Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you feel a post was made in violation in one or more of the Forum Rules of Advent Talk, then please click on the link provided and give a reason for reporting the post.  The Admin Team will then review the reported post and the reason given, and will respond accordingly.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Adventist Forums and Websites  (Read 52000 times)

GrammieT

Re: Adventist Forums and Websites
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2008, 08:12:29 AM »

I used to sell them but when I got the current male Chow 'Simba', he has such a loving and calm demeaner with a great personality and good instincts, that I gave away the last litters to all the neighbors in nearby farms and to friends. So now I go and visit the 'offspring' and the neighbors or friends at the same time, they even named theirs after the father so there are many  'Simba Jr.' or variations......

I know what you mean about Simba's loving and calm demeanor.  :amen:  When I was about 4 years old, my parents decided to try to breed Chows for some extra, desperately needed income.  Well, when I saw that little red Chow puppy jumping through the grass at his homeplace he reminded me of a cricket hopping around.  So we took 'Cricket' home and loved him for about 8 years. (He had some unbelievable Chinese name as a thorobred but he was 'Cricket' to us.) He was so good with my little brothers and other children who came to live in another house on our property, expecially a precious baby girl with blond hair and blue eyes.  Anyway, he would follow us to school every day and then go on a back route back home.  Being a Chow, he was not afraid of any other dogs but I suppose people thought he was mean or something.  Anyway, one day at the end of my eighth grade year, I came home the back way and found him shot to death.  I was so-o-o-o upset!  We think that it was a family who was generally unfriendly to most everybody else, but especially to us because of our last name and that we were SDA's (you know - DIFFERENT!), and they may just have had a rather daunting experience with Cricket from teasing him - he didn't suffer fools gladly - we never knew for sure, but that would have been their way of getting back at us for whatever 'reason' in their small minds. 

I still have a great love for Chows and would like Martha Stewart for that reason alone if not for her other admirable talents.  ;D  Unfortunately I live in a trailer park and we are not allowed pets over 20 pounds.  :'(

GrammieT   :dogwag:

reddogs

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2008, 11:07:45 AM »

Simba loves children, and his son Simba Jr. will sit quietly and not bat a eyelash while the children 2-6 years old play with him and make him sit and put their arms around him, and hold him.....

My wife has pictures but I found one that looks like the creme color of my chows...

GrammieT

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2008, 11:39:35 AM »

Simba loves children, and his son Simba Jr. will sit quietly and not bat a eyelash while the children 2-6 years old play with him and make him sit and put their arms around him, and hold him.....

My wife has pictures but I found one that looks like the creme color of my chows...

Wow!  What a beautiful dog.  I just want to hug him.  Mine was a wonderful orange-red color.  Maybe I'll tell you more at another time.  It was quite a saga.  My daughter has a chocolate colored Chow-Rotweiler mix and he is a darling too.  His name is GruffyBear and we all just love him a lot.  But, back on topic, huh?   :pals:

GrammieT   :dogwag:

calvin

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »

....and all of you left blacksda.com off the list, where all of you here have visted/or are members, go figure.  Over 250,000 posts in five years makes BSDA the most active Adventist forum on the Internet.  First Adventist forum to have a chat room and shoutbox, which Stan and Daryl soon followed.  First to do interviews, which Stan followed.  First to allow open discussion on 3ABN, which Daryl followed with Adventtalk.  Most extensive set of smilies and avators to select from and a 300 game arcade in case you had not noticed.

Fran

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »

I haven't forgotten BSDA!  I never will.  My home away from home.  I am not here too much either.  I also visit CA and MSDAoline.  I even peek-a-boo other places too!  I will never forget your kindness to me either.

I LOVE BLACKSDA.COM AND CALVIN!

Ozzie

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2008, 12:42:59 AM »

....and all of you left blacksda.com off the list, where all of you here have visted/or are members, go figure.  Over 250,000 posts in five years makes BSDA the most active Adventist forum on the Internet.  First Adventist forum to have a chat room and shoutbox, which Stan and Daryl soon followed.  First to do interviews, which Stan followed.  First to allow open discussion on 3ABN, which Daryl followed with Adventtalk.  Most extensive set of smilies and avators to select from and a 300 game arcade in case you had not noticed.

Calvie Baby (don't be offended. That's a pet name for my s-i-l too). I didn't notice they left out Black SDA coz I didn't even read what had been posted. Some just make up stuff to post, it seems to be noticed, and I don't bother reading them. It needs to have 'meat' in it for me to read!

