Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down

Author Topic: Answers to Posts from the Other Yahoo Site  (Read 179366 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: Answers to Posts from the Other Yahoo Site
« Reply #405 on: July 31, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »

This is the paragraph that you keep conveniently editing to suit your own fantasies:

"Sometime in late 1985 or early 1986, Tommy came to me and said he had an unusual medical problem and asked for my help. I was shocked. I had previously been told by two other young men that he had said the same thing to them, but I could not believe that they were telling me the truth, even though they told me identical stories at two different times. Now I was hearing these words from my pastor. I felt trapped. I wanted to say something right then, but I didn't. I had vigorously defended him against allegations in the past, and had even lost friends because of it. I had written a letter saying nothing had happened to me. I had told the police nothing happened. Now, here I was, 19 years old, with NO ONE I felt I could talk to about it."

Why are you so obsessed with this one issue? Sounds like you might be afraid of losing some money.
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
Re: Duane Clem can you help explain here?
« Reply #406 on: July 31, 2010, 12:43:07 PM »

Whether it was in late 1985 or early 1986 doesn't matter. Those "next few months" were after he resigned on Sept 15, 1985 and had his ministerial liscence suspended, and you claimed
"When the General Assembly of the Church of God in Illinois decided to suspend Tommy's ministerial credentials in 1985, [October 25, 1985] I was one of several who wrote a letter in his defense. I was also questioned by a detective at the West Frankfort Police Department. I had been on a few overnight trips with him, and gave testimony that nothing had happened that would substantiate the allegations being made against him. At the time, this was true.
Those "next few months" starting after Oct 25, 1985 or early 1986 fall in the time period when he was NOT your Pastor, nor anyone's Pastor. The Documented facts are that  Tommy was employed helping build 3ABN for the next 9 mos and did not become a Pastor again till after that when A.J Mitchell, representing the Ezra Church of God, came and asked him to return. You do not and have not ever said you were abused during that time frame.

I don't understand how you can steadfastly keep calling me a liar for going by your own time frame and statement, and insist he abused you while he was your Pastor and refuse to explain how that is possible. But since you refuse to answer or explain, this discrepancy in your own testimony, I have no reason to change mine, or apologize, so I guess you can just carry on with your name calling and insults.

Laters...

Do you honestly think I have posted everything that ever happened? There are some things too disgusting to share even in a private message. If I was to post the entire story it would be deleted immediately, and very well should be. I have a feeling you already KNOW everything that happened, don't you? You certainly have a lot of first hand knowledge, things that only those directly involved would know.

There is NO discrepancy in my statement (it's not testimony). You just don't have all the information to make an informed judgment about what I have said. I hope you're not holding your breath, because you're not getting it from me.

Everyone here can see right through what you're trying to do. Give it a rest. You're fooling no one.
Duane Clem

Pat Williams

« Reply #407 on: July 31, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »

This is the paragraph that you keep conveniently editing to suit your own fantasies:

"Sometime in late 1985 or early 1986, Tommy came to me and said he had an unusual medical problem and asked for my help. I was shocked. I had previously been told by two other young men that he had said the same thing to them, but I could not believe that they were telling me the truth, even though they told me identical stories at two different times. Now I was hearing these words from my pastor. I felt trapped. I wanted to say something right then, but I didn't. I had vigorously defended him against allegations in the past, and had even lost friends because of it. I had written a letter saying nothing had happened to me. I had told the police nothing happened. Now, here I was, 19 years old, with NO ONE I felt I could talk to about it."

Why are you so obsessed with this one issue? Sounds like you might be afraid of losing some money.

I was only speaking about the legal precedents in regards to a criminal or civil suit as you have none. None of that was relevant, nor may I add, has it been proven.

Johann bumped this thread, and I was correcting lawsuit happy Gailon Joy's false statements, in one of the last posts in it in regards to there being no legal precedent for you to join him in his class action lawsuit. (see original post below) Then you and Bob arrived and started insulting and name calling.  It appears to me that it is you who may be afraid of losing some money. I am not involved  in anyway and have nothing to lose or be sued for, Duane. I have to go meet my family now, Good-bye.

Thanks for bumping this thread Johann...

This subject needs to be dropped.

You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Walt Thompson, quite frankly, doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. If he wants the facts, why doesn't he call me or some of the other victims, as he should have done to begin with?

Say what you want....I can't quite get my mind around a 20 year old man being a victim.

Well, SAM,
How about a 20 year old man being required to "help" his pastor who also was the boss at 3ABN...seems it crosses the line, doesn't SAM?

Better get on it before you miss the most obvious sexual misconduct story of your career!!! Me thinks it may have qualified as "sexual harrassment", what do you think SAM??? You are the expert!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy

Just so set the record straight Joy. Duane Clem has zero claims to file against Tommy Shelton, or 3ABN, and I am not talking about the expired statute of limitations. Clem was of age, and he consented and even travelled on his own to meet a man who was not his Pastor, nor a Pastor at all,  nor was he Clem's boss at 3ABN, when Clem alleges he was abused by him.

