Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Story of Linda Shelton by Elder Johann Thorvaldsson  (Read 34762 times)

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
The Story of Linda Shelton by Elder Johann Thorvaldsson
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:43:22 AM »

THE STORY OF LINDA SHELTON

By Johann Thorvaldsson

Former 3ABN liaison for Europe

It is a fact that Linda Shelton has been fired - and Danny Shelton has told his version of events to the World audience. He warned us not to listen to rumors, so what are the facts of this heart- breaking experience? Unfortunately Linda Shelton has been judged and dismissed from the establishment she loved and helped build up - on the basis of rumors. Facts that have been twisted, embroidered and presented as real. This is quite a complicated matter. A few weeks ago I was in Southern Illinois, wanting to attend the camp meeting at 3ABN, together with a Norwegian medical doctor - the one Linda has been accused of committing spiritual adultery with. We went there in an attempt to clear up misunderstandings, all caused because my wife and I introduced this doctor to Danny and Linda Shelton. This doctor is also the head elder of the most flourishing conservative SDA church in Norway - and has for several years been a financial supporter of 3ABN. Some of the problems were caused because the 3ABN archives had misspelled the name of this supporter, so Danny was convinced he was an impostor. Later Danny has named him a devil, a demon, or evil spirit, or bad counselor - like he did during the transmission to the whole world on Thursday evening at Camp Meeting. Also during that meeting we were requested to leave the premises of 3ABN, and if we ever showed up again at the meetings the police would be requested to remove us as trespassing private property - and this at meetings where all are invited.

What is our crime? While my wife, Irmgard, and I were staying at 3ABN in December 2003, this doctor came to visit us, both to check Irmgard's illness and to see the studios of the ministry he was supporting and was a great fan of. Linda came to see us, and later she brought her son along, who had problems with drugs and related things. Nathan had been reluctant to see any other doctor, but a lasting friendship between the doctor and this young man was kindled. Many of his patients are young athletes, so he is used todealing with young people. The doctor invited Nathan to come and stay in Norway and receive treatments at his clinic for a month. Nathan brought his girlfriend along, and later Linda and Brenda Walsh spent 3 days there to check on things - and I had a visit with them too while they were there. At that time Nathan had merely been there for 10 days, and I did not recognize him when I saw him. He was a completely transformed person.

So after Linda returned to the States she'd call to find out how it was going with her son. Danny told me himself that he considered that if a married woman talks for more than 10 or 12 minutes with another man on the phone she'd be committing spiritual adultery - so these phone calls first branded Linda as an adulteress. And from there the ball has kept rolling with more and more accusations. Mark Finlay was willing to assist in coming to an understanding, but his offer was unacceptable to the 3ABN lawyer. Both the lawyer and the pastor urged me to stay out of this case and not support Linda. They claimed I'd soon be left out in the cold with no friends at all if I'd continue supporting Linda in her plight.

Can you imagine our Lord Jesus Christ telling me not to come to the aid of this frail woman because I'd be left out in the cold without friends? I have never heard such a statement before coming from people who are supposed to be the spiritual leaders of this great ministry. Is it any wonder that the support of 3ABN is dwindling?

With such men at the helm who make it their business and main concern to condemn Linda, is it any wonder that Linda seeks the support of her close friends - and also calls the doctor who was so kind to her son?  Of course it might have avoided some misunderstandings and confusions if that doctor had been a woman. But what does the Apostle tell us? "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Those two people have been branded before the whole world as adulterers, and you name it. I never dreamt such atrocities could take place at my favorite ministry, 3ABN

Now the woes of Linda Shelton are not hers alone any more. I was fired too, because I supported Linda. Officially it was because I refused to obey orders from my superiors at 3ABN. But I am fortunate that I get my sustentation from the church where I started my ministry more than 50 years ago. Even though I love the ministry of 3ABN, I serve the God of heaven and the God of Truth. Derrell Mundall, the father of Danny Shelton's grandchildren, who has served 3ABN faithfully for many years, has also been fired. What is his crime? He was too close and he knows the truth, and shared his knowledge with others. He supports Linda. He had no other employment when he was dismissed from 3ABN, so pray that he may soon find another fruitful ministry where he can use his talents. He chose truth instead of a steady employment, as so many other believers have done in the past.  Before Derrell was fired he was told that he must remember it was Danny who received the vision from God to build this TV station. Therefore, he was told, he must regard the words of Danny Shelton as being the words of God. Long before Linda's dismissal, Dr. Kay Kuzma was assigned to help Linda manage after being fired. She was also supposed to interview staff members to find a good reason to fire her, so one wonders what really is behind this upheaval?

