Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Law suit is Imminent  (Read 106539 times)

princessdi

• Veteran Member
Re: Law suit is Imminent
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »

Tinka, please take this in the loving christian love it is being given and think and pray about this before you respond.

The problem is not them, whatever they are or are not wearing, their hairstyle color or lack thereof.  It is not the rhythm of the music, nor the demonstrative manner of the singer/preacher.  There is, however, a serious problem when the enemy can so distract our attention with the "outward appearances"(something that is not a priorty to God. See below.), that we miss whatever blessing God has in store for us through word or song.  It is something like rebellion, telling God that you[general] will only hear Him if it comes in this certain package.   We place our own spiritual growth, as well as those to whom we are witnessing, in jeopardy when we place so much focus upon the superficial. 

1.1 Samuel 16:7 
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Hmmm, they do? I wonder why? Could it be they cater to the people's liberal desires? Of course we are now in the progressive atmosphere! Especially the Gaither act a likes. Drumming heart strings, rocking to and fro, Jive, handclapping for their own performing, jazz and whatever clicks their clicker. strapless attire, their bubbles, bangles, beads, rings and things and pants and banshee hair cuts men and women, dyed hair, locks bleached accentuated by red highlights from the flashing studio lighting , flirting it world wide for the signal against the Holy Spirit that gave direction with no confusion to the voice of the remnant. Some good things but very little here and there but the extent is serving its last day liberalism of mans own desires and opinions. Even to the fact that this would happen. Problem is Adventist no longer accept the SOP in bigger circles. It is amazing to watch what I read. That is why I am a believer of EGW being a messenger. The foundation is being destroyed by the liberal evolutionist and these ungodly "self" opinionated "food for the worms" individuals.
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

tinka

• Veteran Member
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2011, 06:05:28 AM »

Princess,
 It is obvious that some have concerns about the striking down of Creation, but that is not the only foundational striking down of the SDA "organizational" church that the devil hits. What is plain to view with no conscience at all is "Lifestyle" that also is important that I yak about. Creation is very easy for believers to syphon out immediately, its the creepy, crawly things that squeeze in every inch left open and then these great so called TV nationwide SDA or 3abn channels exploit the evil within. I look at it like giving wrong signals to the weaker until it cost them their souls. Creation, Lifestyle, Insipid dishes,State of the dead, Commandments, Anger against the SOP, all have their deadly accounts well acknowledged in the years of observance. Again, I totally understand the reasonable writings of EGW. We have two observances here. The Bible claim is to avoid all appearances of evil and the people act with "keeping up with appearances." Pretty simple to me. Of course I have studied all the books, underlined, outlines and found nothing out of context by what context she was writing in. I felt it my responsibility to understand the last message given for the foundation if I intended to live with Jesus in Eternity. It is my nature to know everything about the One that Created me. It is also amazing that her style that convinced me was the same as the Bible was written. In the end of studying that thorough of EGW, I found all in exact sequence of the most revealing circles that came together for truth and matching the Bible. I am quite thankful for those truths.  Just listened to Ken Cox on his 144,000. I thought he started out well with a verse that EGW started out and then it went into another possible version about the 12 personalities. I am sure some of that is right in a round about way but I prefer to look closer to the Story of Redemption book where it gives no confusion leading into that particular doctrine of 144,000. I really was not looking for the issue as always taught not to go there. But after all the years it took and looking at sequence, fact and history it came floating in clear as a bell. so Jesus and I have an understanding that he will not let me believe a lie but give it to me straight if I search. I am confident of truth and that is why I have a lot to say about the trampling and disregard for it displayed nationwide and worldwide. The most amazing thing after the Holy Spirit opened up one word understanding of verbage to me that I read for years over and over knowing something I was not seeing and then finally it was shown...and the rest matched.

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2011, 04:53:18 AM »

I am confused.   On January 21 we were told that a lawsuit was going to be filed, perhaps as early as the following week.

That was followed later by a post from GAJ which metamorphicly told us the  time had come to turn our  swords into plows.

Does anyone know what is really happening?

Or is all of the information comming from those who read tea leaves and commulnicate with crystal balls?

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »

It is perhaps customary for settlement negotiations to occur before a lawsuit is filed, which of course could delay the lawsuit being filed. By such a delay the plaintiffs could come out ahead by saving litigation expense, and the defendants could come out ahead by avoiding some ugly publicity, if a settlement is reached without filing suit.