Here's some dates, and Clem's statement to verify that.

While Tommy is his Pastor, his Principal, and his Counsellor - NOTHING HAPPENED:

Clem:
  "Tommy Shelton was my pastor for many years at the Ezra Church of God in West Frankfort, IL. I began attending with my mother, sister and two brothers around 1974 or so, and my father became a Christian and began coming with us shortly after I graduated from high school in 1984. Tommy and I were never really close until I began attending the Christian school our church operated. Over the next few years, we would spend a lot of time talking, as I was dealing with depression issues and he was counseling me.When the General Assembly of the Church of God in Illinois decided to suspend Tommy's ministerial credentials in 1985, I was one of several who wrote a letter in his defense. I was also questioned by a detective at the West Frankfort Police Department. I had been on a few overnight trips with him, and gave testimony that nothing had happened that would substantiate the allegations being made against him. At the time, this was true."

Tommy Shelton letter Feb 2007:
The facts are, the first allegation was made in September of 1985 and my credentials were suspended on October 25, 1985 without anyone contacting me (IGA did not follow Matt. 18) The next correspondence I have with the committee in my records is dated January 29, 1987 – over a year later.
On a tape previously mentioned taped at Ezra Church of God in 2001, Pastor Dryden states that

I erred in not resigning when accusations were first made. He says my sin was the sin of division because of not resigning.

I did resign immediately upon hearing of accusations. I resigned the church and a pastor from the First Church of God who had just resigned that church, came to be the interim pastor...For at least the next 9 months I did not preach and I ceased activities in the Church of God as instructed. I worked at 3ABN during that time, in construction, as it was just being built at the time.

Confirmed:
..a letter dated Nov. 1, 1985 from one of the pillars of the church [Ezra COG]to the General Assembly of the Church of God in Illinois .........”.I might bring to your attention, now, that Brother Tommy resigned as Pastor from the Ezra Church of God , Sept. 15, 1985"

Clem:
Sometime in late 1985 or early 1986, Tommy came to me..and asked for my help....Over the next few months, Tommy and I would meet at his house, the church, the original 3ABN building, and even one night on a back country road, anywhere he thought no one would see us. There was a lot of inappropriate touching, but nothing further. He wanted much more out of it, but I couldn't let it happen because in my heart I knew it wasn't right. I was wrestling with thoughts like "What if someone finds out?...On one occasion, I had been hired by a television and appliance rent-to-own company as an assistant manager, and was to travel to the main office about an hour away for two days of training. The company said they would get me a motel room so I wouldn't have to drive back and forth. ...Finally, he said he realized that I was uncomfortable and decided we shouldn't be doing this. It was like a thousand pound weight was gone.

No, I am not defending what did happen. It was wrong. There's just no reason to believe or promote lies.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:53:29 PM by Pat Williams »

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #408 on: July 31, 2010, 01:33:02 PM »

Who started all the talk about a civil suit? It certainly wasn't me.

And, by the way, you people have a big surprise coming as far as the statute of limitations is concerned, too.
Duane Clem

guide4him

« Reply #409 on: July 31, 2010, 02:11:26 PM »

Duane, Yes it does look as if "Pat Williams" does have a stake in this situation. You hang in there. You do have a lot of people standing behind you in support. I agree with 'power of authority no matter the age of the victim whether they are underage or adults'.

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member
« Reply #410 on: August 01, 2010, 05:27:54 AM »

Duane, Yes it does look as if "Pat Williams" does have a stake in this situation. You hang in there. You do have a lot of people standing behind you in support. I agree with 'power of authority no matter the age of the victim whether they are underage or adults'.
I find it interesting that "Pat" is so bent on telling everyone that I have "no case" even though I have said nothing about any kind of litigation. Why else would someone be so edgy about it unless they were on the hook to lose some money?

"Pat Williams" is a liar, and she knows she's lying. It's a thinly veiled attempt to get me to release information. Sorry "Pat", I've known the Shelton tactics for years now. The playbook hasn't changed, so it's really easy to spot now.

BTW, why are you still hiding in fear? Can't you back up what you say? Thought not.
Duane Clem

Johann

« Reply #411 on: August 01, 2010, 06:50:20 AM »

NO, I am not defending a child abuser, nor attacking victims of child molestion here. ok?

Can you prove that?

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #412 on: August 01, 2010, 08:03:43 AM »

Williams,
What are you doing then, you are drilling like your the fact finder to spin, twist, and Harass until you can get a misplaced word to use against no way out situation for you. Your exhausting efforts are very plain to understand. Yes you are Harassing. 

The one document was so sickening that it was enough proof for me that this TS perp did exactely that. No innocent and unexperience young person can think of such idiot, stupid way to down an unsuspecting situation.  How much more do you want these victims to come up with more of the same. Enough was said to make anyone a beliver. To tell anymore outside of court is that You must like throwing up. Or have you no conscience or noodles for cooking? You don't fool me one bit who you are. It is intimate enough to know and desperate enough to see.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #413 on: August 01, 2010, 12:10:46 PM »

Pat & ...;

Your posts are making me literally sick.  Leave Duane and all others alone!  Can I ask what business do you have even speaking to him.  I can't help but think you will  find yourself right in the middle of this mess.  You really need to stop tampering with witnesses and probable witnesses.  Your emails will convict you.

