Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for My Mom & Me  (Read 17681 times)

mfc10

Prayer for My Mom & Me
« on: July 03, 2008, 04:42:03 PM »

Dear friends,

Please pray that my elderly mother & I will soon find resolution for a bladder-related problem we have simultaneously. We are praying & putting our hope in the Lord, but sometimes we get discouraged and worried. :'(

Thank you so much!!
Maggie

Emma

Re: Prayer for My Mom & Me
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »

Hi Maggie

I am happy to pray for you and your mother about your problem.  Have you sought medical advice - sometimes there are effective solutions available for these problems.

God bless you both

Emma

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:29:37 PM »

Hey Maggie -

I'm praying for you, too!

Snoopy

mfc10

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 06:50:56 AM »

Thank you for your prayers! We are trying to avoid antibiotics right now, because Mom tends to be allergic to so many things (and gets very bad hives) and I just don't like being on them in general. But if we must, we will do it together & pray we don't have bad reactions this time and that it actually would take care of the problem we experience.
 :TY:
Thanks again & God bless!
Maggie

Emma

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »

Are you using cranberry juice or tablets?  That can be of benefit in bladder infections.

mfc10

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »

Hi, Emma: We are using d-mannose, which is supposed to be stronger-acting than cranberry in keeping bacteria off the bladder walls (or in knocking off ones already there!). We're also taking a special brand of aloe vera capsules to sooth the bladder lining. Marshmallow-root tea for that, too.

Thanks! Here's hoping!!
Maggie

Emma

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »

I hope those things are helpful - but do be careful, if there is any sign that the infection has spread beyond the bladder to the kidneys - loin pain, fever, chills  - further treatment may be needed.

W.I.L.T

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »

Hey Maggie,

I'll keep you both in my prayers.

W.I.L.T

mfc10

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 04:44:19 PM »

Thanks again, everyone! Mom did end up having to take Bactrim for 7 days--she's on her last 3 pills now, and has not had an adverse reaction (which she feared). My problems may be stemming from lack of estrogen (I'm menopausal), so my gyn is helping with that. I'm really hoping/praying the answer for me could be that simple.
I'll keep you posted! :TY:

Maggie

Emma

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »

Hi Maggie

I am glad your Mother is doing better and hope your problems are improved soon too.

Emma

Johann

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »

Thankful that some thing improve. 

guide4him

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 08:49:10 PM »

Just found this post. Will be praying for full recovery. A suggestion when having to take anti-biotics is to take either acidophilus (spelling?) or take yogurt daily till the meds are finished. My MD has suggested that often. That will make sure your bowels won't be giving you problems next. This helps keep the good flora and fauna alive and well while killing off the bad nasty germs.

mfc10

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 07:53:46 PM »

Thanks! I do have to take amoxicillin for 7 days....bacteria was found--rats. I do take lactobacilli in several forms & will "double up" for sure while on the antibiotic. Here's hoping & praying...

Hugs,
Maggie

mfc10

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 03:16:08 PM »

Dear Friends:

Hello again! My mom is doing much better. Thank you for your prayers!

Me? Not so great. My lab tests came back positive for a hard-to-find bacteria, and for some reason I can't fathom, I only took the antibiotic for 3 of the 7 days & stopped because I wanted to try natural remedies instead. But the symptoms returned even worse, so I went to the doctor today & he's going to put me on a very similar antibiotic (same family, but stronger formula) in case resistance might've developed in the 56 hours I was off of it. I won't get the results of my new culture & susceptibility tests til early next week ---so I am praying really hard that the bug is still susceptible (not resistant to) this antibiotic. Please pray that my new test results will show something we can treat with the antibiotics. This is all sooo confusing, and I am totally in God's hands on this one. Your continuing prayers are so appreciated!

Thanks again. I just want to be better so I can be a blessing to others! :praying:
Hugs,
Maggie

Ozzie

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »

Dear Friends:

Hello again! My mom is doing much better. Thank you for your prayers!

Me? Not so great. My lab tests came back positive for a hard-to-find bacteria, and for some reason I can't fathom, I only took the antibiotic for 3 of the 7 days & stopped because I wanted to try natural remedies instead. But the symptoms returned even worse, so I went to the doctor today & he's going to put me on a very similar antibiotic (same family, but stronger formula) in case resistance might've developed in the 56 hours I was off of it. I won't get the results of my new culture & susceptibility tests til early next week ---so I am praying really hard that the bug is still susceptible (not resistant to) this antibiotic. Please pray that my new test results will show something we can treat with the antibiotics. This is all sooo confusing, and I am totally in God's hands on this one. Your continuing prayers are so appreciated!

Thanks again. I just want to be better so I can be a blessing to others! :praying:
Hugs,
Maggie

Unfortunately, this is a mistake that many make and which leads to many problems.

Please Maggie, stay with what you doctor has advised you, till you complete the treatment, and I think that you will be a lot better off.

I'm glad that your mother is feeling better and hope that you are soon improving as well. But, this time, please stay on the antibiotics as long as the doctor tells you to.
  :praying:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up