Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J.D. Quinn hospitalized in Birmingham  (Read 6124 times)

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
J.D. Quinn hospitalized in Birmingham
« on: September 23, 2008, 07:40:29 PM »

I just received this via email - pretty scary stuff.  I think a lot of the Quinns and will be keeping them in my prayers.

Urgent Request

J.D Quinn and Shelley were ministering Sabbath in Birmingham Alabama, when JD became ill.  Shelley took him to the emergency room Sunday and they admitted him. He has a severe (Septic?) infection in his knee that has spread throughout his body. JD has had knee replacement and periodically has trouble with this knee; however, never anything this harsh.  Please pray for him and Shelley.  They said the church saints in Birmingham have been a blessing to them. Il send you an update as soon as I hear more.

Thank You,

Pastor Hal

Emma

Re: J.D. Quinn hospitalized in Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 10:55:45 PM »

That has the potential to be extremely serious.  Certainly he needs our prayers.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »

I have had it.  It is called Sepsis.  They could not find the source of the infection that was in my blood stream going all through my body!.  I was recovering from a major heart attack with 100% blockage; my kidneys started to fail;  I was bleeding out and had 11 pints of blood to replace it;  then, after living through all of that, they told me I had Sepsis and they could not find the source!  What a way to end my hospital stay!  I was anointed and it was decided the kids needed to come home asap. My son flew home without knowing if he would make it before I was gone.

I had a talk with the Lord and went to sleep in peace.  At 5AM the Holy Spirit woke me up to find my daughter asleep in the chair.  I asked her to check my legs.  There it was!  They took a culture and started pumping me full of major antibiotics!  I made it, praise be to God!  I was able to go home about 5-6 days later

It seems as though the Lord has shown them where JD Quinn's infection is.  They should be able to better treat it since they have the source.  They both need our prayers!  That stuff is nasty! Nasty! Nasty!

I have lost several friends from it.  You usually get it in the hospital!  It took my best friend in lass than 24 hours.  It sounds like JD had it before he went to the hospital.  Another friend was healed, but he was in intensive care for about 3 months!  He was finally up and back to church after 6 months!  Over 5 of those months he was in the hospital.  Some get it and get over it pretty fast if they have good health to begin with.  It all depends on God's will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepsis

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:16:10 AM »

Ths is quite serious.

Based upon a previous comment surgery may be required as antibotics may not be enough?

Your prayers are needed to include the  wisdom to make the decisions as to the treatment.

Emma

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 02:53:38 AM »

If the infection is related to the joint replacement it is especially nasty.   I hope he is not diabetic as well - I have no knowledge of anything like that - as it would make
things more difficult to treat.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 08:59:30 AM »

Is there anything new about JD?  I am assuming the antibiotics are working.  In this case no news may mean good news.  That is what I am praying for!

Daryl Fawcett

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Daryl & Beth
    • Maritime SDA OnLine
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »

Does anybody have an update regarding this? :wave:

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »

Does anybody have an update regarding this? :wave: