Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Gardeners???  (Read 9387 times)

Chrissie

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Any Gardeners???
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 09:41:22 PM »

Well I do not mow lawns or wash cars......but we have nowhere for a garden either, and we could not import the seeds into this country......so like Fran, Bonnie, thank you but not possible.

PS I think you have things very well organised.  :thumbsup:

I think we've all got it quite well organised. I do none of those tasks and don't have room for a garden either! Thanks for the offer Bonnie.

Ozzie

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 05:20:17 PM »

I am not claiming the abilities of either Fran or Bonnie, just a comment.  My elder 2 children are (overseas) adoptions, the younger two came the hard way.   I always found it much easier to see where the younger 2 were coming from or going to as I felt I could recognise the tendencies!  Guess others have known the same thing.  It is a great joy to me that they are all very good friends now they are adults.

And this has very little to do with gardens but I gather the OP-er does not mind  :)

I am not sure it is abilities, my family calls it something else :ROFL:

It gets their goat doesn't it, when mothers can know what is happening in half dozen places at once? :ROFL:

I can relate to 'learning post-kindergarten days'! I was 17 when I was married, but I never really had a childhood. I was always looking after kids, as my mother was very sick for years and died when I was 13, when I had to take over caring for the family.

I met my husband a couple of years later, and he was absolutely wonderful, the help that he gave me with my Dad and with my younger siblings. He treated them as his own, even before we were married. After 4 of our own and as many miscarriages, he agreed that was more than enough though! :oops:

You two sound too much like me in so many ways. My kids grew up with 'rosters' pinned to the back of their bedroom doors. How would a houseful like ours, manage otherwise?  :rabbit: Oh dear! They would tell what a 'hard mother' they had, but they seem to have done all right, in spite of that!  :ROFL:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 05:46:47 PM »

It gets their goat doesn't it, when mothers can know what is happening in half dozen places at once? :ROFL:

I can relate to 'learning post-kindergarten days'! I was 17 when I was married, but I never really had a childhood. I was always looking after kids, as my mother was very sick for years and died when I was 13, when I had to take over caring for the family.

I met my husband a couple of years later, and he was absolutely wonderful, the help that he gave me with my Dad and with my younger siblings. He treated them as his own, even before we were married. After 4 of our own and as many miscarriages, he agreed that was more than enough though! :oops:

You two sound too much like me in so many ways. My kids grew up with 'rosters' pinned to the back of their bedroom doors. How would a houseful like ours, manage otherwise?  :rabbit: Oh dear! They would tell what a 'hard mother' they had, but they seem to have done all right, in spite of that!  :ROFL:[/b]

When I think of a 17 year old getting married today .  Sounds like some of us were fortunate in making the right choice early on. I can never remember a time without kids either. My younger brother was my responsibility from the age of 7 on.
My husband took on many kids not his own which always amazed me. We seemed to collect them like other people do stray puppies.
Have to admit a time or two woke up wondering "What in the world did I think I was doing"  Many times I could have sold him for a nickel and I am sure he would have done same with me, but we were stuck. No takers :ROFL:

I did put him up for sale on ebay once. Listed an auction with his picture and title, One slightly used and ABOUT to be abused husband. He had really aggrevated me. Sent the auction to all my friends. For some reason he did not think it as humorous as I did.  Got a e-mail from a looker and was told that "Ebay did not allow trafficking in husbands" so I took it down before I heard from ebay
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 05:58:50 PM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Ozzie

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »

You two sound too much like me in so many ways. My kids grew up with 'rosters' pinned to the back of their bedroom doors. How would a houseful like ours, manage otherwise?  :rabbit: Oh dear! They would tell what a 'hard mother' they had, but they seem to have done all right, in spite of that!  :ROFL:[/b]

When I think of a 17 year old getting married today .  Sounds like some of us were fortunate in making the right choice early on. I can never remember a time without kids either. My younger brother was my responsibility from the age of 7 on.

I know. It's quite frightening isn't it? One of our grand daughters turned 17 the other day and I said to my husband at the time, we 'vet' her boyfriends, but if she told us she was getting married, we'd have a fit. Our 19 year old ... we still refer to as "little E...", as she tours Europe for 3 1/2 months with her Auntie and Uncle (our eldest daughter and s-i-l). Incidentally, that daughter married at 17 also, and we laugh about her checking with 'Little E...'s' mother, to ask if it's OK for 'Little E...' to do such and such, while they're away overseas. ;D

My husband took on many kids not his own which always amazed me. We seemed to collect them like other people do stray puppies.

We often asked why our kids couldn't be 'normal' and just bring home the stray animals, as well as 'stray kids' too. Guess they took after their parents a bit there. Believe me, they still collected the stray animals, as well as the stray kids.   :rabbit: :purr: :beagle:

Have to admit a time or two woke up wondering "What in the world did I think I was doing"  Many times I could have sold him for a nickel and I am sure he would have done same with me, but we were stuck. No takers :ROFL:

I did put him up for sale on ebay once. Listed an auction with his picture and title, One slightly used and ABOUT to be abused husband. He had really aggrevated me. Sent the auction to all my friends. For some reason he did not think it as humorous as I did.  Got a e-mail from a looker and was told that "Ebay did not allow trafficking in husbands" so I took it down before I heard from ebay

Mmmmm. Haven't gone quite as far as that yet. Don't think I'd have any takers, although there has been many a time I'd gladly give him away! There's also the case of the 'devil you know...'  :ROFL: :australia:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up