Advent Talk

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Click Here to Enter Maritime SDA OnLine.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Benefit to "help victims of clergy sexual abuse" to be held at 3ABN church  (Read 9582 times)

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member

http://www.thehopeofsurvivors.com/pdf_files/Concert_PR2010.pdf

Several comments come to mind, but I'll hold onto them to give this time to sink in.  ???
Duane Clem
It's not about religion, It's about a relationship

Murcielago

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

Sooo... Alex? You going to submit an application? Perhaps you will go to the concert?

christined

Makes me wonder what their (3ABN) motive is for this program at this time.  Can't trust a snake in the grass. ::)

mrst53

I would say this was a "boa constrictor" in the grass. What a crock of something and it's not butter :dunno:

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member

Well, to be fair, it looks like it's not actually hosted by 3ABN, but it IS at their church. I can only hope this was booked WAY in advance and has nothing to do with recent happenings.
Duane Clem

tinka

• Veteran Member

Wwhhhhhaaaattt !!!  You can't be serious!  Am I thinking right that they want to take up money for the victims that outsiders pay so that 3abn don't have too? Somebody set me straight so I do not misunderstand.  or will they manage to claim and keep all expenses of proceeds for musicians, gas, and all their expenses too. Sounds like they all live in Stupidville.

edited for extra thought and unbelief of this.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 06:03:56 PM by tinka »

Emma

A great idea.....interesting timing 

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

I suggest that Duane, Roger, Greg, Alex, Brad, and the rest take the press release at face value and contact Samantha and offer to share their testimonies. Whether or not there is time in the program to share their testimonies, they certainly could mingle with the folks who came and talk with them. If news reporters show up, they could talk with them.

It probably isn't too late to get T-shirts made up for the occasion. You guys would know better than me what to put on them if such an idea is appropriate. ("I Survived Pastoral Abuse" on one side, and Tommy's mug shot behind bars on the other?)

Gailon Arthur Joy

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member

I am struck by the fact that they have ignored the MOAT on their own eye and want Samantha to deal with the "other purversions". How much better that 3ABN had taken the lead in this issue and been pro-active so many years ago offering some resolution for all the victims of Tommy Ray Shelton's years of operation, before and after 3ABN employment.

But, once again, the moment to deal with it has long since past and it now sits as just another stain upon a very blemished ministry!!!

May the Lord have mercy upon their hypocrisy!!!

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member

I suggest that Duane, Roger, Greg, Alex, Brad, and the rest take the press release at face value and contact Samantha and offer to share their testimonies. Whether or not there is time in the program to share their testimonies, they certainly could mingle with the folks who came and talk with them. If news reporters show up, they could talk with them.

It probably isn't too late to get T-shirts made up for the occasion. You guys would know better than me what to put on them if such an idea is appropriate. ("I Survived Pastoral Abuse" on one side, and Tommy's mug shot behind bars on the other?)
No thanks.

Their website says they encourage seeking a professional counselor. Because of this, they have no credibility.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:10:37 PM by ex3abnemployee »
Duane Clem

Artiste

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

:ROFL:
"Si me olvido de ti, oh Jerusalén, pierda mi diestra su destreza."

Bob Pickle

• Defendants
  • Veteran Member
    • Pickle Publishing

http://www.thehopeofsurvivors.com/about_us.asp

I think it should be noted that the makeup of their board has changed dramatically. In 2007 six of the directors were either 3ABN employees or their spouses. Not no more. I don't see even one 3ABN employee or spouse in the list.

Johann

Strange that this concert is held at 3ABN just as the case of Tommy Shelton is pending.

Also interesting that the announcements states the offering will benefit the society. Does that include victims?

ex3abnemployee

• Veteran Member

Yet another interesting point is that it appears nowhere on 3ABN's site. At least I didn't see it.
Duane Clem

Adam

• Veteran Member

Ironic to say the least. One must wonder, why now? Has 3ABN finally came to their senses? And realized that employing and defending an admitted sex pervert is wrong? Not only that, but allowing him on their children programs!!!!!Or is this Danny's way of throwing Tommy under the bus?

Odd to say the least.
When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. --
Billy Graham
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up