Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why No Jesus Lawsuits Even While On Cross?  (Read 7300 times)

irspro

Why No Jesus Lawsuits Even While On Cross?
« on: August 21, 2008, 05:00:24 AM »

Not only did He not file a lawsuit, He prayed to His Father to forgive them as they knew not what they were doing!!

Was Jesus mentally unbalanced when he urged his followers to willingly give their coats after they were forced from their cloaks?

Why is it that we may not all  understand why He never turned the stones to bread when urged?

Why is it that we all have a tendency to stand afaroff when the heat is on; however, the frontrow seats seem to all be occupied in times of popularity?

Why didn't Jesus ever file suit for at least a retirement system?

Gregory

• Veteran Member
Re: Why No Jesus Lawsuits Even While On Cross?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:55:48 AM »

I  guess that the answer to your questions involved the mission and ministry of Jesus Christ--To effect the salvation of the human race.

Your questions support the idea that the Chruch is not to plaly the role of a civil magistrate.  There are some issues that fall under the venue of civil government.

By the way, no human on earth has the specific mission that Jesus  Christ had.  His was unique to him alone.

irspro

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:03:02 AM »

I  guess that the answer to your questions involved the mission and ministry of Jesus Christ--To effect the salvation of the human race.

Your questions support the idea that the Chruch is not to plaly the role of a civil magistrate.  There are some issues that fall under the venue of civil government.

By the way, no human on earth has the specific mission that Jesus  Christ had.  His was unique to him alone.

Gregory:

Just an ensample or two was my modus!  I don't generally argue with fence posts!  What matter could come between two church member more dire that one's life being on the line with nails in their hands and feet?

I'm not conceited, just convinced so don't open your mouth any wider and attempt to remove any more doubt as there is none left to remove.  Don't look for further conversation on the matter directly with you as you are totally on IGNORE!!!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 07:48:31 AM »

Gregory:

Just an ensample or two was my modus!  I don't generally argue with fence posts!  What matter could come between two church member more dire that one's life being on the line with nails in their hands and feet?

I'm not conceited, just convinced so don't open your mouth any wider and attempt to remove any more doubt as there is none left to remove.  Don't look for further conversation on the matter directly with you as you are totally on IGNORE!!!

I am glad you found the ignore button, could I ask you to please tell me where it is located.
I checked and it has been requested before of the moderators I think and they did not believe there was one

I was certain I read where there is the option of the ignore feature. Help, I can't find it now. Is it hiding in plain sight

Snoopy
Group: Admin Team
Veteran Member

Re: Ignore Button
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:41:59 PM » Quote 

I checked under "my profile" and I see there is an ignore button for private messages but I don't see it for regular posts.  If you are being harrassed by a member via PMs, please do send them on to one of the moderators.

As for ignoring posts by particular members, I'll have to defer to Daryl on that one.

Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

Gregory

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 07:57:26 AM »

You do not have to argue with me.  If I chose, I will post in your thread and you can ignore my posts while others read.
Gregory:

irspro

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 07:58:51 AM »

For those with less than "stumbling-around-intelligence", "IGNORE"  is always in "DEFAULT MODE!!"

Maxey

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:06:18 AM »

Gregory:

I am glad you found the ignore button, could I ask you to please tell me where it is located.
I checked and it has been requested before of the moderators I think and they did not believe there was one

I was certain I read where there is the option of the ignore feature. Help, I can't find it now. Is it hiding in plain sight

Snoopy
Group: Admin Team
Veteran Member

Re: Ignore Button
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:41:59 PM » Quote 

I checked under "my profile" and I see there is an ignore button for private messages but I don't see it for regular posts.  If you are being harrassed by a member via PMs, please do send them on to one of the moderators.

As for ignoring posts by particular members, I'll have to defer to Daryl on that one.

ROFL Bonnie!  I haven't found it either.  Somebody needs to write an add-on program we can use.  I’m thinking that a “pompous buffoon” filter would be most helpful.

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »

As to  Why No Jesus Lawsuits Even While On Cross? 

Why do so many ask stuff like this.

Christ could not file a lawsuit and still be the saviour for all mankind. Impossible to declare for one and not the other.  I also believe he could not marry for the same reason. Could not pledge his life,loyalty to one woman over all the others. He could not have children as he could not love his child more thanmine.
Besides it would be a bit tricky to file a lawsuit from the cross in such a short amount of time
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 08:29:32 AM »

ROFL Bonnie!  I haven't found it either.  Somebody needs to write an add-on program we can use.  I’m thinking that a “pompous buffoon” filter would be most helpful.

In the meantime, perhaps we could have emesis containers handy for when the unpleasant odor of ecclesiastical egotistic effluence overwhelms the more sensitive among us.
??? ?? ??? ?? ????

irspro

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »

A repeat if it sailed over your head!

"Not only did He not file a lawsuit, He prayed to His Father to forgive them for they knew not what they were doing!!

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 11:46:10 AM »

A repeat if it sailed over your head!

"Not only did He not file a lawsuit, He prayed to His Father to forgive them for they knew not what they were doing!!

And this means what?? You could take this a couple of different ways and not sure how you meant it.

Are you saying that DS should have only prayed for God to forgive all those that had concerns about his operation of 3ABN. Or did you mean that those that have concerns over the operation of 3ABN should only be praying that God would forgive DS.

Snoopy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »

ADMIN HAT ON

I believe this thread has quickly degenerated into a fairly ugly exchange between several members.  Thus, I am closing it temporarily for staff review.

ADMIN HAT OFF
Pages: [1]   Go Up