and rosemary scents.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 06:16:18 AM »

I think I'll try lavender and rosemary scents.

Those are two of the most popular scents. I prefer to use flaxseed, but any of the mentioned work well.
When I get the time there is another I can show you for feet.
It is the cozy toes. Perfect for the elderly or the sedentary as both feet slip inside and rest on the warm flaxseed. It will not slip off due to movement and the elderly with poor circulation love it as their extremities are always cold
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Ozzie

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:26:16 PM »

Those are two of the most popular scents. I prefer to use flaxseed, but any of the mentioned work well.
It is the cozy toes. Perfect for the elderly or the sedentary as both feet slip inside and rest on the warm flaxseed. It will not slip off due to movement and the elderly with poor circulation love it as their extremities are always cold

I NEED those cozy toes Bonnie -  not that I admit to being elderly, but I am not very mobile and ALWAYS have cold feet.  :puppykisses:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 03:21:30 PM »

I NEED those cozy toes Bonnie -  not that I admit to being elderly, but I am not very mobile and ALWAYS have cold feet.  :puppykisses:

Send me privately your home address. I will be happy to send you one. Just make sure that you keep your eye one it . When people get done chuckling they decide it is just the thing
Pages: [1]   Go Up