I don't have special links to the Heavenly Father that you all don't have also; however,  I must pray. 

Dear Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ our Savior, I ask that you intervene in these matters.  Tommy is sorry for what he has done, but has he turned away from his sin for the future.  Only You know his heart.   Thank you for intervening and stopping Tommy and seeing that other innocent children's lives are not ruined!  Father, I have prayed this prayer so many times over the passed 6 years.  I thank you Father for bring this issue front and center to clear the way to Danny, Walt, Brenda, Mollie... or do you still need more time to expose even more?  Thank you for hearing my prayer in Jesus' name.  I love you. Fran

Now, I will deal with the fallen.  Satan, get thee behind us!  Your tactics are showing!  You are not welcome here.

These last posts show me that Danny has not repented and turned away from his sin.  He is still is doing his normal activities, destroying as many people as possible.  It is time Lord.

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #414 on: August 02, 2010, 05:40:59 AM »

Go ahead, be a man and a Christian, and admit that Tommy was wrong in saying that, and in not telling the assassinators he knew about to cool it. It is evil and wicked to try to assassinate the characters of those you know were the victims of iniquitous practices, and it is evil and wicked for the perpetrator to just stand by and let it happen without protest.

Well that was most likely why he was calling it sad, and saying they were being victimized. He didn't say he knew who those doing so were,  Bob. I doubt he did. You added that part to condemn him because you are an accuser and always believe the worst of all people. You might try asking for help with that. It's not good.

My point is that Tommy let it happen without protest. Assuming that Tommy did not know and could not find out the identities of any of the assassinators, which I doubt, quote for me from his open letter where he condemned the assassinators for their smearing of his victims.

Quote from: Tommy Shelton
Sad to say, some of the people whose names Pastor Dryden released to the internet group, are now going through character assassination themselves because of their statements, by people who knew them "way back when" and have reason to doubt their testimony. His actions of hurt are far more reaching than just "bringing me down."

That's what you quoted Tommy as writing. It's weird.

Tommy is saying, "Dryden should never have released the names of my victims because they're all liars and now they're being brought down too." No hint of repentance or remorse on his part. Not a shred of an interest in defending his victims from being victimized again. Only an attempt on his own part to suggest to his readers that all his alleged victims are liars.

Has Tommy changed his attitude since February 2007? If so, we can rejoice. But your coming on here and trying to continue smearing Tommy Shelton's victims suggests that his heart has not changed at all.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Duane Clem can you help explain here?
« Reply #415 on: August 02, 2010, 09:44:37 AM »

I posted this apology somewhere else before I saw this thread.

I apologize for making that misstatement.  Duane is not to blame, I am for not reading more carefully.  I have to admit with the rush of new information/members I have been a bit confused, and that I was always a bit confused about the timeline of the abuses by TS.  Forgive me for speaking before I understood fully.  I am sorry for any confusion I might have caused.

That being said, Pat, please don't twist or use my statements to support anything you have to say in defene of TS, it is a sick mind who defends a molester.  HE IS WRONG and being ocnvicted for his crimes, against two young men who were children at the time.  His family needs to shut allthis down and get him the help he needs, while on probation, etc. It only helps TS to stay in the mind of denial.  Even if Duane wasn't a minor, TS abused his position of authority as pastor/even ex-pastor.  God has made that office a position of authority and TS abused that position.  Tha can happen with a grown person, also.

No, Duane Clem, it is you who doesn't get it. I don't need your answer here. It is Princessdi, you needs you to explain to as she is confused about what she thinks you said. You should have done so without me asking. To allow her to continue believing the lie that you were molested as a minor by Tommy Shelton when you could easily correct that is dead wrong. To be spiteful to me and insult me calling me coward,  rather than doing the right thing and just posting to her and explaining is wrong, there are no ifs ands or buts about that.

You're not all that smart, are you? You aren't getting any answers from  me. I don't give explanations to cowards. How many times do I have to say it before you finally comprehend?

Duane, see this is what I was talking about before and how you interjecting yourself into the child molestation topics and talking about being a victim confuses people.

Could you please explain here and clear up the confusion?

Did you say something occurred when you were a minor? because Princessdi says you did and she's gotto go with what you say...

Yes, I read it, and Duane's reply that he said something "did" happen when he when he was a minor. he's the victim, he was there, I gotta to with him on this one.  

And because of that she is now also falsely accusing me of attacking a victim of child abuse after "you" a victim of child abuse told "me" that you were abused as a child. Now how sad is this?

Pat, when a victim of child abuse tells you he was abused as a child and you call him a liar....you are attacking a victim of child abuse.  [/color]

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 09:55:46 AM by princessdi »
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up