Black SDA is a very special place for me too.
  :dogwag: :rabbit: :purr:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

Emma

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2008, 01:42:45 AM »

I frequent BSDA too - and I had not read the list here so did not notice, like Ozzie, that Calvin's creation was missing.

And the Arcade is GREAT!!

Johann

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 03:36:56 AM »

We are grateful to you, Calvin!

reddogs

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2008, 10:15:59 AM »

Well if they believed in the Adventist message I would have added them, but sadly that is not the case as Clay, the administrative group under him and others have made quite clear...

They have fought against and attacked anyone that comes in to the BSDA forum with any belief in Adventism, they have made it clear in their statements that they do not accept Ellen G White or the Spirit of Prophecy or the message given to the the SDA church for the end times, they do not believe in the teaching of the Heavenly Sanctuary, or Pre-Advent Judgement, they feel the seventh day Sabbath is no longer important, they are against the Three Angels' Messages (exposing the papacy, Babylon, ecumenism, explaining the Sabbath-Sunday-question, exalting the law of God, etc.), they have made it clear that they do not believe that the SDA church is the church of the Remnant, they reject what they call the 'imposition of the 28 fundimental beliefs' upon them, they do not accept that 1844 was a key point in prophecy and that the Advent movement that arose out of it was relevant and have repeated their views even at other sites. In short, they do not believe in Adventism and fight against it with every weapon, strategy and tactic on that website, and at the Christianforums.com website, so I am quite familiar with their purpose and beliefs.....

Clay and I have gone over this quite extensively, so if any question on it, please feel free to discuss it with Clay...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:19:38 PM by reddogs »

Ozzie

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2008, 07:37:33 PM »

I have not found that to be the case.

Are we talking about the same site?
  :dunno:
Ozzie

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
~ Frank Sculley.

GrandmaNettie

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »

reddogs, Clay is a vitally important member and the Grand Pooh Bah (Emeritus) of a not-so-secret society at BlackSDA.com,  but he is not the owner.  Calvin is the owner of BlackSDA.com and is confident enough in his own faith to allow his members to have their own views on theology, religion, faith and the denomination in general.

??? ?? ??? ?? ????

reddogs

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2008, 06:54:35 AM »

reddogs, Clay is a vitally important member and the Grand Pooh Bah (Emeritus) of a not-so-secret society at BlackSDA.com,  but he is not the owner.  Calvin is the owner of BlackSDA.com and is confident enough in his own faith to allow his members to have their own views on theology, religion, faith and the denomination in general.

Calvin knows what is going on and from my contact with him I would say appears to completely support it.....

Clay or 'Stormyone' as he is known in Christianforums.com has for many years made clear his position on Adventism....

He clearly rejects the Spirit of Prophecy and the pillars of truth of the SDA church, if you have any doubt check out a few of his postings below from the Christianforums.com site as the BSDA site drops out after a few pages so I dont have access to the relevant ones there, thus many Adventist come into BSDA not knowing what the Clay/administrative group truly believe as the threads are gone....

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=2053709

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096192

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=6302895

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=2249160

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=6187387

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=2234703

Plus I personally and others have discussed it with Clay/Stormyone extensively and he has left us with no doubt on these issues.

As I said, if you doubt it, ask Clay directly if he accepts Ellen G. White and the 28 Fundimental Beliefs, that will leave you with no doubt on the matter...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:14:49 AM by reddogs »

Maxey

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2008, 07:30:46 AM »

It would appear that reddogs does not share that same confidence in his faith.  I'm guessing that Calvin and company are devastated at reddogs charges.  Moving on...

bonnie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2008, 07:47:52 AM »

Plus I personally and others have discussed it with Clay/Stormyone extensively and he has left us with no doubt on these issues.

As I said, if you doubt it, ask Clay directly if he accepts Ellen G. White and the 28 Fundamental Beliefs, that will leave you with no doubt on the matter...

The other forum you hang out at has a wide diversity of beliefs. I have never seen you express concern over that.
There are those SDA's that believe it is alright to drink alcohol socially,EW was a nice lady that was delusional, she is not a prophet but a good writer,some of what she says has value and then skip over the part you disagree with etc.

Can you explain the difference as you included C/A in the list of websites I believe
Beware of those that verbally try to convince you they are Christian. Check your back pocket and make sure your wallet is still there. Next check your reputation to see if it is still intact. Chances are, one or both will be missing

reddogs

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2008, 08:51:41 AM »

It would appear that reddogs does not share that same confidence in his faith.  I'm guessing that Calvin and company are devastated at reddogs charges.  Moving on...

I dont think he cares about what I have to say, but go to the source, ask Clay/Stormyone...I have no doubt he will share his opinions...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up