Of course, only those personally present during negotiations would know everything going on, but even they might not know the private, unspoken stratagems within one or another attorney's mind, particularly that of an attorney on an opposing side. So for those further removed, there will always be a degree of uncertainty.

Judging from the following, perhaps one might conclude that Gailon's assessment was premature:

Meaning?????
Time to pack it up and go home!!! The battle... and the war...is over; Now we must turn guns into plow shares and get on with life...c'est la vie!!!
Guess we have to wait 30 more days to see what happens.

If it's not a done deal yet, then it's not all over yet.

Johann

« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2011, 11:30:30 AM »

I  have a notion this could be the best explanation available right now

It is perhaps customary for settlement negotiations to occur before a lawsuit is filed, which of course could delay the lawsuit being filed. By such a delay the plaintiffs could come out ahead by saving litigation expense, and the defendants could come out ahead by avoiding some ugly publicity, if a settlement is reached without filing suit.

Of course, only those personally present during negotiations would know everything going on, but even they might not know the private, unspoken stratagems within one or another attorney's mind, particularly that of an attorney on an opposing side. So for those further removed, there will always be a degree of uncertainty.

Judging from the following, perhaps one might conclude that Gailon's assessment was premature:

Meaning?????
Time to pack it up and go home!!! The battle... and the war...is over; Now we must turn guns into plow shares and get on with life...c'est la vie!!!

Nosir Myzing

« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »

It is perhaps customary for settlement negotiations to occur before a lawsuit is filed, which of course could delay the lawsuit being filed. By such a delay the plaintiffs could come out ahead by saving litigation expense, and the defendants could come out ahead by avoiding some ugly publicity, if a settlement is reached without filing suit

Any yahoo reading here knows you guys were talking about a guaranteed 8 or 9 figure settlement with lawyers of this caliber and claiming that they didn't take a case for less than that and knows that litigation costs aren't near so expensive... so to be fair one one should also consider that the plaintiffs could have filed months ago and wonder why they haven't if they have evidence and a strong case ?? and why Adam posted they need 30 more days???

Also to be equally fair one must consider that the defendants could come out ahead  by saving litigation expense, and the plaintiffs could avoid some ugly publicity if a settlement is reached without filing suit. Do try to at least appear to be unbiased,and fair, Robert....

And judging by what you posted, one might conclude that you wouldn't know if his assessment is premature or what's going on either, Robert, so we should probably wait and see what happens before speaking further, right?

Meaning?????

True, so why don't you just wait and see what happens with the rest of us, Robert?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:30:50 PM by Nosir Myzing »

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2011, 01:34:07 PM »

May 17th is the deadline. Either a day of gloom for some, or a day of victory for others. :)
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »

Or a day to begin yet another delay.

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2011, 02:33:06 PM »

Doubtful.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »

Yup.

Johann

« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2011, 12:03:26 AM »

You are already assured that will be a day of celebration for millions of people. It happens to be the national holiday of Norway, celebrated like July 4 in USA.

May 17th is the deadline. Either a day of gloom for some, or a day of victory for others. :)

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2011, 11:46:39 AM »

Doubtful.

I would hope so. But then, I'm not privy to the attorneys' strategy, so I don't know. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if there was another delay, but I would hope there wouldn't be another delay.

princessdi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2011, 10:29:22 AM »

Gregory, I am with you.  I came here today to ask the meaning of all these riddles, but you had already posted this.  GJ gave his riddle, then cut and ran.  What is going on?!

I am confused.   On January 21 we were told that a lawsuit was going to be filed, perhaps as early as the following week.

That was followed later by a post from GAJ which metamorphicly told us the  time had come to turn our  swords into plows.

Does anyone know what is really happening?

Or is all of the information comming from those who read tea leaves and commulnicate with crystal balls?
It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world.  If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Adam

• Veteran Member
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »

Maybe one should call Jim Gilley and Danny Shelton? They may have answers as to the hold up!
Billy Graham

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »

Maybe one should call Jim Gilley and Danny Shelton? They may have answers as to the hold up!

That is absurd.  Like they are really going to answer a caller's questions about the "pending litigation".

People want to know what is going on, so if you have information you want to share then do so.  But quit with the games.   I recently removed an entire thread you started because you did not follow through on your own commitment to provide proof.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Up