Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recycled Blue Jeans  (Read 15686 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Recycled Blue Jeans
« on: July 21, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »

Had to show you what happens to a pair of blue jeans when I get my hands on a used pair

Bottom picture is the back of the corset top. Corset is made with that portion of the legs cut off.The loops for the tie are the belt loops from jeans
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Fran

• Veteran Member
Re: Recycled Blue Jeans
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 05:05:14 PM »

I'll bet you were a hit!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »

I'll bet you were a hit!

That gave me a chuckle.These are for small fry. Girls up to size 6. My dear hubby may not let me out of the house.
Mine I embroider all over, that gives him fits enough. He doesn't think it dignified for a grandmother. The grandchildren think it is cool, they win.

I have to confess my T-Shirts get a little shake of the head at times.

Have one that says "I would rather be sixty than pregnant" He dosen't want me wearing it when I go out.
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Ozzie

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 02:26:32 AM »

I've just visualising the disquiet that would cause at Church if I turned up wearing those Bonnie.  :ROFL:

Quite a scene it would cause, I'm sure.  :purr:

What a fantastic idea.
  :dogwag:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 05:27:30 AM »

I've just visualising the disquiet that would cause at Church if I turned up wearing those Bonnie.  :ROFL:

Quite a scene it would cause, I'm sure.  :purr:

What a fantastic idea.
  :dogwag:

But Ozzie, think what we could do for boring sermons.Each of us having an outfit like this. The church would never be the same :ROFL: :rabbit: :rabbit:

Johann

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 05:31:26 AM »

Are clothes the reason some people go to church?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 05:44:54 AM »

Are clothes the reason some people go to church?

Not where I go to church, however they still have eyes. And still open to be a bit shocked

Johann

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 06:00:03 AM »

That should be a good spiritual church?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 06:01:52 AM »

That should be a good spiritual church?

It is a great little church. Have been there since it began. I am the last original member. But on occasion I can still shock them a bit. This outfit would surely do it

Johann

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 06:11:05 AM »

Some issues change. Some years back the church would not hire a pastor unless he wore a good size beard. Later on a bearded man could not find employment.

In Africa I heard the wife of a senior pastor claim that most of our pastor wore an ungodly adornment with no practical purpose - a tie! Many feel that a pastor must wear a tie. Why?

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 06:39:00 AM »

Some issues change. Some years back the church would not hire a pastor unless he wore a good size beard. Later on a bearded man could not find employment.

In Africa I heard the wife of a senior pastor claim that most of our pastor wore an ungodly adornment with no practical purpose - a tie! Many feel that a pastor must wear a tie. Why?

We have never had a bearded pastor. We have had some characters in the pews but the good far outweighed the bad. Had a very elderly woman that could take me to task for the smallest thing, but had to love that old lady.

She was the watchman in the foyer and did a "great" job. Could chew me out for my skirt being an inch to short and then give me a hug. She would always surprise me with little things. One sabbath she "ordered" me to stop after church. We did so and she gave me a beautiful afghan she had made.
Because all four of my boys were in the church even if "at times my skirt was to short" Had I shown up in this outfit I would have had to call the paramedics for her

Really loved that old gal. I would never have dreamed of straying  as she kept a closer eye on me than my mother had

Ozzie

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »

Beats me Johann why a man wants to start the day off, with a noose around his neck!  :oops:

Tradition again, I guess.
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up