Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Go and check out the Christians Discuss Forum for committed Christians at  http://www.christians-discuss.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faux Fish Cakes and Tartar Sauce  (Read 3520 times)

Sister

• Veteran Member
Faux Fish Cakes and Tartar Sauce
« on: August 10, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »

Faux Fish Cakesand Tartar Sauce

Serve the Faux Fish Cakes with home made Tarter sauce (recipe follows) for a tasty combination.
Serving Size : 8

Ingredients:

1 pound extra-firm tofu
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 small onion -- minced
6 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
2 teaspoons kelp flakes
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Pinch celery seed
1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour

Directions:

Mix the tofu, rice, onion, yeast and kelp flakes in a large bowl. Process the remaining ingredients, except for the flour, in a food processor until well blended. Add to the tofu mixture, along with the flour. Mix well.  Form into 4 oz. patties and pan fry for about 4 minutes on each side. Thinner patties cook better and are tastier than thick patties.

Tartar Sauce

Ingredients:

1/2 c Vegenaise (grapeseed formula)
2 tb Finely chopped green onion
2 tb Sweet pickle relish
1 ts Fresh lemon zest
2 ts Lemon juice

Directions:
Mix all together and chill at least 1 hour before using.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Re: Faux Fish Cakes and Tartar Sauce
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 03:35:25 PM »

Now you are messing with my fish. You are going to keep trying to get me to CONVERT aren't you :rabbit:
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Sister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 04:39:56 PM »

:oops: Bonnie, dear, CONVERT you? No, never! It is just with all the mercury in fish I am afraid that you will become a human temperature gauge! That could be dangerous in summer, :hot: when the mercury rises it can effect brain function! Maybe all that mercury causes menopausal hot flashes? Perhaps the women who eat more fish get more hot flashes? Maybe more in the summer than in the winter (the mercury doesn't rise as high with the cold temperatures).  :oops: This is starting to sound like the logic of the "Danny clones".  :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »

:oops: Bonnie, dear, CONVERT you? No, never! It is just with all the mercury in fish I am afraid that you will become a human temperature gauge! That could be dangerous in summer, :hot: when the mercury rises it can effect brain function! Maybe all that mercury causes menopausal hot flashes? Perhaps the women who eat more fish get more hot flashes? Maybe more in the summer than in the winter (the mercury doesn't rise as high with the cold temperatures).  :oops: This is starting to sound like the logic of the "Danny clones".  :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Maybe that is why my temperature (temper) rises on certain days. Sounds good to me, that way I am not responsible for my temper getting the best of me. It is the mercury. :thumbsup: Except my mercury (temper) really does quite well in the MN winters to. Just keep saying, I am not responsible, it is the fish.
 :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing
Pages: [1]   Go Up