Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A recipe from down under: Paperbark Smoked Vegetables  (Read 2800 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
A recipe from down under: Paperbark Smoked Vegetables
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:44:27 AM »

Paperbark Smoked Vegetables from Chef Benjamin Christie www.benjaminchristie.com

About this recipe:

Often some of the best dishes are developed under pressure in the kitchen and this paperbark smoked vegetable parcel is no exception. During the Australian Gala Dinner at the Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket we had to develop a vegetarian degustation menu for a VIP guest whom just walked in without a reservation. As we were already wrapping the baby barramundi for the menu anyway we thought why not sear off some fresh vegetables, then wrap it in paperbark and then finish on the grill. It turned out to be a crowd pleaser and I must say it will make it on to every promotional menu we do from now on.

Ingredients

4 sheets of paperbark
1 large eggplant
5-6 kipfler potatoes or sweet potato
1 red capsicum
1 yellow capsicum
2 green zucchini
8 spears of asparagus
8 spears of baby corn
10g (2 teaspoons) wildfire spice
60ml (4 tablespoons) bush tomato chutney
60g (4 tablespoons) toasted macadamia nuts

Cooking instruction

Slice thick slices of the kipfler potatoes and steam till medium, remove and allow to cool. Slice the eggplant and zucchini, then lightly char grill, then remove and allow to cool. Also slice and chargrill the capsicums to remove the skin, then allow to cool.

Lay out the paperbark stringy side down and lightly spray with canola oil to prevent sticking. In the centre of the paperbark sheet, begin to layer the vegetables starting with kipfler potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, capsicum ensure a little wildfire spice is dusted on each vegetable. Top with 2 spears of asparagus and baby corn. Then wrap the vegetables in the paperbark and tie tightly with twine to prevent any moisture escaping at each end.

Seal all sides of the paperbark parcel on the grill and finish in a hot oven for 14 minutes. Place on a plate, then cut the twine off each end and open the Paperbark Smoked Vegetable Parcel, and top with some Bush Tomato Chutney and toasted macadamia nuts.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: A recipe from down under: Paperbark Smoked Vegetables
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 10:43:10 AM »

I really hate to admit this,but your receipes make me use the dictionary at times :ROFL:
But all sound great.
Now if I could try them as fast as you post them :thumbsup:
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing
Pages: [1]   Go Up