Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You can find an active Save 3ABN website at http://www.Save-3ABN.com.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting, PLease Listen  (Read 17789 times)

bonnie

• Veteran Member
Interesting, PLease Listen
« on: August 02, 2008, 08:46:51 AM »

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e143/tribeofjudah/?action=view&current=josteencleanfoodbig.flv

Found this on another forum.Well worth listening to and a little surprising. Not an adventist speaker. Has a very large following

edited to correct link
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:51:28 AM by bonnie »
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

GrammieT

Re: Interesting, PLease Listen
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »

Dear Bonnie:   :goodpost:

Wow, how did you find this?  I love Joel Osteen and believe that if we would listen to more of his messages regarding the importance of living the Word in our lives we would all be more like Christ than we ever thought we could be.  And he is so pleasant in his presentations that it is easy to listen to his gentle reproaches.  :thumbsup:

GrammieT   :dogwag:

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 02:59:28 PM »

Dear Bonnie:   :goodpost:

Wow, how did you find this?  I love Joel Osteen and believe that if we would listen to more of his messages regarding the importance of living the Word in our lives we would all be more like Christ than we ever thought we could be.  And he is so pleasant in his presentations that it is easy to listen to his gentle reproaches.  :thumbsup:

GrammieT   :dogwag:

He is one of the few I ever listen to. He always looks just plain happy as does his wife. Everything he says is upbeat

bonnie
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »

Is he a member of ASI?  Nope! So he just passed my first prerequisite to getting my money!   However, I don't think he needs it though.  I listen to his pod casts.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »

Is he a member of ASI?  Nope! So he just passed my first prerequisite to getting my money!   However, I don't think he needs it though.  I listen to his pod casts.

I even almost hate to admit it,but his approach and what seems like geniune happiness won me over. Where televangelists are concerned that is not easy to do.

Another one that I listen to in spurts is Pat Robertson. I am not a Pat Robertson fan as to theology but I do admire their mission outreach. They have many guests that are great to listen to. Nothing stitled or contrived or it appears so

bonnie

still don't give them money either

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 10:41:21 AM »

Did anyone watch Joel Osteen last night?? HIs wife is at least as good if not better than Joel is as a public speaker.

She spoke on using your talents. Probably the best I have ever heard on that topic.

Joel spoke of picking your battles to fight and letting minor battles go.

Then I got this in my e-mail this morning.

There comes a point in your in  life when you realize
 who matters,who never did,who won't anymore...
and who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.
Give this heart to everyone you don't want to lose in 2008
Try to collect 12; it's not easy!

judibug61

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 11:43:35 AM »

I just heard on CNN news this morning. ....that Olsten's wife has him in court for abuse....not sure if this includes a divorce or not......pretty much shocked me in one way....but at the same time not shocking.....given the times we are living in..........................
judibug

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 11:45:15 AM »

I just heard on CNN news this morning. ....that Olsten's wife has him in court for abuse....not sure if this includes a divorce or not......pretty much shocked me in one way....but at the same time not shocking.....given the times we are living in..........................

Will have to check that out. If true,another bites the dust as far as listening to

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »

I did a search and can't find it. If true I am sure we will be hearing more

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 12:24:21 PM »

Try http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/religion/5928142.html

"Brown wants an apology and punitive damages amounting to 10 percent of Victoria Osteen's net worth as part of her suit."

Guess I'm not the only one who thinks people should apologize when they've done something wrong.

I remember when this incident occurred.

"The Federal Aviation Administration fined Victoria Osteen $3,000 for interfering with a crew member."

"During a court hearing Wednesday before jury selection began, Hardin asked that the FAA report's findings not be allowed to be heard during the trial.

" 'The FAA does in all due respect an incredibly incomplete investigation,' Hardin said."

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 12:29:45 PM »

I might have a little problem with the demand for damages.......

According to court documents, Brown claims that she suffers from anxiety and hemorrhoids because of the incident and said her faith was affected. She is also suing Osteen for medical expenses for counseling

Not sure who is telling the truth here and some people that think they are a little above the rest of the mortals can be a pain in the backside,  but I have never heard of an incident such as this causing hemmorrhoids. Curious now to see how much counseling is needed for hemmorrhoids and a dispute such as this

Maybe someone here, not sure who needs to get a grip

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 12:31:54 PM »

"Brown wants an apology and punitive damages amounting to 10 percent of Victoria Osteen's net worth as part of her suit."

Guess I'm not the only one who thinks people should apologize when they've done something wrong.

A court ordered apology or an apology that comes as the result of a demand, it far more than worthless. It is insulting at best

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 12:56:53 PM »

A court ordered apology or an apology that comes as the result of a demand, it far more than worthless. It is insulting at best

Agreed.

"Those who have not humbled their souls before God in acknowledging their guilt, have not yet fulfilled the first condition of acceptance. If we have not experienced that repentance which is not to be repented of, and have not with true humiliation of soul and brokenness of spirit confessed our sins, abhorring our iniquity, we have never truly sought for the forgiveness of sin; and if we have never sought, we have never found the peace of God. The only reason why we do not have remission of sins that are past is that we are not willing to humble our hearts and comply with the conditions of the word of truth. Explicit instruction is given concerning this matter. Confession of sin, whether public or private, should be heartfelt and freely expressed. It is not to be urged from the sinner. It is not to be made in a flippant and careless way, or forced from those who have no realizing sense of the abhorrent character of sin. The confession that is the outpouring of the inmost soul finds its way to the God of infinite pity. The psalmist says, 'The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.' Psalm 34:18.

"True confession is always of a specific character, and acknowledges particular sins. They may be of such a nature as to be brought before God only; they may be wrongs that should be confessed to individuals who have suffered injury through them; or they may be of a public character, and should then be as publicly confessed. But all confession should be definite and to the point, acknowledging the very sins of which you are guilty." (SC 37, 38)

It is quite plain from the above that those who will not apologize have not been forgiven and are not converted. Getting a court to order someone to apologize does not improve that person's standing with God.

Kind of sobering to think about.

Ozzie

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 02:56:34 PM »

According to court documents, Brown claims that she suffers from anxiety and hemorrhoids because of the incident and said her faith was affected. She is also suing Osteen for medical expenses for counseling

Not sure who is telling the truth here and some people that think they are a little above the rest of the mortals can be a pain in the backside,  but I have never heard of an incident such as this causing hemmorrhoids. Curious now to see how much counseling is needed for hemmorrhoids and a dispute such as this

Just when one thinks they've heard it all, along comes damages for haemorrhoids! :rabbit: :help:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 03:12:16 PM »

Just when one thinks they've heard it all, along comes damages for haemorrhoids! :rabbit: :help:

I don't think I could sue for those type of damages and keep a straight face in court :ROFL:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up