Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orange Julias  (Read 6262 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Orange Julias
« on: June 27, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »

For those of you who like me are allergic to dairy products or just want a tasty summer drink, enjoy the following recipe. It is based on the famous Orange Julias drink that originated in southern California.

Orange Julias (dairy free)

1 C water
1 C soymilk
6 oz frozen OJ concentrate
8 ice cubes
1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla

Mix well in Blender

W.I.L.T

Re: Orange Julias
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 05:42:03 PM »

Thank you, for the dairy free recipe!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 06:05:38 PM »

For those of you who like me are allergic to dairy products or just want a tasty summer drink, enjoy the following recipe. It is based on the famous Orange Julias drink that originated in southern California.

1 C water
1 C soymilk
8 ice cubes
1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla

Mix well in Blender

Sounded so good I went to the store and bought soy milk and forzen orange juice. I am trying to wean myself of of dairy bit by bit.
Long process as No one  gets between me and my milk. I wonder what honey would taste like instead of sugar. Or if it would mix well in blender
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »

1 C water
1 C soymilk
8 ice cubes
1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla

Mix well in Blender

Sounded so good I went to the store and bought soy milk and forzen orange juice. I am trying to wean myself of of dairy bit by bit.
Long process as No one  gets between me and my milk. I wonder what honey would taste like instead of sugar. Or if it would mix well in blender

Bonnie, I think honey or any other sweetener would work fine, of course it would change the taste a bit and remember that honey has about twice the sweetening concentration as sugar, so you might try decreasing the amount. Honey should mix fine in the blender.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 07:00:08 PM »

Bonnie, I think honey or any other sweetener would work fine, of course it would change the taste a bit and remember that honey has about twice the sweetening concentration as sugar, so you might try decreasing the amount. Honey should mix fine in the blender.

Tried this today and it was really good. Even my husband didn't turn his nose up at the soy milk. Even got him to drink a bit of the milk plain.

This is really, really good
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »

Tried this today and it was really good. Even my husband didn't turn his nose up at the soy milk. Even got him to drink a bit of the milk plain.

Bonnie, I am glad this worked so well for you and your hubby. What did you do about the sweetener?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 07:15:25 PM »

Some sugar the first time, but not as much as called for. I am going to use honey the next time

Bonnie, I am glad this worked so well for you and your hubby. What did you do about the sweetener?
Pages: [1]   Go Up