Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Whipped Cream" Topping  (Read 3988 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
"Whipped Cream" Topping
« on: August 09, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »

"Whipped Cream" Topping

Healthlier than cool whip (too much chemistry and dairy) make this the day before you use it. It will thicken up over night in the frig and have the consistancy of Cool Whip.

SERVES 8

Ingredients:

1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, refrigerated
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup soymilk powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Refrigerate can of coconut milk, metal mixing bowl and beaters for at least 4 hours.
When ready to prepare recipe, open coconut can and remove only the thick "cream" at the top of the can. Place chilled cococunt "cream" in chilled bowl and beat with chilled beaters until thick and fluffy.
Slowly beat in rest of ingredients until smooth.
Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.

© 2008 Recipezaar.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: "Whipped Cream" Topping
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 11:04:45 AM »

"Whipped Cream" Topping

Healthlier than cool whip (too much chemistry and dairy) make this the day before you use it. It will thicken up over night in the frig and have the consistency of Cool Whip.

SERVES 8

Ingredients:

1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, refrigerated
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup soymilk powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Refrigerate can of coconut milk, metal mixing bowl and beaters for at least 4 hours.
When ready to prepare recipe, open coconut can and remove only the thick "cream" at the top of the can. Place chilled cococunt "cream" in chilled bowl and beat with chilled beaters until thick and fluffy.
Slowly beat in rest of ingredients until smooth.
Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.

© 2008 Recipezaar.

Now you did it. Woke up this morning to find I had a great idea.When I checked AT I swear you were messing around in my dreams.

Most of Christmas is handmade at our house. Sometimes it gets difficult to know what to do for so many varied ages and tastes. I have a couple of sons and their wives that are in the process of shifting to vegan , along with a young GD that made the choice.

Then I read all the recipes you posted while I was sleeping and found it solved a gift problem.
I am taking most of the recipes from here and printing them off and will take it into kinko and have them make it into a book . Solved a few of my problem children
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:18:18 PM »

That is an excellent idea Bonnie! An easy way to make a recipe book is to get a binder, put plastic sleeves inside, print out the recipes and slip them into the sleeves. That way it is easy to add new recipes later or reorganize the existing recipes. Also, the pages don't get stained in the kitchen! Add a few dividers between sections, personalize the binder and you have a finished product.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 12:22:41 PM »

That is an excellent idea Bonnie! An easy way to make a recipe book is to get a binder, put plastic sleeves inside, print out the recipes and slip them into the sleeves. That way it is easy to add new recipes later or reorganize the existing recipes. Also, the pages don't get stained in the kitchen! Add a few dividers between sections, personalize the binder and you have a finished product.

The christmas after my mother passed away I wrote the very complicated story of her life and then took it to kinko. They did a great job of making it look like something you would purchase at a bookstore . This way I can put what I want on the cover and any little tidbits scattered throu the book
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing
Pages: [1]   Go Up