Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trinity  (Read 3846 times)

tinka

• Veteran Member
The Trinity
« on: November 18, 2009, 03:22:28 AM »

Sky,

Would it have been the great Controversy book that was somewhat changed? I found a letter from Arthur White To a Mr. Clark on Oct. 13, 1965 about some changes that were not of EGW. Wonder if that have some bearing?  I have one of the earliest printings. Also I am quite aware of using different versions of Bible and although she did also use it but also warned us of what was happening in the new prints.

Unless an understanding of the Nature of God in some aspects of the trinity, one would never catch the difference on how it is changed.  I will not go into detail for the reason of people thinking your way out in left field, but one example.  If EGW states that the Holy Spirit came with us when he went back to heaven and the Holy Spirit is from Christ only-- then how is it that the "New age versions" claim that the Holy Spirit that came upon Mary for the birth of Jesus and do not stay with the King James Version of "The Holy Ghost that came upon Mary. That version is correct as The Holy Ghost referred is from the work of the Father. So how could it be from "Christ" unto Mary??  The references only conclude what work came from what part of the Godhead or trinity.  The difference tells you if it was the Father or Christ that acted or spoke.  It makes a difference but yet the Mystery of God is  not knowing how One God can be Three different Entities. We do not or will we ever know that "nature" but we can understand how it is and be quite satisfied knowing only that God is one God in all aspects of flesh visible, and indivisible, with Spirit of Son and Holy Ghost meaning the acts from the Father and the Son each in the needs of all mankind at all times.

and now what do we have?? Adventists jumping form one thing to another. Hmmm, I can tell when they do it. One quite popular that does it and while he is presented in great light I do not much listen to him with all his antics in preaching. And this is done to the colledge youths????

When one can come to this conclusion from all references presented and then apply this to King James version the Bible comes vividly alive to complete understanding.

Here is just a few notes that came directly from SP. and some thoughts interjected with in. The notes EGW presented are page after page. This is just my study in just small portion and opinion. Maybe wrong and still out in left field but it is the best I can gather for myself's understanding.  I realize that God is but One God and has the mystery of being 3 different entities. I do not care how he does it but am amazed that this understanding for me and that He is the all power and All God.

GOD THE FATHER
1.   First part of Godhead
2.   The Glory
3.   The Holy Ghost –The Invisible God
4.   The invisible things of Him of the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead. PP 111-116
5.   Omnipotent
6.   All Power- Has the power and mystery of being 3 different entities.
7.   Appeared as Melchesidec
8.   No one can look upon God’s Glory and live
9.   No beginning and no end.
10.   Law of Love and Righteousness
11.   Called the Father part of the Godhead

JESUS THE SON
1.   Jesus is the second part of Godhead
2.   Jesus is revealed as the fullness of the Godhead
3.   Jesus is the fullness of the Godhead
4.   Jesus is the image of God
5.   Jesus is the outshining of His Glory (outshining) More brilliant or excellent, surpass
6.   Jesus is the word (or voice) God’s voice made audible. The voice was God  The voice became flesh. John 1: 1-2
7.   Jesus is God’s thought made audible DA 19
8.   Jesus is God’s Glory manifested in visible human form (veiled in humanity)1John 1:2
9.   The visible Jesus is mediator between the unapproachable Glory and humanity & angels.
10.   Jesus visible has always been begotten from eternity the same as it was with God.
11.   Jesus the Son does not mean created or incarnate before His birth on earth.
12.   Jesus Commander of heavens and the angels was then called Michael. Dan 10:21
13.   Jesus was Creator of universe, heavens & earth. Godhead was present at creation. John 1:3
14.   Jesus was not Melchisedec.  He is made High Priest after the order of Melchisedec Heb. Chaper 7:17 –6:20 –7:1  Psalms 110:4

Emmanuel—God with us
1.  The meek and lowly Savior is God manifest in the flesh 1 Tim. 3:
1.   I am the One who has sent Me unto you. Ex. 3:14
2.   A body hast Thou prepared Me.  Heb 10:5-
3.   Jesus is the baby incarnate.
4.   God came in His begotten Son to forever live and be with His people. (human form)
5.   Jesus in the visible form says, “I do nothing of myself.  I live only by the Father.  I do not seek my own Glory- John 8-28 chap.6:57 –chap.8:50 chap.-7:18
6.   He is called:    Ever present and helpful Companion
                              The Prince of the House of David
                              The Shield of His people
                              The Sun (light)of Righteousness
                              The merciful High Priest
                              The merciful Savior
                                    The Prince of Peace
                              The Healer
                              King of Kings
                              The Coming King
                              The Everlasting Father
                              The Source of All