Danny mentioned a number of counselors who had helped the board come to the conclusion that she should be dismissed. You can ask Linda, but I don't think she ever talked to most of those counselors. In fact even before her dismissal she felt treated like a criminal when she approached the premises of 3ABN and was not permitted to enter without close supervision. The present general staff at 3ABN is probably not permitted to ask Linda any question. If anyone wants a contact to keep up their close friendship with Linda they have to write their note on a postcard, submit it to the leaders who will forward it to Linda. Such are the present premises of this woman whose ministry has meant so much to thousands of viewers, and who will not see her any more on the screen - as long as the present leadership has it their way.

Pray for 3ABN. Pray for justice. Pray for justice also for Linda. 
Miracles still take place.
Christian regards.

Johann

Re: The Story of Linda Shelton by Elder Johann Thorvaldsson
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 02:48:32 PM »

This letter was sent to some friends who were asking. Someone asked me to send it to Dr. Sam Bacchiocchi - have I forgotten how to spell his name? Well, he posted it in one of his letters to his subscribers. Somehow it got to BlackSDA and I read it there. That was the first I heard of BSDA. I joined but did not participate in the discussion until a year or two later. I spent a lot of time answering questions people were asking in private e-mails. Many of them had already received "information" from 3ABN which was so contradictory that most people with common sense detected something that was not right.

When Dr. Arild Abrahamsen finally wrote his letter we found a mutual friend, a member of BSDA, who helped distribute it on his private network. It was not until after that that this friend asked me to make contact with Gailon Arthur Joy who independently had made some remarkable discoveries. . . which completely changed his ardent support of 3ABN.

Well, I'd better stop now. Perhaps later I can tell more - and also some hilarious stories of what has happened during these 4 years. Just now it is exactly 4 years since Nathan was in Norway. Does time erase all evil?

Johann

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 09:56:53 AM »

More than two years since this was posted on AdventTalk.

By Johann Thorvaldsson

It is a fact that Linda Shelton has been fired - and Danny Shelton has told his version of events to the World audience. He warned us not to listen to rumors, so what are the facts of this heart- breaking experience? Unfortunately Linda Shelton has been judged and dismissed from the establishment she loved and helped build up - on the basis of rumors. Facts that have been twisted, embroidered and presented as real. This is quite a complicated matter. A few weeks ago I was in Southern Illinois, wanting to attend the camp meeting at 3ABN, together with a Norwegian medical doctor - the one Linda has been accused of committing spiritual adultery with. We went there in an attempt to clear up misunderstandings, all caused because my wife and I introduced this doctor to Danny and Linda Shelton. This doctor is also the head elder of the most flourishing conservative SDA church in Norway - and has for several years been a financial supporter of 3ABN. Some of the problems were caused because the 3ABN archives had misspelled the name of this supporter, so Danny was convinced he was an impostor. Later Danny has named him a devil, a demon, or evil spirit, or bad counselor - like he did during the transmission to the whole world on Thursday evening at Camp Meeting. Also during that meeting we were requested to leave the premises of 3ABN, and if we ever showed up again at the meetings the police would be requested to remove us as trespassing private property - and this at meetings where all are invited.

What is our crime? While my wife, Irmgard, and I were staying at 3ABN in December 2003, this doctor came to visit us, both to check Irmgard's illness and to see the studios of the ministry he was supporting and was a great fan of. Linda came to see us, and later she brought her son along, who had problems with drugs and related things. Nathan had been reluctant to see any other doctor, but a lasting friendship between the doctor and this young man was kindled. Many of his patients are young athletes, so he is used todealing with young people. The doctor invited Nathan to come and stay in Norway and receive treatments at his clinic for a month. Nathan brought his girlfriend along, and later Linda and Brenda Walsh spent 3 days there to check on things - and I had a visit with them too while they were there. At that time Nathan had merely been there for 10 days, and I did not recognize him when I saw him. He was a completely transformed person.