7.   We behold God in Jesus! (With Us) God gave His Begotten to humanity. ( Love Unspeakable) Begotten means in a different sense then we understand. (EGW)
8.   I AM –THAT  IAM   John10:11, 6:51, 14:6  Matt.28:18
9.   Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost.  Luke 4:1 Matt. 4:1-11  Mark 1:11 (Entity of Father God)
10.   Jesus was God’s Spirit Philippians 2:5-13
11.   Before sin, The Father Himself spoke through Christ.  Now that Jesus had come in the likeness of sinful flesh (Rom8:3) ,He now communicates with humanity in Christ.
HOLY SPIRIT
1.   The Holy Spirit is the 3 rd part of the Godhead
2.   The Holy Spirit is the breath of Spiritual life in the soul.
3.   The Holy Spirit is Omnipotent
4.   The Holy Spirit appeared as a Dove
5.   The Holy Spirit appeared as a Cloud
6.   The Holy Spirit appeared as a Burning Bush
7.   The Holy Spirit appeared as Fire
8.   The Holy Spirit appeared as a Star
9.   The Holy Ghost appeared as Melchesedec (In the entity of the Father God)
10.   The Holy Spirit is Christ’s Representative ( In the entity of the Begotten Son)
11.    The Holy Spirit is the Comforter
12.    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth
13.    The Holy Spirit is the Greatest Gift from Christ
14.    The Holy Spirit is the beginning of our life eternal
15.    The Holy Spirit Inspires true worship
16.    The Holy Spirit  reveals deep things of God
17.    The Holy Spirit Protects all who seek Him
18.    The Holy Spirit uses us.  We do not use the Holy Spirit.
19.    The Holy Spirit is hindered by unbelief
20.    One can not sin against the Holy Spirit and live.  (Reject)

I am anxiously awaiting your continuation
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:00:39 PM by George »

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: The Trinity
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »

Well, I was just a roamin through all the discussions on who was reading what and I saw this thread called "The Trinity". I thought well now that is a subject I have studied and studied and I sure zipped to it to see what someone had to say about it and low and behold it was my thread :ROFL:. Sort of forgot about it. But what I never went back to was that someone wanted some more thoughts on it as they wrote in red at the end. Just saw that right now and sure enough I did have much more thoughts of it. So being this long and mostly forgotten I would like to add something to this.

While reading the King James Version and not liking other versions because of dropped or added insights that I cannot rely on for sure is how I found an interesting thing.  When referring many many times over and over the words, Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit I could not understand the difference and why the one time it was used to express certain meaning and then use the other for something else.  One of the great places that took my attention was the inception of Jesus.  In the King James it says that the Holy Ghost came over Mary. In other Bibles it says the Holy Spirit came over Mary. Now, In the beginning It says that the Holy Ghost is of the Father. But the Holy Spirit is from Christ as he departed back to Heaven as he went so the Comfortor or Holy Spirit could be with us. Now that was interesting.

Then it clicked that the writers of the Bible referred to the working of each entity separate. When the Father part of the Godhead was referred to the Bible would state Holy Ghost. When the part of the Son was referred to as doing the action it was called Holy Spirit. Now, it made reasonable sense to me. Now I understood the difference in the story of Mary. Yes, The Father part of the Godhead came upon Mary and not the Son part of the Unity. Amazing now as with this concept all the Bible came into order on what part of the Godhead did what and then you understood so much the workings of the Trinity and the amazing Power and Mystery of such a God. No you cannot understand his power but you can understand that He is Divinity and no other God but the God of all things. Maybe not everyone is in agreement with this but it is divine to be sure of his Holy Spirit to introduce these answers to my questions. I am totally satisfied with truth and the stableness and assurance it gives me.

tinka

• Veteran Member
Re: The Trinity
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:53:11 PM »

Seems I made an error after rereading the above.

The appearing of the dove was from the HOly Ghost the Father part as He claims at the baptism. This is my beloved Son.
Pages: [1]   Go Up