So after Linda returned to the States she'd call to find out how it was going with her son. Danny told me himself that he considered that if a married woman talks for more than 10 or 12 minutes with another man on the phone she'd be committing spiritual adultery - so these phone calls first branded Linda as an adulteress. And from there the ball has kept rolling with more and more accusations. Mark Finlay was willing to assist in coming to an understanding, but his offer was unacceptable to the 3ABN lawyer. Both the lawyer and the pastor urged me to stay out of this case and not support Linda. They claimed I'd soon be left out in the cold with no friends at all if I'd continue supporting Linda in her plight.

Can you imagine our Lord Jesus Christ telling me not to come to the aid of this frail woman because I'd be left out in the cold without friends? I have never heard such a statement before coming from people who are supposed to be the spiritual leaders of this great ministry. Is it any wonder that the support of 3ABN is dwindling?

With such men at the helm who make it their business and main concern to condemn Linda, is it any wonder that Linda seeks the support of her close friends - and also calls the doctor who was so kind to her son?  Of course it might have avoided some misunderstandings and confusions if that doctor had been a woman. But what does the Apostle tell us? "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Those two people have been branded before the whole world as adulterers, and you name it. I never dreamt such atrocities could take place at my favorite ministry, 3ABN

Now the woes of Linda Shelton are not hers alone any more. I was fired too, because I supported Linda. Officially it was because I refused to obey orders from my superiors at 3ABN. But I am fortunate that I get my sustentation from the church where I started my ministry more than 50 years ago. Even though I love the ministry of 3ABN, I serve the God of heaven and the God of Truth. Derrell Mundall, the father of Danny Shelton's grandchildren, who has served 3ABN faithfully for many years, has also been fired. What is his crime? He was too close and he knows the truth, and shared his knowledge with others. He supports Linda. He had no other employment when he was dismissed from 3ABN, so pray that he may soon find another fruitful ministry where he can use his talents. He chose truth instead of a steady employment, as so many other believers have done in the past.  Before Derrell was fired he was told that he must remember it was Danny who received the vision from God to build this TV station. Therefore, he was told, he must regard the words of Danny Shelton as being the words of God. Long before Linda's dismissal, Dr. Kay Kuzma was assigned to help Linda manage after being fired. She was also supposed to interview staff members to find a good reason to fire her, so one wonders what really is behind this upheaval?

Danny mentioned a number of counselors who had helped the board come to the conclusion that she should be dismissed. You can ask Linda, but I don't think she ever talked to most of those counselors. In fact even before her dismissal she felt treated like a criminal when she approached the premises of 3ABN and was not permitted to enter without close supervision. The present general staff at 3ABN is probably not permitted to ask Linda any question. If anyone wants a contact to keep up their close friendship with Linda they have to write their note on a postcard, submit it to the leaders who will forward it to Linda. Such are the present premises of this woman whose ministry has meant so much to thousands of viewers, and who will not see her any more on the screen - as long as the present leadership has it their way.

Christian regards.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:59:59 AM by Johann »

Johann

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »

Still there

By Johann Thorvaldsson

With such men at the helm who make it their business and main concern to condemn Linda, is it any wonder that Linda seeks the support of her close friends - and also calls the doctor who was so kind to her son?  Of course it might have avoided some misunderstandings and confusions if that doctor had been a woman. But what does the Apostle tell us? "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Those two people have been branded before the whole world as adulterers, and you name it. I never dreamt such atrocities could take place at my favorite ministry, 3ABN

Now the woes of Linda Shelton are not hers alone any more. I was fired too, because I supported Linda. Officially it was because I refused to obey orders from my superiors at 3ABN. But I am fortunate that I get my sustentation from the church where I started my ministry more than 50 years ago. Even though I love the ministry of 3ABN, I serve the God of heaven and the God of Truth. Derrell Mundall, the father of Danny Shelton's grandchildren, who has served 3ABN faithfully for many years, has also been fired. What is his crime? He was too close and he knows the truth, and shared his knowledge with others. He supports Linda. He had no other employment when he was dismissed from 3ABN, so pray that he may soon find another fruitful ministry where he can use his talents. He chose truth instead of a steady employment, as so many other believers have done in the past.  Before Derrell was fired he was told that he must remember it was Danny who received the vision from God to build this TV station. Therefore, he was told, he must regard the words of Danny Shelton as being the words of God. Long before Linda's dismissal, Dr. Kay Kuzma was assigned to help Linda manage after being fired. She was also supposed to interview staff members to find a good reason to fire her, so one wonders what really is behind this upheaval?

Christian regards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up